Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Baloogan posted:

this man here really knows whats right for black people

and acceptable opinions for black people

gently caress off

Arguing with opinions and making assumptions about peoples race is a valuable use of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jeb can fix it?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

radical meme posted:

Did it even occur to them that dressing in all black might make them look a little SS-ish?

That's an awfully long stretch, even for this forum.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Arguing with opinions and making assumptions about peoples race is a valuable use of your time.

only thing I assumed was that you are a 'man'.

I'm not arguing with your opinion, I'm just pointing out that you are a retard, regardless of your gender or race, you are a retard.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
You see, liberals are the real racists

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm fine leaving it there if you are. Feel free if not.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUu6Y5_xysQ

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Boosted_C5 posted:

Chris Christie could be an alternative.

I don't get why the GOP is making such a big deal out of his sins like bridge-gate. Are you kidding me? Guy won't be running in a vacuum, he'll be running against a grating habitual liar with WAY worse skeletons in her closet, and against the record of an out-and-out criminal administration that has made bridge gate look like nothing with their political abuse via the IRS and the Justice Department.

I like how republicans repeatedly accuse Clinton of trumped up bullshit, convince themselves that "where there's smoke there's fire!" decide she's "shady" and "has skeletons in her closet," and use this as the basis of further accusations. They've done this so much nobody outside the bubble gives a poo poo any more. She could probably have a few people secretly killed and get away with it because people would just assume it's just another bullshit smear campaign and tune it out.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

I have no idea. If they don't include it that's some real clear shenanigans on RCP's end, and I hope they get called out on it.

IBD/TIPP last 3 polls:
8/31/2015: Trump 17% (leads)
10/2/2015: Trump 17% (down 7% to Carson)
10/30/2015: Trump 28% (leads)

Only the 10/2/2015 is in the RCP average. Maybe there are some kind of requirements that aren't listed by RCP.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Leon was running Jeb!'s campaign he'd be leading the polls.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Also I can't believe Jeb! actually rebranded his slogan to "Jeb can fix it!" Not only is it a pathetic, low-energy rip-off of Trump's "Make America Great Again," they also somehow missed the alternative interpretation of "it" referring to his flailing campaign, and in the process only intensified the narrative that the campaign is in trouble and in need of fixing. That's on top of the fact that a rebranding would already be seen as a desperate attempt to save a faltering campaign in the first place. What a bone-headed move.

Edit: In all seriousness: it connotes failure.

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 31, 2015

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Am I wrong or is bridgegate like Fiorina's HP? Like....we're letting you run because you have the money and brain problems needed to do so, but you're walking around with an off switch that's readily available to anyone who really needs to.

At least with Christie there isnt an ad out there already proven to flip it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Mitt Romney posted:

IBD/TIPP last 3 polls:
8/31/2015: Trump 17% (leads)
10/2/2015: Trump 17% (down 7% to Carson)
10/30/2015: Trump 28% (leads)

Only the 10/2/2015 is in the RCP average. Maybe there are some kind of requirements that aren't listed by RCP.

Seems fishy to me, but you could be right. Still, would like to see someone call them out on this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

HappyHippo posted:

I like how republicans repeatedly accuse Clinton of trumped up bullshit, convince themselves that "where there's smoke there's fire!" decide she's "shady" and "has skeletons in her closet," and use this as the basis of further accusations. They've done this so much nobody outside the bubble gives a poo poo any more. She could probably have a few people secretly killed and get away with it because people would just assume it's just another bullshit smear campaign and tune it out.

Using the sample size of 1 moderate, my dad, people do believe she's shady. But no one I talk to think the Republicans are onto anything. Only that hil-dog seems scummy.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Am I wrong or is bridgegate like Fiorina's HP? Like....we're letting you run because you have the money and brain problems needed to do so, but you're walking around with an off switch that's readily available to anyone who really needs to.

