Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

New playing card "?" this cxard spawns 2 items for you. I got a blank card then tried it. I ended up crashing in the cathedral after aquiring about 120 items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
3 dollar bill can now change its effect mid-room

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

IronicDongz posted:

haha

good dlc

edmund is a real class loving act I'll say that much

vv I got steven from the first golden chest I opened

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 30, 2015

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Steven can now be obtained from the Boss Challenge room. :woop:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth - Edmund hates you, can't you see

EDIT: Why has everyone had so much trouble getting Steven? You can always force it to spawn in the Steven boss fight by killing the little Steven first.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

new final boss spoiler ULTRA GREED WHAT THE FUUUCK

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
"Restock! - Never Ending Stores"
So, that'd be fun if I didnt get it in the Chest.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Woo! Top score in the daily challenge! Terrible speed rank, though.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
So it seems Blue Womb is tracked on the Post-It Note (Just unlocks a new co-op baby, maybe? I got Fat Baby from beating it with Isaac but who knows if thats a co-op baby or not)
Also beating Blue Womb unlocks all the new challenges

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't pick up Cricket's Body as Azazel, it now reduces your range to absolute minimum and does nothing else.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Just found a "dice shard" that acts as a consumable (pill/card slot) D6 and D20, and "Glass Cannon" spacebar item with constant recharge that shoots a single gigantic tear.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Continuum tears and cricket's body is absolutely insane, I just sit in the corner of a room and shoot at the wall and the entire room gets filled.

and with that I beat Greed Mode in an absolute breeze, but then ran into midas'd ultra-greed without realising it would end the game and missed out on whatever else there was in that room. anyone else know? I guess I'll have to beat it again. That boss fight looks like hell on most setups though wow.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 30, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

This item is called "fruit cake". It's like 3 dollar bill, except instead of giving you a random tear effect each room, every single tear is random.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

legoman727 posted:

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth - Edmund hates you, can't you see

EDIT: Why has everyone had so much trouble getting Steven? You can always force it to spawn in the Steven boss fight by killing the little Steven first.

Nope.

Also, Goat head doesn't seem to guarantee devil deals anymore :negative:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

legoman727 posted:

Why has everyone had so much trouble getting Steven? You can always force it to spawn in the Steven boss fight by killing the little Steven first.

That's always been a rumor and makes sense, but I don't think it's ever been the case in any version of Issac.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well just cleared the daily, currently sitting at 61th with 18431 points, and wondering how in the hell someone got almost 33k points for first place.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I hate the XXXXXXXXXXXL challenge

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

So glad that dumb poo poo like this can still happen. I spent five minutes waiting for those assholes to meander out of there.

Your Computer posted:

Before, you just resized your window. I guess they "fixed" that :negative:

e: INFESTED!

This actually never worked for me. If you want it back, go into the BoI Afterbirth folder in My Games and edit the Options folder in a text editor. Set "Max Scale" to a lower number. I put mine at 3 and it is just like I remember it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Did they change what the post-it completion symbols mean for the update? I think my characters have less symbols marked than they should, I'm missing the negative on a few. And Lilith started with a bunch marked already.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
holy poo poo the item that changes everything into bags

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Blue Bomber challenge is Blue Baby with Kamakazi, Mr. Mega, and Pyromaniac. Nice to see them keeping up the tradition of "some challenges being total bullshit and some being incredibly easy."

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I don't remember the name of the item but its like technology but instead it shoots out a ball of electricity, that + brimstone was pretty fun

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
There's a new angel room that just gives you six coins. Fuuuuuuck off Edmund.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I just found an arcade room with a shell game guy and two buttons. One button gave me 20/20 and the other gave a golden poop. I'm starting to like these buttons.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Aww lame, Lilith's starting companion shoots tears at a normal firerate with nothing special (that I can see anyway). They really may as well have just made her able to shoot tears.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So this happened during Boss Rush

Looks like just about every boss appeared during the rush and they mix up the spawn order. It takes longer to beat it.

edit: now with less table breakage

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I picked up Sister Maggy and now I have the Dunce Cap effect for some reason. I donated money into a machine in the treasure room that rerolled the item, but I don't think that was the cause. I have two little heads on the side of my face... I think this is some kind of transformation caused by having three or more familiars.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

After It Lives in the Scarred Womb II there's a new room, don't enter it because it'll crash your game for some reason.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

CJacobs posted:

Aww lame, Lilith's starting companion shoots tears at a normal firerate with nothing special (that I can see anyway). They really may as well have just made her able to shoot tears.

I think she does. I picked up Soy Milk during the daily challenge and they started shooting soy milk.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Bee posted:

I think she does. I picked up Soy Milk during the daily challenge and they started shooting soy milk.

Yeah, the companion takes on whatever tear abilities you would normally have. It's functionally the same, which is disappointing.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Um... Scatter Bombs + Sad Bombs + Brimstone = Bombs which explode into 3 or 4 more bombs, each of which shoot brimstone lasers in every direction. :wow:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, the companion takes on whatever tear abilities you would normally have. It's functionally the same, which is disappointing.

Oh, you meant its a shame that's all the companion does.

I mean, she also has the Friend Box, right? Being able to double your tear output is a very interesting element to her gameplay.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

TopHatGenius posted:

So this happened during Boss Rush

Looks like just about every boss appeared during the rush and they mix up the spawn order. It takes longer to beat it.

edit: now with less table breakage

I had a bunch of the new bosses mixed in with a couple of old ones randomly. So much for the old 'breather wave'.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Holy christ, Ultra Greed is a nightmare if you don't have high damage. Didn't even get him down to half his health before he stomped me.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

So glad that dumb poo poo like this can still happen. I spent five minutes waiting for those assholes to meander out of there.

This actually never worked for me. If you want it back, go into the BoI Afterbirth folder in My Games and edit the Options folder in a text editor. Set "Max Scale" to a lower number. I put mine at 3 and it is just like I remember it.

Oh, thanks! :3:

Speaking of "gently caress you, Ed" moments, I got double trouble Rag Man on the first floor. They spawned 8+ spiders that each took about 10 hits to kill, so they kept spawning them and I literally had no way of winning. At least the run ended quick :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Bee posted:

Oh, you meant its a shame that's all the companion does.

I mean, she also has the Friend Box, right? Being able to double your tear output is a very interesting element to her gameplay.

She doesn't have the friend box. I guess they went back on that decision because she doesn't start with any items at all.

edit: Or maybe you have to unlock it so that she starts with it, I dunno.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Pwnstar posted:

Did they change what the post-it completion symbols mean for the update? I think my characters have less symbols marked than they should, I'm missing the negative on a few. And Lilith started with a bunch marked already.

I'm having the same problem. it's poo poo and I really don't want to go through the dark room with the lost again

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Sartorius posted:

I hate the XXXXXXXXXXXL challenge

Oh that is just dire...

Ed you magnificent bastard.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Devil Room mechanics have been changed to the better: if you spend your last red heart on an item, the rest of them can be purchased with soul hearts.

Hell. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hylianbunny
Dec 31, 2007

TG: oh ok time travels involved
TG: thats all you needed to say everythings cool and under control then

Oberleutnant posted:

Um... Scatter Bombs + Sad Bombs + Brimstone = Bombs which explode into 3 or 4 more bombs, each of which shoot brimstone lasers in every direction. :wow:

On a related note, Scatter Bombs + Glitter Bombs (I think that's the name, they're the ones that spawn items on exploding) mean you never run out of anything, ever.