Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Should be; regularly 9.99 USD. Might take a little while to propagate the sale to the other stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Unormal posted:

FYI, we've got Sproggiwood 50% off all weekend to match the PC Halloween sale.

I literally just spent my ~$9 of funbux this morning grabbing Rebuild 3 and one of the Kingdom Rush games because after a few months I didn't have enough for Sproggiwood. :negative:

I'll probably still grab it though because I haven't spent real money on games in months and I hear it's dope as heck.

EDIT: Showing US$4.99 as of a couple minutes ago in central US.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh, and here's the link to the open beta for anyone who picks it up: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.freeholdgames.sproggiwood

Has a bunch of nips and tucks;

*New feature: You can swap the compass to the left-hand side of the screen (Settings > Compass Position).
*Added controller support for Phone mode.
*Added controller navigation in Phone mode.
*Improved controller default bindings
*Fixed: When you beat Surma on Savage Mode, you get Easy and Normal stars as well.
*Fixed: Wisps no longer stick on the screen after they've died.
*Fixed: Using Feeeeeeed! with Freezing Fang no longer causes an error.
*Fixed: Feeeeeeed! no longer works on bosses.
*Fixed: Cupid's Bow works properly.
*Fixed: Bizarro monsters don't incorrectly reward XP.
*Fixed: Magic Missle doesn't incorrectly trigger weapon effects multiple times.
*Fixed: Key to the Heart of Gods works only on the first shrine encountered.
*Fixed: Issue with gradual slowdown over time played
*Fixed: Friendly monsters don't correctly wake hostiles
*Reduced memory usage
*Wizard hats fit better
*Android: Added support for immersive mode
*Android: Added keyboard navigation in Phone mode

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Unormal posted:

Should be; regularly 9.99 USD. Might take a little while to propagate the sale to the other stores.

yeah it's showing up now!

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

Or Australia!

It is on sale ($4.99 usd). It's just that the Aus exchange rate is horrible atm.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Popular Japanese cat collecting game Neko Atsume is now available in English.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Oh, cool! I played a lot of that in Japanese, so it'll be interesting to take another look and actually be able to read what the hell is going on.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

mrkillboy posted:

My 6yo daughter thanks you, my phone battery does not

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

mrkillboy posted:

Is it weird that I'm annoyed at my copy autoupdating to the english version? I liked the idea of someone picking up my phone and finding this inscrutable Japanese thing in my games folder.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Unormal posted:

This game is so good btw!

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Wayforward just launched a remake of their old wiiware title, Lit, for both iOS and android. Free to play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wayforward.lit&hl=en

Ah damnit, plays a video ad after every level. This poo poo is terrible. However, if you turn off wifi, you can skip them.

PBnJamo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 31, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I've always wanted to play Lit but I'm not keen on the new art style (and video ads after every level).

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Wasn't the Wii version of Lit in 3D? I think I played the demo.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Yeah, I meant to say remake. it lost a lot of its ambiance, but the puzzles are pretty much the same as I remember them.
Edit: Seems you can just play with your wifi off when you start and it doesn't stop you at all. Never have to see an ad.

PBnJamo fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 31, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the one thing i remember liking was you could aim the wiimote around like a flashlight to see through the darkness. the mobile version looks like the puzzles would be potentially less confusing, but yeah it wouldn't be as spooky or cool without the darkened room aesthetic

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

O__O posted:

This game is so good btw!

Woo, thanks! Let me know if you have any problems.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Unormal posted:

Woo, thanks! Let me know if you have any problems.

Is the difficulty supposed to go up a lot for the second dungeon? I did the tutorial and the first one without dying but have died about 10 times trying to do the second one. Keep getting health worn down and not having a way to replenish it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GTO posted:

Is the difficulty supposed to go up a lot for the second dungeon? I did the tutorial and the first one without dying but have died about 10 times trying to do the second one. Keep getting health worn down and not having a way to replenish it.

Is most of the damage from those goddamned jelly cubes that leave a puddle after they die? :argh:

Ya need some strategery to properly fight those guys.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yes! I think my problem is I've been playing it like zelda rather than like nethack

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is most of the damage from those goddamned jelly cubes that leave a puddle after they die? :argh:

Ya need some strategery to properly fight those guys.

