Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Actual server downtime :stare: Tivac what broke?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

Actual server downtime :stare: Tivac what broke?!

Beta ended, I guess HoT is finally launching. :shrug:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Is there any reason to just throw random junk into the Mystic Forge? I tend to sell my random loot because I'm too lazy to try and figure a good price for the Auction House and don't care about the crafting materials, but I'm wondering is it worth throwing in the forge for a potential exotic, or do you have to follow specific recipes for exotic+ gear?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!
We should all take a moment to reflect on how great is that we play an MMO where 30 minutes of server downtime is a serious event.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

my precious baby. how adorable. so smol

I kinda want a pocket raptor alpha as a pet on my ranger. Special ability, summon 5 pocket raptors that have fury for the duration of the summon :twisted:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 29, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

going on a guided tour of the new borderlands since the servers were borked reminded me of how good the new maps actually are

they're really good. hang out with sfd and do wvw, it's a great time. speaking on mumble not required, but listening in might let you hear music along with nerds talking.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ExHumus posted:

We should all take a moment to reflect on how great is that we play an MMO where 30 minutes of server downtime is a serious event.

100% agree.
I had forgotten how many games that had 2 hours if downtime PER DAY.

Wow!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

nessin posted:

Is there any reason to just throw random junk into the Mystic Forge? I tend to sell my random loot because I'm too lazy to try and figure a good price for the Auction House and don't care about the crafting materials, but I'm wondering is it worth throwing in the forge for a potential exotic, or do you have to follow specific recipes for exotic+ gear?

Fishing for precursors is a gamble, there's as many or more stories of people spending as much as they could have bought the thing for, before actually getting it out.

Four rare/exotic weapons all of the same type as the precursor you want out are what you should toss in, don't substitute in others or mystic stones or you're bound to get an underwater one if any. This is why rare sword, greatsword, staff, dagger, some others, all sell for above average ecto salvage value on the TP.

If you want the same thrill, just throw in all the random poo poo green and yellow sigils and runes you get from salvaging. Maybe you'll get a Strength rune out!

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

my precious baby. how adorable. so smol

I kinda want a pocket raptor alpha as a pet on my ranger. Special ability, summon 5 pocket raptors that have fury for the duration of the summon :twisted:
No, a pet pocket raptor would be a whole group of pocket raptors :getin:

Also I encountered some cavern screamers, they're motherfucking shark-headed raptors, why were these not made a pet yesterday?

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 29, 2015

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Sooooo, as far as I can tell target nearest ally and target next ally only target minions, minis, and maybe npcs. Is that a new bug or has it always been like that? I've never bothered to bind either before.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

objectively the best new pet. look at that adorable face :downs:

Cuddles also says hi:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Adhesive Gamin posted:

If you want the same thrill, just throw in all the random poo poo green and yellow sigils and runes you get from salvaging. Maybe you'll get a Strength rune out!

Wait you mean there's something else I could be doing with all my crap runes and sigils?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Also I finally know what it feels like to get nibbled to death by the pockets. Up till now I've recognized that large groups of small dinos would be dangerous (this first time I saw a pack I thought of jurassic park :v:)

But today I accidentally aggro'd three groups. I was dead before I knew what was happening.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/659619739019436032

Man they really broke poo poo :stare:

vvv ownt

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i cant log in *shits self*

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Also I finally know what it feels like to get nibbled to death by the pockets. Up till now I've recognized that large groups of small dinos would be dangerous (this first time I saw a pack I thought of jurassic park :v:)

But today I accidentally aggro'd three groups. I was dead before I knew what was happening.

That's when you turn on your second health bar and aoe the little bastards. Don't worry if you miss your minions will take care of it.

(I am loving reaper mm faceroll)

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Gonna post this here in case people don't know:

Hold down jump (i.e. don't double tap) as you throw yourself off a ledge and the glider will deploy at max height!

The krait obelisk in your home instance that you can commune with for a hero point has been changed and now resets daily along with your other nodes! (living story season 1 reward, can be purchased for laurels and gold if you missed it afaik)

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Wait you mean there's something else I could be doing with all my crap runes and sigils?

It's probably better to just TP the rare quality ones but I hate selling them one by one with how choppy the TP interface is, so I end up dumping them by fours into the forge (after a couple world bosses + teq worth of salvaging, they build up), vendor the leftover greens, let the yellows sit around, and rarely get an exotic one worth listing. Exotic quality ones can't be forged to reroll them, they're just used in legendary weapons sometimes.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Games dead. Everyone back to tor. They just released an expansion. Mux is guild leader. Please pm him for invite.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

forkbucket posted:

The krait obelisk in your home instance that you can commune with for a hero point has been changed and now resets daily along with your other nodes!

i think that this is bullshit, as a connoisseur of bullshit

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Dreggon posted:

i think that this is bullshit, as a connoisseur of bullshit

I got a hero point on it for two consecutive days on my Rev :shrug: think it is account wide though, just like the nodes

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This would happen the night before one of my shifts where I pretty much have to stay up all night and get to faff about in GW2 :sigh:

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!
Game is back up!