You're assuming that people will look at bridgegate as a negative. If it becomes an issue, all Christie needs to do is bluster on about he was standing up for what he believed in and sticking it to those dirty, no-good liberals or something. This is the Republican primary we're talking about here, remember...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
For what it's worth, an Arizona poll from MBQF. Arizona is a very late voting state (March 22) so this is pretty much meaningless, but I thought you'd be interested anyway.

Carson 26
Trump 25
Cruz/Rubio 15
Jeb! 7
Fiorina 4
Kasich/Christie 3
Huckabee/Paul1

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao throw in some mob connections and Christie would be a living avatar of New Jersey politics. Bridgegate is a drop in the bucket, he used the hurricane sandy relief money to force districts to allow a property developer to build condos. My personal favorite was him using 9/11 memoribilia as personal gifts to his big donors, bet the base would love that one.

He's absolutely unelectable, Hillary's campaign would roast him like a suckling pig.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pathetic little tramp posted:

That's actually a good place to visit, I'm not gonna call that ghoulish. Is that wreath always there?

But as long as we're talking about Ben Carson, whoever said we were in the scrutiny phase of "Rise-->Scrutiny-->Fall" wasn't kidding.

Check out this fuckin scrutiny:

http://thedailybanter.com/2015/10/here-are-7-crazy-things-ben-carson-said-in-one-speech-to-quack-mannatech-group/

If anyone thinks the bolded quote will hurt his poll numbers, you don't know what kinds of phrases resonate with evangelicals.

Okay now, combine that with being a glyconutrient conman and someone "mysteriously" dumb but smart enough to say offensive things that make liberals mad, who was a neurosurgeon, and what sort of possibilities start to emerge? I honestly think he doesn't believe any of the religious stuff, or the politics he espouses. High pressure jobs like surgery (probably more so for brain surgery) and CEOs attract far more psychopaths than is found in the general population. I'm not saying it'd be useful politically, but just consider a neurosurgeon with a history of violence and obsession with knives, a medical school graduate caught hawking glyconutients to people with compromised immune systems, from the world of the televangelists...challenging Trump via saying abortion is like slavery and Obamacare is like slavery because he knows a black man saying that will make the base feel good...he himself admits to a personality disorder, it certainly doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility, I think we're just lucky he's also really uninformed about almost all of the actual details.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

PT6A posted:

You're assuming that people will look at bridgegate as a negative. If it becomes an issue, all Christie needs to do is bluster on about he was standing up for what he believed in and sticking it to those dirty, no-good liberals or something. This is the Republican primary we're talking about here, remember...

He already denied knowing about it. I'm not expecting anyone on the campaign trail to do a hardy boys and find new evidence or anything, but it was my understanding that at least two of his staffers rolled on the rest and said everyone up to his right hand man was in on it.

Even if you can swallow that you're still looking at a guy who was so asleep at the wheel he had no idea his own office was shutting down the GW for personal reasons.

And it's not like this is wonky stuff. It's all on record and ready to become a great attack ad where you imply he knew the whole time.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Ben Carson's campaign made a detour today.

are you fuckin for real with this poo poo Benjamin

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Never not funny.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

gently caress that character shits me so much. Why didn't they have him wearing a big gold chain and eating watermelon too? Oh yes and his surname is Black, how hilarious.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

TheTatteredKing posted:

Using the sample size of 1 moderate, my dad, people do believe she's shady. But no one I talk to think the Republicans are onto anything. Only that hil-dog seems scummy.

Using that sample size Hillary would win Utah in a landslide. One of the most conservative Mormon friends of mine who is pretty attached to the Republican Party here said he'd rather vote for Hillary than Trump or Carson.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Christie is also fat as gently caress and hugged B-rock the Islamic Shock that one time so his candidacy is a joke on every level.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Chrpno posted:

gently caress that character shits me so much. Why didn't they have him wearing a big gold chain and eating watermelon too? Oh yes and his surname is Black, how hilarious.