Yeah, I still have trouble with the jelly's. I really like the game, but having to pull the jelly's in to an open space before killing them is probably the least fun part of the game. It's just tedious.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Welp, I've been playing The Walking Dead: No Man's Land for the past couple days. It plays like a simplified x-com with camp building elements. Fun enough in the beginning, the game grinds to a halt as you upgrade your camp and train your survivors. It starts taking more resources and time to do either, and you can't just queue up a bunch of upgrades. You have to do each one manually. You can speed things up with gold, but you probably burn through the gold you earn in game pretty fast. Extra survivor slots start at 100 gold a piece and increases by 50 each time.

In the iOS thread, someone brought up that the bruiser class seems worthless. I agree. I have been rolling with two scouts and a rifle person and that seems optimal. I haven't unlocked handgun guys yet, but if they still alert zombies while giving up range, they don't seem worth it either.

As for tips, in overwatch, if the rifle guys fire, it doesn't alert zombies. Running around blind corners is a bad idea. There can be a lot of dead hiding, and if your movement range put you in a bad spot, you could get surrounded. Rifles are less effective against kevlar zombies, but you can still soften them up with a shot or two and finish them with a scout. There is a cinema where you can watch ads for resources or equipment, but a better use of your ad watching time is the loot screen after missions. You open an additional three loot boxes with one ad, versus one loot box at the cinema.

I did start a guild because you get an achievement for it. Achievements are the best way to get gold in game. I have the guild closed to the public right now. I can open it up, but I don't know how much longer I'll be playing, and I'm not quite sure if I can or have to transfer the guild to someone else if I delete the game. The guild opens up weekly challenges that if you complete give you extra stuff like more radios. The more people in the guild, the faster you earn stuff.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I usually do a Bruiser, a Scout, and a Hunter. The Bruiser doesn't do heavy damage, but they're nice for stuns and blocking off an area since walkers can't move past you. I may get sick of them though since my Scouts can one-shot things, but my only Epic weapon is a Bruiser weapon.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
To me the Bruisers seem only really useful during the campaign missions. I use them to stun higher level armored zombies so a scout can kill them off because you usually can't one shot them like the regular zombies. I usually just roll with the two scouts and a rifle person for the exploration missions, though its not always optimal for the campaign.

Also a tip for the last mission of chapter 2: don't rush.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I like my bruiser and work toward her upgrades first so shes has tougher armor and higher hp. I usually can set her up in the choke point of a map and just let her stun whoever walks up in overwatch. The stunned zombie blocks his pals from surging forward too, so having your rifle guy lining up on multiple zombies and a scout assisting the bruiser I can camp a map until they start rolling out the level 8 walkers which is how I've been farming extra xp.

I'm at a total standstill though because you cant grind levels, so you just do nothing and wait until your farm pops more resources.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Blackchamber posted:

I'm at a total standstill though because you cant grind levels, so you just do nothing and wait until your farm pops more resources.

I'm not sure if you've unlocked chapter 2 yet but replayable exploration missions become available.

edit: oh I just realized you meant character levels :bang:

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 1, 2015

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

I like my bruiser and work toward her upgrades first so shes has tougher armor and higher hp. I usually can set her up in the choke point of a map and just let her stun whoever walks up in overwatch. The stunned zombie blocks his pals from surging forward too, so having your rifle guy lining up on multiple zombies and a scout assisting the bruiser I can camp a map until they start rolling out the level 8 walkers which is how I've been farming extra xp.

This sounds like a good strategy, but seems kinda map specific. I might check it out.

Just finished chapter 3, and the upgrades are getting kinda steep. 17k a piece to upgrade the workshop and the training ground. And as long as the upgrade takes, it seems unfeasible to have two teams in rotation at the recommended levels for missions.

Edit: anybody know what the memorial building does?

crack mayor fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 1, 2015

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Records the names of dead survivors and nothing else.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Ephphatha posted:

dead survivors

Oxymoron detected

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

crack mayor posted:

Welp, I've been playing The Walking Dead: No Man's Land for the past couple days. It plays like a simplified x-com with camp building elements. Fun enough in the beginning, the game grinds to a halt as you upgrade your camp and train your survivors. It starts taking more resources and time to do either, and you can't just queue up a bunch of upgrades. You have to do each one manually. You can speed things up with gold, but you probably burn through the gold you earn in game pretty fast. Extra survivor slots start at 100 gold a piece and increases by 50 each time.

In the iOS thread, someone brought up that the bruiser class seems worthless. I agree. I have been rolling with two scouts and a rifle person and that seems optimal. I haven't unlocked handgun guys yet, but if they still alert zombies while giving up range, they don't seem worth it either.

