Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munin
Nov 14, 2004

trem_two posted:

This Genoa situation...

welp

The reason for the lack of certification is becoming clearer by the day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Soulex posted:

This is a cool stat:

We have now had 99 Serie A games this season and only two ended 0-0.

boring league, yawn city

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Soulex posted:

This is a cool stat:

We have now had 99 Serie A games this season and only two ended 0-0.

Brera is turning so hard in his grave

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juve are officially melting down. The entire team has been sequestered in a training retreat until the derby this weekend.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

Juve are officially melting down. The entire team has been sequestered in a training retreat until the derby this weekend.

I was reading about this. Apparently Buffon and Allegri freaked out in the locker room due to attitude. They are the first team on the table with a positive goal difference (12th). Milan is also incidentally the highest placed team with a negative goal difference (8th).

Kalinic is looking like every bit the striker I EXPECTED from Gomez. He's doing absolutely amazing for the most part, and is really good at getting these weird first touches that always work out for him. And working into space.

Also Grats to Roma on the scudetto. I have a feeling that if Roma does get it I'm sure Totti will finally retire. It'd be the perfect way to bow out. Besides a CL win, but that's not gonna happen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Does this ever work for anyone? It's happened at Milan under Inzaghi (and probably Allegri) and I know Napoli and Inter have done it as well. Nothing ever improves, though I guess it prevents player public insanity.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Does this ever work for anyone? It's happened at Milan under Inzaghi (and probably Allegri) and I know Napoli and Inter have done it as well. Nothing ever improves, though I guess it prevents player public insanity.

It's mostly pr I suppose.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Or violent fans

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Soulex posted:

Kalinic is looking like every bit the striker I EXPECTED from Gomez. He's doing absolutely amazing for the most part, and is really good at getting these weird first touches that always work out for him. And working into space.

i was meaning to ask about kalinic actually i looked and he seems to be doing well, does he actually play well or has he just got some goals?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

poo poo Farm posted:

i was meaning to ask about kalinic actually i looked and he seems to be doing well, does he actually play well or has he just got some goals?

He's pretty good, lots of chances and he gets in to the right spaces. He's not scoring them in off his rear end or anything.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Zamparini is at it again

quote:

Iacchini deserves to be kicked in the rear end. It seems like the team is just waiting to concede goals, if you start with this mindset I might as well just save the transfer funds.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Zamparini is at it again

He's gone soft, a few years ago this would have been a firing instead of a public admonishment.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

He's gone soft, a few years ago this would have been a firing instead of a public admonishment.

Yeah that is true, he's getting complacent in his old age

Also I figure some of you guys don't read the MLS threads, and drog made this and I can't stop laughing

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I hope he at least has fun trick or treating, since his team let him down.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Football Italia has a super good article on the state of Florence. I'll post it here for the lazy, but it's getting worse with ADV and the fans.

quote:

After sitting at the top of Serie A for three weeks, Fiorentina faced two consecutive games that would test their credentials as potential title contenders. The first, away to Napoli ended in a 2-1 defeat but when Roma were the visitors at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, hopes were high – especially as Fiorentina had not conceded a league goal at home all season.

Sitting in the Curva Fissile as part of the sell-out crowd last Sunday evening, the view was of a sea of purple flags, banners and scarves. The support for the Viola - and the booing of the returning Mohammed Salah - was deafening. Even in defeat, the players exited the pitch to rapturous applause.

Despite this, there is still an undercurrent of unrest and dissatisfaction towards club owners Andrea and Diego Della Valle. To some extent, this may have been masked by endeavours on the field, but the feeling amongst the supporters remains.

There are a number of people who have been season ticket holders for many years at the Franchi, who this year have vowed to only follow their team away from home. This is their way of personally protesting, and avoiding putting any more of their money into the pockets of the Della Valle brothers. Talking to these fans, there’s a sense that their non-renewal is a huge sacrifice, especially given the team’s success under Paulo Sousa.

The voices of discontent had been brewing throughout pre-season with chants and banners like “Per vincere bisogna spendere” - In order to win, there is a need to spend - after the club attempted to balance the books in the summer, reducing the wage bill and making a profit in the transfer market. It would seem that success in Serie A so far this season has kept any large scale protests at bay, but for those who are still opting to stay away from the Franchi, the tensions remain.

