Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
@JoannaStern: And yes, I keep calling it the BlackBerry Perv. Seems like a pretty good name actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

The Management posted:

@JoannaStern: And yes, I keep calling it the BlackBerry Perv. Seems like a pretty good name actually.

joanna stern is queen of yospos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nelson MandEULA posted:

joanna stern is queen of yospos

is she the lady with the slice of cheese on the blackberry?

also, she faces stiff competition from sarah jeong

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mishaq posted:

why are they borrowing money for operations but sitting on a shitload of cash

because that cash is literally their last lifeblood. the creditors are going to get it, too.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

because that cash is literally their last lifeblood. the creditors are going to get it, too.

how many expenses can you have when you've fired 90% of your staff and sold all your real estate and outsourced manufacturing? :v:

don't they have SEVERAL billion in cash?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the cash will be used to pay the creditors after the bankruptcy, as well as the patents and assets that were put up as collateral, leaving shareholders with nothing.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

good, no one who buys shares of BBRY deserves anything

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mishaq posted:

not even contempt and scorn?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

i wonder how many canadian pensioners are gonna get hosed this time

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ahmeni posted:

i wonder how many canadian pensioners are gonna get hosed this time

when will the ottawa teacher pension fund or whatever learn to stop investing in canadian tech companies after Nortel and now soon to be Blackberry

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mishaq posted:

when will the ottawa teacher pension fund or whatever learn to stop investing in canadian tech companies after Nortel and now soon to be Blackberry

teachers' are going to be fine

they have so many assets that they only list companies in which they have 150 million+ stake in their annual report
their bbry stake was 90 million when they bought it, about 70 million now

they have 150 billion+ in assets

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mr. Apollo posted:

official blackberry marketing

sleep tight androider

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

sleep tight androider

*a lone tear rolls down John Chen's face as he smothers bb with a pillow

"Suffer no more my little man" he whispers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FMguru posted:

not even contempt and scorn?

oh no, they definitely deserve that.

mishaq posted:

ETFO and OSSTF were pretty salty over the Nortel collapse. Good times.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Apollo posted:

what the gently caress

link

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

graph posted:

what the gently caress

link
it was on http://www.blackberry.com but it seems to have been replaced with a different ad in the same "series"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Yessss!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

(ad by timmy, age 7)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

qirex posted:

(ad by timmy, age 7)

I'm guessing they can only get co-ops to fill the marketing positions because who the hell stick around? They've been advertising Support positions in Waterloo but only for CS students.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

infernal machines posted:

Yessss!

i have seen dealextreme specials with better advertising

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Mr. Apollo posted:

blackberry androids dream of electric chairs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Yessss!
they should of waited (and sent a poet)

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Yessss!

:pwn:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just so everyone is clear, the word "Yessss!" has a speech bubble, as in, the word itself is saying something. so even ignoring how amateurish the whole thing is, it's also completely nonsensical conceptually too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

they should of waited (and sent a poet)

they should have just gathered all of the employees in the the main conference room, locked the doors, and set fire to the building

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my andwoid advuhtwisement, by bwackbewwy, age 5

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

*a lone tear rolls down John Chen's face as he smothers bb with a pillow

"Suffer no more my little man" he whispers

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
is this loving website from 2005?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
former cdn pm stephen harper tryst pics leak only on the final day of his term, typical

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Space Cadet posted:

This might finally be the device that will convince my wife to upgrade from her 9800 Torch, this is the first phone she is at least looking at. Depending on how it goes I might even switch from iPhone to this as I am getting tired of the apple phone experience.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I really need to catch up with my dumbass cousin and see if he's still rocking his blackberry z10 that he bought at launch. he's not even canadian.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

they replaced my perfectly serviceable curve with a q10 because of some foofaw about how it wouldn't work with the new version of exchange or whatever

i dislike having to charge it more than once a week

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

they replaced my perfectly serviceable curve with a q10 because of some foofaw about how it wouldn't work with the new version of exchange or whatever

i dislike having to charge it more than once a week

tbf, this was your infrastucture guys finally rolling the rotting corpse of bes out the door so they could use mdm/mail that wasn't a hacked together java abomination. bb10 is still poo poo from a butt, but at least it natively supports a mail platform that people use

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
so the priv doesnt look like a total garbage fire. mainly bc it's running pretty much stock anroid. maybe some hardcore keyboard lovers will flock to it but idk i think the world has moved on.

also the first review unit the verge got was defective lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umJ1oDbNwZ8

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

why is know in all caps

the lean on the italics isnt the loving same lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wow their marketing was never great but right now it's like high school desktop publishing project

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

pram posted:

wow their marketing was never great but right now it's like high school desktop publishing project

Mrs. Simpkins' junior year Waterloo High newspaper team assisted on the latest Blackberry campaign

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

Mrs. Simpkins' junior year Waterloo High newspaper team assisted on the latest Blackberry campaign

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

Ms MacDonald's grade 11 Waterloo High newspaper team assisted on the latest Blackberry campaign

• Locked thread