Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Somehow I hosed up like 3 straight Blue Bomber challenge attempts (one by using a D6 room and losing Suicide Bomber) but I completed Onan's Streak the first time through. Flat Worm makes it pretty forgiving hitbox-wise.

Also I tried my first Lilith run and got my first Multidimensional Baby, I wish Box of Friends doubled him up too but I guess double stacking them would be insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Cain's Ultra Greed unlock is hilarious, it makes tears that shoots tears.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

Somehow I hosed up like 3 straight Blue Bomber challenge attempts (one by using a D6 room and losing Suicide Bomber) but I completed Onan's Streak the first time through. Flat Worm makes it pretty forgiving hitbox-wise.

Also I tried my first Lilith run and got my first Multidimensional Baby, I wish Box of Friends doubled him up too but I guess double stacking them would be insane.

Sometimes the game just wants you to win. First attempt at BB the game gave me Judas' Shadow in the B2 devil room. Totally counted it, too.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
So is the post it completion bug just cosmetic? It doesn't actually affect unlocks right?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Atomicated posted:

So is the post it completion bug just cosmetic? It doesn't actually affect unlocks right?

I still have all my unlocks.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Double battery charges + double battery usage + item martyr made for some fun fight with these knife wielding familiars. After taking 7 hearts of damage I just stood there with gnawed leaf and let him kill himself.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I like Lilith, she has some nice interactions with stuff you normally wouldn't think of. A 48 hours energy pill on her is at the very least "quadruple your damage output on a run". I had Brimstone, a 2 pieces Meat Boy, both of the attack flies, Lil'Haunt and Lil'Chubby. ??? lasted 20 seconds.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Double Steam Sales reduces prices to zero now. Here's what I ended up looking like after standing on an item spawn on a greed run for 5 minutes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh is it no longer possible to use a mouse for aiming?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
In a Lilith greed run I got a ton of familiars using the piggybank + IV bag. Having two many familiars fucks things up and any you have over the limit just vanish, but because of how it seems to handle copying them the only ones that remain are the ones closest to you on your familiar tail, which is generally going to be one kind if you've been abusing her spacebar item.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So did they do anything to make Angel Rooms more appealing over Devil Rooms? The six coin room is just :psyduck:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Something stupid happened so I made a video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIE4GXYRk0Y

I eventually died because I couldn't see the enemies

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Greed Mode is really fun and the boss is amazing. I collected a bunch of items that I have no idea what they do though, like PJs.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Color Printer posted:

Greed Mode is really fun and the boss is amazing. I collected a bunch of items that I have no idea what they do though, like PJs.

PJs adds 3-4 blue hearts?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Pretty sure it also gives you full health, got it as Eve and suddenly that run was ruined.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Never pick up the dead cat in greed mode. Got Ultra Greed down to half health on one of those attempts :negative:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

watho posted:

Pretty sure it also gives you full health, got it as Eve and suddenly that run was ruined.

Yup, 4 blue hearts and full red health. Outside of Eve/WoB runs it's pretty amazing.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Jusupov posted:

PJs adds 3-4 blue hearts?

I had 11 hearts, so all I knew was "gives you at least 1 soul heart". :v: Didn't notice the full health effect though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I like Greed Mode, but I feel like there's suppose to be a push your luck style of gameplay that is isn't quite capturing. It feels like they intended for you to hit the button more often to not get swarmed, but I don't think I've ever intentionally hit the the button to stop early. Admittedly, it's a difficult thing to balance properly, but they could remove the option to press the button during waves and I think most people would see it as making Greed Mode easier, which suggests something isn't tuned right.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Yeah, PJs appears to be a heal and a pile of soul hearts.

Getting the IV Bag is really just an instant win. Double so with Lilith, my screen was just a nice yellow glow for the whole of the Ultra Greed fight.

And as I had Sad Bombs, the bomber man explode in a line and the spawn minibombs items using a bomb made it crash because of too many particle effects or something :saddowns:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Has anyone else crashed the game popping Book of Belial on Ultra Greed?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you were wondering, they fixed the Alt+F4 exploit, so no more easy Lost wins!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Love the new fakeout bosses. There's a version of Pin where you hit him a couple times to make his flesh fall off and you're like "Was that it?" until his skeletal form pops up and starts firing Brimstone at you. Same with the Hush.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Don't enter the secret room in GREED MODE. I've been trapped in twice now!

Where is it? I picked up the Spelunker's hat from a greed mode treasure room and didn't see any secret room appear anywhere.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm playing today's daily challenge. I hope the paper bag mask is always this awesome and it's not just a Halloween gimmick. Goody bags randomly replacing almost anything, including coins from the blood bank, and so many cards and batteries in them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

IMJack posted:

I'm playing today's daily challenge. I hope the paper bag mask is always this awesome and it's not just a Halloween gimmick. Goody bags randomly replacing almost anything, including coins from the blood bank, and so many cards and batteries in them.

Yeah, Paper Bag increases the spawn rate of the Goody Bags . It's great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
gently caress Ragman.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Lilith with Bob's Brain is amazing. Hell, Lilith with just about everything is amazing. Especially in Greed mode.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I have to know: does Car Battery work on Diplopia

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Finally had a chance to sit down and play, loving it so far. Started a new save and already had the 1-up and Steven twice.

Wondering how people make such high scores at the Daily Challenge. My score today wound up being 0 since my laptop decided to reboot halfway through :(

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

The Book of Belail no longer forces devil rooms.

Also the voice when taking pills/using cars is really funny to me.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Haha gently caress - Monstro's Lung + Technology makes you fire 6 lasers in random directions every second. I didn't have good enough damage to make it worthwhile but I can see that having some good interactions.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

The Book of Belail no longer forces devil rooms.

Also the voice when taking pills/using cars is really funny to me.

Yeah, it's just a 17.5% increase now. :( At least Goat Head still forces them.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lump of coal works with brimstone now.

Lump of coal/guppy/brimstone still takes a long time to kill the last boss at the end of greed mode. I'm starting to wonder whether there's something to that idea that his HP scales with your dps.

What does host hat do? Is it like fly love for hosts?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

...So Lilith is kinda ridiculous, huh?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Any good recommendations for starting items to restart grind for the Speed! challenge? I've had exactly one decent run where I made it to Womb 1 and discovered there's a 16 minute time limit too :zombie:

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Haha gently caress - Monstro's Lung + Technology makes you fire 6 lasers in random directions every second. I didn't have good enough damage to make it worthwhile but I can see that having some good interactions.

I got that, Cancer, and various Tears Up and Damage Ups on my first Afterbirth run. It was constantly firing off in random directions like some sort of deadly rave. Its great

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, it's just a 17.5% increase now. :( At least Goat Head still forces them.

Have a source on this?

Currently trying to look at the code for devil rooms. Seems the Black Candle got a huge buff in that regard, because if i read this right, it now increases your DR chance by 200%.
/edit: Did, in fact, not read this right, it was a double and not a single float. So the chance is still +15%.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 31, 2015

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
So as someone who started a whole new save for Afterbirth, does anyone have any idea if The Lost is still unlocked with the same bullshit shenanigans as before? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Re: Book of Belial.

it's even worse, Book of Belial now gives you a +12.5% chance for a devil room. The +17.5% chance belongs to the Book of Revelations, actually.

So yeah, if you want devil deals, look for that Black Candle.