EDIT: Connection issues are still present. :suicide:

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 29, 2015

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

forkbucket posted:

I got a hero point on it for two consecutive days on my Rev :shrug: think it is account wide though, just like the nodes

Anyone else tried this?

Envy Insanity
Oct 2, 2003

Have gone to commit suicide. Intend to return from grave Friday. Feed cat.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

That's when you turn on your second health bar and aoe the little bastards. Don't worry if you miss your minions will take care of it.

(I am loving reaper mm faceroll)

I'm interested in going this route on my necro, would you mind posting the build you're using?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
So I take it full zerk gear is still "meta" or "best" or whatnot? I was really hoping they'd buff up other stats without turning it into a trinity, but so far I've only heard about zerk still being unbeatable. Gonna use commander's gear, but is zerk really that far above everything else? Am I gimping myself out of raids/fractals?

e: read the respones from a couple days ago. If I still want to not die in a couple hits or rely solely on dodge for survivability, is commander's a good mid-choice?

lewtt fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 29, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

lewtt posted:

So I take it full zerk gear is still "meta" or "best" or whatnot? I was really hoping they'd buff up other stats without turning it into a trinity, but so far I've only heard about zerk still being unbeatable. Gonna use commander's gear, but is zerk really that far above everything else? Am I gimping myself out of raids/fractals?

e: read the respones from a couple days ago. If I still want to not die in a couple hits or rely solely on dodge for survivability, is commander's a good mid-choice?
Marauder is a pretty nice compromise as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I still run my shatter mesmer zerk and I feel like it's even more powerful with chrono added to the mix. Is it a glass cannon? I dunno, with the Sword+Shield as my 2nd weapon set I can get some good blocks, evades and interrupts, and otherwise shatter away with my GS.

Plus I can't be arsed to craft another ascended set so there's that too. Maybe I'll have to reconsider if I want to do raiding, but we'll see. Open world is fine.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
In PvP, Marauder is really loving nice and I use it on both Revenant and Guardian. With Ranger and Mesmer I felt like Berserker may still be a better choice.

In PvE/WvW you could accomplish something very similar to Marauder by throwing in some Valkyrie gear, so if you weren't doing that before I don't see why you'd switch to Marauder now.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
A friend liked one of my animes so much she had one of her friends turn it into another anime, making it anime squared!

The anime in question:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

put this at the start of the OP

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I look like something Todd Macfarlane came up with

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know I'm mixing eras but I instinctively heard this when I saw that image:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Lonk posted:

I look like something Todd Macfarlane came up with

It looks like there is a tiny guy riding on you.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

I still run my shatter mesmer zerk and I feel like it's even more powerful with chrono added to the mix. Is it a glass cannon? I dunno, with the Sword+Shield as my 2nd weapon set I can get some good blocks, evades and interrupts, and otherwise shatter away with my GS.

Plus I can't be arsed to craft another ascended set so there's that too. Maybe I'll have to reconsider if I want to do raiding, but we'll see. Open world is fine.

As a Chronomancer, I feel tankier than I ever did as a normal Mesmer without changing equipment at all. I'm still running full zerk and using a shield, Well of Precognition, and judicious use of Distortion to just not take damage. (Seriously, Well of Precognition is awesome, at least in the open world. Nothing quite like throwing it down and letting a group of people stand there as a Mordrem charges straight through them, damaging nobody.)

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Softface posted:

A friend liked one of my animes so much she had one of her friends turn it into another anime, making it anime squared!

The anime in question:

I legitimately think that fanart is rad. Your friend has that 1980s anime style down and her line work's impressive as hell.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Softface posted:

The anime in question:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Protip posted:

New zones are very beautiful, and I've also really been digging the new music. It really works well with the atmosphere of the new zones. Here is a playlist someone put together on YouTube if you want to listen outside of the game.

Some selections:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvnP91PDfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8c8GGHl4Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4l987JxY1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvI--Q8VEPE

There is one track that sounds like something from Shadow of the Colossus with a sad violin, know what track that could be?

Edit: I think I found it, right here at about 28 seconds, that is exactly shadow of the colossus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTsTZb6pl8

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 29, 2015

• Locked thread