Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tornhelm posted:

Pearl Jam is now classified as Classic Rock.

gently caress you Craig - gently caress you!

Is this a controversial statement? The classic rock station up here has been playing Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Nirvana for years. Probably because that music is 20+ years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is this a controversial statement? The classic rock station up here has been playing Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Nirvana for years. Probably because that music is 20+ years old.

People who grew up on it (myself included) don't need more reminders that they're aging.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

People who grew up on it (myself included) don't need more reminders that they're aging.

I'm part of that group and yes, we often do.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Endless Mike posted:

Why are you concerned with aging, Endless Mike, if that IS your real name.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Typical millennials, refusing to grow up and make something of themselves

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
You know, the mailbag question yesterday about WWE giving Ken Anderson another chance seemed so random. On the list of alumni who might come back, who people might want to see back, Anderson doesn't strike me as being very high on it. He's kind of old now, not in the best shape, he was never a good worker, and most adults are annoyed by his gimmick and character, so he has virtually no upside anyway.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DynamiteKidd posted:

You know, the mailbag question yesterday about WWE giving Ken Anderson another chance seemed so random. On the list of alumni who might come back, who people might want to see back, Anderson doesn't strike me as being very high on it. He's kind of old now, not in the best shape, he was never a good worker, and most adults are annoyed by his gimmick and character, so he has virtually no upside anyway.

Question submitted by: Ken Anderson

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Bryan's reaction to Dave's answer was really funny and mirrored my own concerns.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I liked how Dave completely shut down Bryan's "It would have been better if Bray-Taker never happened," complaint.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bryan Was Right

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

UnfurledSails posted:

I liked how Dave completely shut down Bryan's "It would have been better if Bray-Taker never happened," complaint.

Bryan was right, but so was Dave.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bryan was right that it would have been better if it hadn't happened, but wrong to expect that kind of foresight

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

From Court Bauer and Alex Greenfield's latest podcast: (around 22:00)

quote:

Greenie: One of the many loving problems with WWE is Dunn is sort of the media liaison and if he hasn't generated the loving outside project it gets no traction. The reason why Cena's album got pushed and they've barely mentioned Fozzy is because Cena's was a WWE production and Jericho was doing Fozzy on his own for a long time without any support from them.

Court: Chris got himself booked on Dancing with the Stars, he gets himself booked independent of WWE, which drives the old man loving nuts. He hates it and there have been times where, even if it's from when someone was not signed with the company, he's demanded his cut, and when they've refused, he has gone on at least one occasion to the network and demanded his cut from them and they laughed at him.

Greenie: It is very rare that I name names, but one of my main bitter problems with Vince is, I had Mark Henry and JBL signed to do a movie and he put the kibosh on it because it wasn't his deal. This was Street Warrior, my first project after WWE. JBL was going to be the heel of the movie and Mark was going to be the heel who does the babyface turn, it was a done deal, the offers were made, and the calls I got from them saying "I am so sorry...", and it was a dick move that cuts your own throat, because why not have your talent out there? They were willing to bend over backwards to have these guys do the part, pay them well, and not have them miss any TV time! Like, what the gently caress?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bunch of whiners right there just give vince your cut he's looking out for you

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
As much as I would love a movie starring JBL and Mark Henrh, I'm leery of a guy who talks about "the heel of the movie" and such

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Vince wanting his cut from outside projects is some Suge Knight level poo poo

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well you see without Vince McMahon making them a star they wouldn't be getting any of these deals in the first place so he deserves a percentage goddamnit.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DynamiteKidd posted:

As much as I would love a movie starring JBL and Mark Henrh, I'm leery of a guy who talks about "the heel of the movie" and such

Greenfield worked as a writer for Hollywood things before coming to the WWE, was only there for a year or two, and has gone on to do other Hollywood projects including a horror movie out right now. He is specifically phrasing things in wrestling terms because he is on a wrestling podcast, talking with his former writing partner when they worked for the WWE, and have been going through memories of the WWE.

This isn't that complex.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

oatgan posted:

bryan was right that it would have been better if it hadn't happened, but wrong to expect that kind of foresight

Expecting some planning ahead on how they follow up on the streak, and the usage of Brock isn't asking too much, IMO. They are both right in their own way, and just talked passed each other. Dave and Bryan, everyone!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Mob posted:

Vince wanting his cut from outside projects is some Suge Knight level poo poo

Didn't Maria quit the WWE over Vince wanting a cut from her failed music career?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am laughing so much at the thought of Vince McMahon smashing through the door of the Accounts Department at ABC Studios screaming,"WHERE'S MY CUT!?! WHERE'S MY CUT!?!"

