Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

It's really weird that it's not more focused on Krysten Ritter. Especially because, from what I can tell from the trailer, David Tennant is a shadowy figure whose face isn't front and center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like it, a guy's who power is "make anyone do what you say" has talked his way to front and center of someone else's poster.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Light Gun Man posted:

:laffo: if you think tumblr type Dr. Who fans aren't going to just be MORE turned on now that he's a mind rapist or whatever.

urrgggg why did you bring up this horrible fact.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ThatPazuzu posted:

It's really weird that it's not more focused on Krysten Ritter.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Welp. I'm wrong

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wish they hadn't changed the name from AKA Jessica Jones.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh hey, Nightmare in Red by Michael Whelan :D

Sepultura used it for their cover on Beneath the Remains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZhOuG2W0d0

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I wish they hadn't changed the name from AKA Jessica Jones.

It feels like there is a trend where execs know that no one ever said, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" or "Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events" so they are ring to boil down to the shortest titles that are reasonable. Or, what they think people would be referring it as later.

The romcom industry could take a note. Those have the worst titles.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

One of the worst TV decisions I made was watching all of daredevil but gently caress if I'm not curious about that show.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Inzombiac posted:

It feels like there is a trend where execs know that no one ever said, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" or "Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events" so they are ring to boil down to the shortest titles that are reasonable. Or, what they think people would be referring it as later.

AKA Jessica Jones is punchy! I mean it's not like you have to rename a show "Steve Urkel" because of the stupid fans.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Calico Heart posted:

One of the worst TV decisions I made was watching all of daredevil but gently caress if I'm not curious about that show.

What? It's the best thing in the MCU, give or take a Captain America.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

LesterGroans posted:

What? It's the best thing in the MCU, give or take a Captain America.

I think he meant watching it all nonstop without any food or bathroom breaks. That's the only way it makes sense.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The parts of that show that aren't good are super boring. The parts that aren't boring are very good.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I know a guy whose dad calls The Simpsons "Homer"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ALFbrot posted:

That's awesome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Is this David Mack or someone aping David Mack?

I don't know if he's doing the posters, but according to his Facebook he worked on the intro credits and was on set during filming.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm down with it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Light Gun Man posted:

:laffo: if you think tumblr type Dr. Who fans aren't going to just be MORE turned on now that he's a mind rapist or whatever.

I don't doubt he's going to have that following, but most Tenth Doctor fangirls seem to love him as a tragic figure that loses everything he holds dear, not really noticing (or caring) that he's usually a hypocritical, vindictive monster. I feel like that type will have issues grappling with Tennant playing an overt villain and rapist.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
U saying nobody relates with comic book villains???

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

ALFbrot posted:

My mom does this. She'll also randomly give the show's name to the main character, so Emily Deschanel's character is "Bones," or Peter Griffin is "Family Guy."

Cleretic posted:

I don't doubt he's going to have that following, but most Tenth Doctor fangirls seem to love him as a tragic figure that loses everything he holds dear, not really noticing (or caring) that he's usually a hypocritical, vindictive monster. I feel like that type will have issues grappling with Tennant playing an overt villain and rapist.

If people latch onto Zebediah Killgrave and call him "sexy," I'll lose a lot of faith in people.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Light Gun Man posted:

What are you even talking about.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Vanderdeath posted:

My mom does this. She'll also randomly give the show's name to the main character, so Emily Deschanel's character is "Bones,

Wait, is the character's name not Bones? I haven't ever watched it, but I would have put good money on it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Slugworth posted:

Wait, is the character's name not Bones? I haven't ever watched it, but I would have put good money on it.

It's a nickname of the main character but not her actual name.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sleeveless posted:

What are you even talking about.

David Tennant is a fan favorite Dr. Who. He is now playing Purple man, a rapey villain with mind powers. The internet fangirls will see this despicable villain as a sexy misunderstood figure. That is what is being posited.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

Are you psychoanalyzing fans of a tv show based on the actor's arc?

This thread is seriously verging from "haha, actor who played hero is now playing villain, how will fanatics react?" to some MRA poo poo.

Edit: Admittedly, the first thing I ever saw Christopher Meloni in was HBO's Oz, so everytime I see him in something else I have a hard time not thinking he's a gay Nazi rapist.

Double edit: Same with JK Simmons.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 30, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's a nickname of the main character but not her actual name.

It's a nickname that the male lead calls her by in practically every episode. There's nothing at all odd about thinking of her as "Bones" rather than "Temperance Brennan".

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Edit: Admittedly, the first thing I ever saw Christopher Meloni in was HBO's Oz, so everytime I see him in something else I have a hard time not thinking he's a gay Nazi rapist.

Even when he's going to go fondle his sweaters make fondue with cheddar?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

David Tennant is a fan favorite Dr. Who. He is now playing Purple man, a rapey villain with mind powers. The internet fangirls will see this despicable villain as a sexy misunderstood figure. That is what is being posited.

I know who David Tennant is and about the show, I meant more the whole nebulous "lol those Tumblrinas sure love ~teh rape~ am I right fellas??? :D" poo poo

In short:

Skwirl posted:

This thread is seriously verging from "haha, actor who played hero is now playing villain, how will fanatics react?" to some MRA poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think it's more of a tvtropes thing than a tumblr thing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Honestly the idea that people haven't heard of "Superwholockians" is sort of baffling but altogether understandable.

The accusation that you have to be an MRA to believe that fandoms have some...problematic relationships with rape is kind of out there though.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 30, 2015

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can we have one nice thread that isn't about weird internet people masturbating to Dr. Who or Anime?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jedit posted:

It's a nickname that the male lead calls her by in practically every episode. There's nothing at all odd about thinking of her as "Bones" rather than "Temperance Brennan".

I was answering a question, not passing judgment :colbert:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but you figure the failure of John Carter would have scared everyone away from "name" titles.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can we have one nice thread that isn't about weird internet people masturbating to Dr. Who or Anime?

we already have nice threads without weird internet people masturbating to GRRM's writings

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Jedit posted:

I'll admit to only watching Bones maybe like four of five times ever, so I didn't know that.

Skwirl posted:

Double edit: Same with JK Simmons.

I'll also admit that I still have a hard time seeing J.K. Simmons as anything other than Schillinger because holy poo poo did he nail that role.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah but you figure the failure of John Carter would have scared everyone away from "name" titles.

John Wick
Jack Reacher
Barry Lyndon
Alex Cross
Fred Claus
Annie Hall
Corky Romano

...hmm, kinda got sidetracked.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 30, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maxwell Lord posted:

John Carter (of Mars) had way more issues than the title. What a beautiful waste of a movie. I've seen it twice and I keep almost seeing a fun and cool movie :smith:

What's that movie, Burned? Didn't it start as Micheal Smith or some other idiotic poo poo?

John Wick gets a pass because that movie loving rules.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

I'm not sure what's going on with Ed Helms' head, or with anything else here, but it's a thing of perverse beauty.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Would legit watch Anthony Mackie as a cop policing a bunch of crazy white people all Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

mind the walrus posted:

Would legit watch Anthony Mackie as a cop policing a bunch of crazy white people all Christmas.

there are criminal levels of didn't give a gently caress in that poster shopjob, that's why they called him