He isn't one of the Blacks.
That's JB Smoove and that's his general demeanor when he does stand-up, too. He plays Wanda's boyfriend.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

Only the birther types really believe that she's the crime boss the Republicans try to make her out to be but, "shady", don't you think a good number of Democrats and Independents also think she's shady? I mean seriously how is she not shady? Just because she's shady and also unfairly smeared?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Joementum posted:

I don't think Mitt Romney changed significantly between 2008 and 2012.

What are you talking about? Android went from 1.0 to Jelly Bean in that time :colbert:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Baloogan posted:

only thing I assumed was that you are a 'man'.

I'm not arguing with your opinion, I'm just pointing out that you are a retard, regardless of your gender or race, you are a retard.

gently caress out of here with your self-righteous bullshit and feigned outrage. He never suggested black people should think or feel a certain way, just that it's odd for a man to visit a historical site associated with a man who had a drastically different worldview just because they are both black and involved in politics, especially when they'd completely disagree on the causes of the problems facing the black community. Like Carson can do whatever he wants, but I have no idea why he'd want to be associated with MLK beyond the symbolic figure he's become in American popular culture. And recreating the photo strikes me as disrespectful and something dumbshit college students would do on a road trip but I don't want to be called a racist so I guess it's cool.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mr. mephistopheles posted:

gently caress out of here with your self-righteous bullshit and feigned outrage. He never suggested black people should think or feel a certain way, just that it's odd for a man to visit a historical site associated with a man who had a drastically different worldview just because they are both black and involved in politics, especially when they'd completely disagree on the causes of the problems facing the black community. Like Carson can do whatever he wants, but I have no idea why he'd want to be associated with MLK beyond the symbolic figure he's become in American popular culture. And recreating the photo strikes me as disrespectful and something dumbshit college students would do on a road trip but I don't want to be called a racist so I guess it's cool.

I know you people dislike the label 'retard' but whatever label we come up next for you will be the impolite term in 5 years time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He's Loretta's brother on the show so he is one of the Black's. He just doesn't move in with them initially because he wasn't in Katrina.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HappyHippo posted:

Also I can't believe Jeb! actually rebranded his slogan to "Jeb can fix it!" Not only is it a pathetic, low-energy rip-off of Trump's "Make America Great Again," they also somehow missed the alternative interpretation of "it" referring to his flailing campaign, and in the process only intensified the narrative that the campaign is in trouble and in need of fixing. That's on top of the fact that a rebranding would already be seen as a desperate attempt to save a faltering campaign in the first place. What a bone-headed move.

Edit: In all seriousness: it connotes failure.

It actually connotes voting fraud, the only way forward for the GOP.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

I know you people dislike the label 'retard' but whatever label we come up next for you will be the impolite term in 5 years time.

A guy defending Dr. Ben calling someone else a retard

:ironicat:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Joementum posted:

Never not funny.

What is with this man's never ending war against professional looking footwear?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Chrpno posted:

Sorry but if you don't like JB Smoove in Curb, you're the real racist

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Who is the laziest GOP primary candidate; Marco Rubio or Rand Paul?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Who is the laziest GOP primary candidate; Marco Rubio or Rand Paul?

Jim Gilmore

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

pathetic little tramp posted:

Drop out probabilities according to Forbes.

So likely to drop out, Graham is not even listed. :lol:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Jim Gilmore

Hey he got verified on Twitter today! That's no cakewalk.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It's that time again! (I've been putting this off since Tuesday, tbh)

Housekeeping note: I moved the first day the average tracks from April 1st to May 1st because the graph was getting too long.

This graph contains no post-debate polls. Tuesday marked the 100th consecutive day of Trump leading the RCP averages. Jeb! Bush's average of 6.8 is a record low for him. He is, again, below Ron Paul. This also marks the absolute high point of Herman Cain in 2012 cycle. I don't have much to say. Terse simple declarative sentences are enough today.

Will Carson eclipse Trump? Stay tuned for post-debate polling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

One of Jeb!'s biggest donors, Paul Singer, is bailing on him to go with Rubio. I figure this will start the floodgates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/u...v=top-news&_r=0

• Locked thread