Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

hey guys, what are your thoughts on whether or not i should start a new file for the expansion

asking for a friend

I didn't start a new file and I've been getting boatloads of new items. I wouldn't bother.

e: it feels like an entirely new game even if I'm playing on a RPG file, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I didn't start a new file and I've been getting boatloads of new items. I wouldn't bother.

thank you friend, i will do this thing

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ok, now that's just cruel.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Eonwe posted:

do you guys think it would be more fun if I started a new file to go along with the expansion?

there's enough content added with this that it wont matter. it'll still be the same kind of fresh BoI experience where you don't know a good chunk of the enemies you're going up against or have any idea as to what the items you're picking up will do.

e:

Eonwe posted:

thank you friend, i will do this thing
Good.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This completion page bug is really annoying. I have True Platinum and it thinks I'm missing Chest clears on most characters :confused:

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
So Mom's Knife on Lilith is kind of garbage. Great.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Scarred Womb is pretty freaky.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well the Speed! challenge actually makes the butterbean item useful if it's your first item, otherwise some rooms you can't keep ahead of anything.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

God the game dropped while I was at work (still am for an hour) and I'm so hyped for this.

Your Computer posted:

e: it feels like an entirely new game even if I'm playing on a RPG file, is what I'm saying.

Yeah I'm definitely going through my Real Platinum God file first, I tuned into CobaltStreak's stream just as he started fighting Hush and I'm excited for the new bosses.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I can't loving launch this stupid loving game after the afterbirth update came out god dammit

Already restarted steam, reinstalled the whole game, and rebooted my computer, and deleted all the information in My Games/BOI:R and BOI:A

gently caress

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Wait...the number of times you can attempt a daily run is limited?!?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

starry skies above posted:

Per day you mean? Yes, that's the point of a daily run. You get limited shots at it and a new one happens every day.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

starry skies above posted:

You can still 'practice' it though, to see how far you'd get if you didn't die, or to see how different things could be with dice or devil deals or whatever.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I broke Greed Mode.

Turns out getting a portable blood donation machine + fanny pack + patience (or the new pay to win item) eventually leads to you being able to buy things indefinitely.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Guys I wasn't kidding when I said you can get really tiny. My hitbox is a couple of pixels at this point.

e:
I keep shrinking

When I get hit he just squeaks, it's so high pitched.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 30, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Spergminer posted:

After It Lives in the Scarred Womb II there's a new room, don't enter it because it'll crash your game for some reason.
I got the room I think you're talking about, but it was Mom's Heart still and not Scarred Womb. I think it may be for reaching there fast enough like boss rush?

Anyways it didn't crash for me, it's a new(secret?) boss fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXkLwuQC0g
I loving love this boss's bullet patterns, they're super fun. I had like no damage though

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
A new item called PJs appeared as a boss room item and Isaac ends up wearing footie pajamas :3:

afaik all it does is give you three soul hearts

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

My official review: new bonus bosses have absurdly way too much HP, completion bug is irritating, but overall the new stuff is great. Greed mode is actually pretty fun.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

God drat I forgot this came out today but I have to play a concert and do all this other fun stuff instead so I'm not to torn up about it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I started up Greed mode as Azazel, got Polyphemous and then Steam Sale. And then three Guppy items in a row, followed by Triple Shot, and every spider and fly item except for Hive Mind. And I still felt like the final boss of Greed mode took forever.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Sartorius posted:

I got the "directed Tears" item like three times (forgot the name, it looks like a red cross in a red circle). Any idea what it does, I cant seem to figure it out?
Tractor beam? I think that makes your tears fly towards the beam of light that shines out of Isaac. Doesn't seem too useful.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL was tedious but at least I had placebo+tears up+9 volt to gradually become really overpowered.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Day 3: Picking up coins have become... difficult.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Einwand posted:

Well just cleared the daily, currently sitting at 61th with 18431 points, and wondering how in the hell someone got almost 33k points for first place.

Well I was the one at the top of the leaderboard when you said that. I took my time and was super thorough with getting all the consumables and exploring all the rooms I could. I also ended up getting a blank card and the rune of passage (forget the exact name), so I was able to get to Satan.

No clue how the current leader got almost twice my score, though.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
im so fuckign bad at this game

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's a shame Blue Womb crashes the game most of the time. Guess I'll beat it with someone other than Isaac another time. :shrug:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Some of these new challenges are absurd. I have no idea how you're supposed to beat The Guardian without some absolutely amazing luck with room setups.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
I beat Greed with Azazel as the very first thing. It did ELEVEN (11) achievements somehow. What the crap.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Don't pick up 20/20 or triple shot or quad in the onan's streak challenge. You take damage if either of those misses :p

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alabaster White posted:

My official review: new bonus bosses have absurdly way too much HP, completion bug is irritating, but overall the new stuff is great. Greed mode is actually pretty fun.
I'm actually really glad they have as much HP as they do because it means that having really high damage means something and having decent luck doesn't mean you roll over every boss in the game

2nd try at hush, was close but worked out because I actually had damage this time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVv_5Z5Z8gw

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Did you ever consider that maybe it's not actually a bug that certain completion events haven't 'taken' maybe because there might be something new there?

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Wait daily challenges natural progression just ends at Mom's foot (barring items or whatever)? That is so incredibly lame, it's almost unbelievable to me they would poo poo on daily challenges so hard. What the hell is the point of that? That's so stupid.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

So It Goes posted:

Wait daily challenges natural progression just ends at Mom's foot (barring items or whatever)? That is so incredibly lame, it's almost unbelievable to me they would poo poo on daily challenges so hard. What the hell is the point of that? That's so stupid.

they don't always stop at mom, chill out

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

So It Goes posted:

source your quotes

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The XXXXXXXL challenge took for-loving-ever. Used the cheap orbitals + that invincible statue item for a few tougher things at the end. Found a few neat and a few enigmatic items.

Nightlight! Very cool. Beam of light in the direction your body is facing which slows enemies/shots in its path. Holding it onto an enemy for longer seemed to increase the time they were slowed if you moved it away. Maybe 45 degrees wide? Not overpowered whilst still being pretty useful. Had it for pretty much the entire of the challenge.

An item just called CHAOS, description: !!! (No idea what this did)

Jar of flies, which I think both gradually recharged and also whenever I killed anything. Could hold 20 flies to be dumped out at once.

A trinket which causes all the crossed rocks to shine occasionally.

Prize bombs, which were big and pink. I'm not 100% what they did. Maybe caused things to drop coins or sometimes applied the charm effect to things it didn't kill? Had a lot of clashing effects by now.

Stud finder, no clue what it did whilst I had it.

The only problem is by the end of it I had no idea what items were doing what, I was getting doubled pickups, doubled effects from pickups, double choices in treasure rooms.

The weirdest thing was a purple knife which just trailed behind me, couldn't aim or fire it. No clue when I picked it up either.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 30, 2015

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
The blue plunger item is absurd. It's Tammy's Head, but for every tear you have onscreen. And it's still only a one room charge.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, anyone know what pay to win does? I've seen it a couple times, but no idea what it does.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Wow gently caress that room with the spitting heads where you have to press the two buttons to stop them

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Krampus with rotating brimstone was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
the new early boss track is grating on me already, it seems way more repetitive than most of the music