During the match with Atalanta, one of Fiorentina’s “lanciacori” (those that turn their back on the game to encourage the crowd), was fined €166 for not taking his place in his allocated seat in the Curva Fiesole, a manifestation of the breakdown between club and fans. Anyone who has been to a match in Florence will realise that no one sits in their allocated seat. This person was singled out and made an example of – no one else was treated the same way. For this reason, the Curva Fiesole released a statement, revealing they had cancelled a magnificent choreography had been planned for the game against Roma in protest of this issue.

For those who have chosen to stay away from the Franchi, the issue is about how the ownership treat the loyal fans of the club. Referred to as ‘clients’ rather than supporters by the club, they feel that their support of the team is not properly recognised as the owners move the team away from the people. There have long been calls for open training sessions hosted in the stadium. This issue has partially addressed by the ownership, with a session organised at the beginning of the season, however there is still a long way to go before appeasement is reached. In the past, there had been players sent to various supporters club events but the fact that this no longer happens is another indication of the distance between the ownership and the fans of the club.

At the heart of this issue is whether the club as a whole belongs to its owners or to the fans – as without them, there would be no club to support.

From this end, I totally see it. Especially when you consider the training camp bullshit and giving a fine to the Ultra leading the chants. And I'd hate to be referred to as a "client" if I was there.

Yeah, football is a business. No doubt. But there is definitely a disconnect with the people upstairs. More money for players will always be great, but I'd rather have a stadium, and focus on youth players who want to stick around.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Soulex posted:

From this end, I totally see it. Especially when you consider the training camp bullshit and giving a fine to the Ultra leading the chants. And I'd hate to be referred to as a "client" if I was there.

Yeah, football is a business. No doubt. But there is definitely a disconnect with the people upstairs. More money for players will always be great, but I'd rather have a stadium, and focus on youth players who want to stick around.

Given the financial mess so many Italian clubs are in I'd have thought fans would have a bit more sympathy with the idea of keeping clubs on a sound financial footing.

That said, I totally agree with you that all the stuff mentioned at the end sounds like some really stupid moves from the people who run the club. gently caress, I work in advertising and there you have all sorts of businesses who want their "clients" to be "brand advocates" (barf) instead and there you have a business who have customers who see their brand as an essential part of their identity and what do they do? Piss on it.

It is really amusing when people take on some of the jargon and trappings of "serious businesses" but totally miss the point of what is actually important. Cargo Cult company management.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Very pessimistic/demoralized going into this derby.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hernanes is a fraud, Inter swindled Juve on that one

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Khedira is crocked, well I never

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
phwoar Pogba, finally

nice dummy by Dybala too

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Phwoar Pogba, that was brilliant

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The trajectory of that shot was nuts

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Quagliarella should've scored there, shameful finish.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Quagliarella should've scored there, shameful finish.

Yeah I was shocked to see that it didn't go in

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

torino will win this 2-2

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
drat, Dybala should've put that on target at least

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Khedira's injury has been Allegri's winning move so far.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Khedira's injury has been Allegri's winning move so far.

Imagine if he had played Dybala from the start.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
jesus christ wtf was that defending

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

Imagine if he had played Dybala from the start.

Why the gently caress isn't he playing all the time forever, if he was gonna be benched he shoulda stayed at Palermo and dragged us up above the shitehole we're in.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

silvergoose posted:

Why the gently caress isn't he playing all the time forever, if he was gonna be benched he shoulda stayed at Palermo and dragged us up above the shitehole we're in.

Sorry, he's got to bring Juve out of their shithole.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
welp

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Well he is now, even Allegri isn't that stupid.

Also that was a great finish

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Also lol at Maxi unable to put it in even while celebrating.

E: Goal by Buffon

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thassa good save

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I don't really get the announcers giving Buffon grief for that goal. It was a loving screamer through a mass of bodies and he still got a fingertip to it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hernanes :ughh:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He has been shockingly bad

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He has been shockingly bad

Pretty sure he's incapable of completing a forward pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Buffon almost carrying the ball into goal, Cuadrado doing backheels to Torino players in his own area. Cool stuff for sure.

• Locked thread