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He's such a short sighted, immature moron that he can't understand how encouraging these outside ventures helps his industry (i.e. WWE) grow and expand. He only sees the short term loss. loving thick bastard.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I am laughing so much at the thought of Vince McMahon smashing through the door of the Accounts Department at ABC Studios screaming,"WHERE'S MY CUT!?! WHERE'S MY CUT!?!"

I've got a mental image of him bursting in and acting like the British Bulldog.

WHERE'S MY title shot CUT!?

*Throws a bin at someone*

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Have Dave and Bryan ever gotten mad at each other? I feel like they are such radically different people.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I could understand not wanting your talent to do outside work if you didn't have some level of control over it; like you wouldn't want Bayley doing a revenge slasher movie where she gets graphically raped and then brutally kills all her rapists. However they should want their talent out their getting their name out in side projects. I think the big fear is like what we're seeing with Lana right now where they give her some exposure and they as soon as the talent can, using that as a platform to springboard into other stuff and leaving the WWE behind. Stacy Kiebler for example has done nothing for the WWE since she left them, and they aren't even interested in bringing her back now that her star has fallen. Jericho on the other hand, has always promoted WWE(or at least while he's on good terms with them) and talked about coming back in when he had the time. Them blocking him from doing stuff was probably dumb because he's one of the few stars they have left that returns a lot and cross-promotes. Rock is so big that he's more of a movie star that occasionally shows up than a wrestler who occasionally does movies/tv. I'm honestly surprised that they haven't fired Lana yet, though it's possible they're just not going to use her anymore and release her when her contract finishes, giving her as little exposure as possible. From their perspective though, who knows which wrestlers will leave them behind and which will do the Jericho thing and come back for 3-5 month runs in between doing other projects.

edit: this Filthy Four Daily with Bryan not understanding how supply & demand work. Wow.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Oct 29, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
What is "F4W Classics"? Just looking through the RSS feeds and there is one for that

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Couple things:

1) I wish WOR wasn't doing those excruciatingly long HOF segments because I wanted Bryan to ask Dave my question about Sin Cara's taint

2) I will never get tired of Filthy Tom making fun of the way Bryan says compound words.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cutting Lana is the most WWE thing because ball-busting women are inherently evil(according to noted woman expert Vince McMahon).

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Muddy Burphy posted:

Couple things:

1) I wish WOR wasn't doing those excruciatingly long HOF segments because I wanted Bryan to ask Dave my question about Sin Cara's taint

2) I will never get tired of Filthy Tom making fun of the way Bryan says compound words.

Strow-MAN

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Muddy Burphy posted:

Couple things:

the HOF segments own, dummy

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Smoking Crow posted:

the HOF segments own, dummy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"I made Whitney watch this match with me so my unborn child could watch Shawn Michaels in the womb!

[pause]

"I don't know if you're joking..."

Tuesday's B&V contains the greatest song in history by the way.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

ch3cooh posted:

Strow-MAN

this is the loving worst. why does he do it. why

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I may be in the minority, but I enjoy wrestling history to an extent yet couldn't really care less about he Wrestling Observer HOF.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Buff Bagwell is a terrible interview. Holy poo poo.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Muddy Burphy posted:

I may be in the minority, but I enjoy wrestling history to an extent yet couldn't really care less about he Wrestling Observer HOF.

Ultimately why I love the discussions about the HOF is it's less about the destination than the journey. So, like, guy gets in, and that's great, but the fun is in hearing about their accomplishments, the could-have-beens, and so forth, and that's why HOF talk is so enjoyable to me.

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 29, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
post the davest quotes you got

Meltzer in the 90s ‏@ObserverQuotes 5m5 minutes ago
Shane Douglas claimed he tore his groin in an intense workout with Francine which was meant as a joke (you know, really rough sex). [2/97]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

post the davest quotes you got

Meltzer in the 90s ‏@ObserverQuotes 5m5 minutes ago
Shane Douglas claimed he tore his groin in an intense workout with Francine which was meant as a joke (you know, really rough sex). [2/97]

I'm not sure that can be topped. Jesus, Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fluffdaddy posted:

Buff Bagwell is a terrible interview. Holy poo poo.

what? he was great on Colt's podcast. We got to hear about how he shot his dad.

• Locked thread