As for tips, in overwatch, if the rifle guys fire, it doesn't alert zombies. Running around blind corners is a bad idea. There can be a lot of dead hiding, and if your movement range put you in a bad spot, you could get surrounded. Rifles are less effective against kevlar zombies, but you can still soften them up with a shot or two and finish them with a scout. There is a cinema where you can watch ads for resources or equipment, but a better use of your ad watching time is the loot screen after missions. You open an additional three loot boxes with one ad, versus one loot box at the cinema.

I did start a guild because you get an achievement for it. Achievements are the best way to get gold in game. I have the guild closed to the public right now. I can open it up, but I don't know how much longer I'll be playing, and I'm not quite sure if I can or have to transfer the guild to someone else if I delete the game. The guild opens up weekly challenges that if you complete give you extra stuff like more radios. The more people in the guild, the faster you earn stuff.

If you can open it up, I'd gladly join. The game's not half bad.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

crack mayor posted:

This sounds like a good strategy, but seems kinda map specific. I might check it out.

It comes up fairly often, especially when they recycle maps. When there isnt just head for the exit tiles, form a wedge with the bruiser in front and take as many waves as you can. I usually chicken out when I see the 8's over their heads and then just pull back all the way onto the exit tiles and leave.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

It is on sale ($4.99 usd). It's just that the Aus exchange rate is horrible atm.

Ahhh ok. I bit the bullet and got it. Enjoying it so far!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Sproggiwood is really fun but I suck at playing the vampire (or he really sucks).

Enthrall is just a terrible yeti depending on what mob you enthrall and a lot of times for boss fights there aren't any strong guys to thrall so you end up toe to toe with the boss.

Boo.

Enthrall would be much better if it didn't cost hitpoints and stamina, the opportunity cost for seems too high.

Admittedly I haven't played with scarecrow at all so maybe that would help.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Newsman posted:

Sproggiwood is really fun but I suck at playing the vampire (or he really sucks).

I never bother with enthrall. Use the lifesteal with the super and a vamp weapon or fire. Blammo, unstoppable. I found vamp the easiest due to nonstop healing.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Just opened up the guild in The Walking Dead: No Man's Land. The name is walking goons. I'm in as Diaz. I don't know if pubbies can find the guild, and I didn't see anything about invites or requests. So I guess whoever tries to join first will guinea pig it and let us know.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

crack mayor posted:

Just opened up the guild in The Walking Dead: No Man's Land. The name is walking goons. I'm in as Diaz. I don't know if pubbies can find the guild, and I didn't see anything about invites or requests. So I guess whoever tries to join first will guinea pig it and let us know.

Think I've applied. There are 2 guilds called walking goons. One has 18 members so I assume it's the other one ☺

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008

Roid666 posted:

Think I've applied. There are 2 guilds called walking goons. One has 18 members so I assume it's the other one ☺

I don't see anything on my side yet. I'll keep an eye out. I'm stuck on the "lawless" mission in chapter 4. It's really easy to get swarmed. I've tried it with 2 scouts and a hunter and with a bruiser, hunter, and scout. I'm thinking maybe two bruisers and a hunter might work, but I only have one at the moment. So I'll have to recruit one and train it up. It might take a while

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Also saw there was two walking goons, applied to the 1/20 one.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Hey guys/gals, I've been reading the thread in preparation for my Nexus 6P coming in the mail any day now, and my $50 in Play bux along with it. I've got a wishlist going but I noticed that a lot of reviews for Square Enix games mention that they aren't well updated. I get the gist that Chrono Trigger works on Marshmallow, which is great because I never finished that, but what about the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasies? I never played Square games back in the day, and I love oldschool JRPGs, so I was going to buy a bunch of them, but not if they don't work of course. My favorite oldschool JRPG is Phantasy Star 2, so if anyone can give a recommendation similar to that I would appreciate it.

PS- Florida goons (and some Georgia goons?), I got a survey for going to Publix last week. Just a head's up.

Humerus fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 1, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Does that walking dead game need an Internet connection to play? The time I need android games the most is while on the tube with no signal so online only games always sort of defeat the purpose for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Kitchner posted:

Does that walking dead game need an Internet connection to play? The time I need android games the most is while on the tube with no signal so online only games always sort of defeat the purpose for me.

Yup needs connection I'm afraid. Applied to guild again. 3 members this time!