Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

thebardyspoon posted:

I imagine if it is true then it'll be something you unlock a little bit into the game. Either because there'll be some sort of material required that'll be quite rare or it's just something you unlock through progression in the main quest or something.

The way to access the vertabird is to find the parts and do a fixer upper on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Daztek posted:

The only thing I want to know is if that Prima guide screw up about craftable vehicles is true or not.
I don't recall any screw-up, only them speculating about whether you could build a house then drive it around.

Some people decided to take that as gospel.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Archonex posted:

So real talk, why the gently caress have I heard barely nothing about this? It's loving Fallout and a Bethesda game. Skyrim was hyped to poo poo and had ads and articles touting how insanely good it was all but being blared 24/7 from the top of a mountain for months.

I keep seeing people saying this, as if they didn't sell as many pre-orders as the disc pressing factory can pump out by doing nothing more than confirming the game's existence.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Inverness posted:

Also, I assume that red marker on the HP bar is crippled health indicator?

It's probably like Fallout Shelter where Radiation lowers your max health.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

TontoCorazon posted:

I think it's the new radiation penalty.

Yep, as you gain rads your maximum health decreases. There will probably be other effects as it increases.

I'm too lazy to quote the thing about vehicles, the post claimed the game has drivable houses, not vehicles. Drivable houses are inherently cooler than drivable vehicles. I'm MAD that we don't get a cool looking 3D world map like Skyrim had, but maybe we'll get to fly around in a blimp.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Inverness posted:

I don't recall any screw-up, only them speculating about whether you could build a house then drive it around.

They are the people who wrote the guide, why would they speculate? They should know all about the game.

2house2fly posted:

I keep seeing people saying this, as if they didn't sell as many pre-orders as the disc pressing factory can pump out by doing nothing more than confirming the game's existence.

Yeah. Besides this has had just as much publicity as their last few games, it's been all over the gaming press since before E3, videos, live action trailers, stupid tacky merchandising, the works.

marktheando fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 31, 2015

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Bethesda is some Adam Sandler style scheme where they just hire their friends and family to "work" on their game using the same engine and animations for 10 years while splitting all the money.

There is no other explanation, where the gently caress is all the money they make going to?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:effort: to upload, here have some more leaked pics

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

Inverness posted:

I initially read this as building a horse and driving it around. Pretty cool, either way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pretty, but some really low res lightning effects (look at the light shafts in the third picture)

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
still no shots of the perk chart? what the gently caress are these 9 year old youtube millionaires doing?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hope we can adjust the size of the cross hair on the console versions.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

According to that thread, the PS4 version is the one sent out to reviewers, not the Xbone. Bethesda must be pretty confident in that being the better looking console release.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
are there any nazis?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Ariza posted:

are there any nazis?

Metro is that way.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Pretty, but some really low res lightning effects (look at the light shafts in the third picture)

looks cool, also not overly trashed like the last 2 fallout games as if nobody in 200 years would clean up the street

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Blue Raider posted:

looks cool, also not overly trashed like the last 2 fallout games as if nobody in 200 years would clean up the street
they still can't get that last bit of grime off the curb though

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Really digging the atmosphere in these shots.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Metro is that way.

Now, Now. We can always have Wernher von Braun brain in a jar in the Institute as there's nothing more 1950s America than quietly taking Nazi scientists as your own.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Mokinokaro posted:

According to that thread, the PS4 version is the one sent out to reviewers, not the Xbone. Bethesda must be pretty confident in that being the better looking console release.

I think reviewers got all three versions at once

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Metro is that way.

are there any khmer rouge? whose the bad dudes gonna be?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

its me, I'm the bad dudes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ariza posted:

the BoS

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ariza posted:

Depends on your point of view. It could be almost no one or everyone depending on who you can kill in this game or who you can't stand! You've got some twats in Power Armor called the Brotherhood of Steel, Turbo Dorks that create thinking robot slaves because they're bitter shut ins at The Institute and the Underground Railroad that cares more about Andriod rights than the general suffering all over the wastes of human slavery, cannibalism and mutation.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Metro is that way.

god willing

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
When I said "I think it looks like poo poo" earlier I was kinda expecting to have been proven wrong, not getting my fears realized.

It looks good in some ways, I guess, but things like the bobblehead and the LOD are just terrible. I thought the point of new consoles was to get away from poo poo-looking games, not embrace them.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

de_dust posted:

not yet. I've only done the pre-war and leaving the vault bits.

my GIRLFRIEND is hosting a Halloween party at my place so sadly no John fallout for me tonight, but I'll delve into the perk list and take some screenshots with shadows tomorrow

Don't go!

TELL US WHAT THE LUCK 5 PERK IS

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

When I said "I think it looks like poo poo" earlier I was kinda expecting to have been proven wrong, not getting my fears realized.

It looks good in some ways, I guess, but things like the bobblehead and the LOD are just terrible. I thought the point of new consoles was to get away from poo poo-looking games, not embrace them.

I think it's better to say that the game looks wildly inconsistent. Some shots look great, others honestly look worse than vanilla Fallout 3 on max settings. I don't know if that's just console limitations or if Bethesda decided to get lazy and phone some textures and lighting effects in after doing all the work on the really good effects.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Okay, I love bitching about Bethesda and all, but seriously those shots like fine to mine. Like, not particularly amazing or anything, but are W3-level graphics really what anyone is buying the game for? As long as the settlements and weapon customization work and are good on release and the new perk system is isn't total garbage I'll get my $45 bucks out of it.

Edit: Post the perk list, goddamn it.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 1, 2015

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I wonder if the animations are still janky as gently caress.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think it's better to say that the game looks wildly inconsistent. Some shots look great, others honestly look worse than vanilla Fallout 3 on max settings. I don't know if that's just console limitations or if Bethesda decided to get lazy and phone some textures and lighting effects in after doing all the work on the really good effects.

Why would the big world reveal after leaving the vault look like poo poo, but some random house have such high res trees next to it?

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Boogaleeboo posted:

Immediately go into Luck and tell us WHAT THE gently caress LUCK 5 IS?!

Dumb Luck - More components when scrapping items.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I figure the engine and map details work out if the person designing them actually bothered to set up light sources, which they didn't in a lot of the first shots

that offset seat where the woman's legs go through the stool though is still funny as hell

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Police Automaton posted:

you better loving believe it

that : bethesda games :: jump button : mario games

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Police Automaton posted:

You did see that bit from the E3 video where raiders are attacking a player settlement and doing that same janky ragdoll effect as always when killed, right?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Police Automaton posted:

at this point it's part of bethesda's "charm" in their games

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

frajaq posted:

tis. i love these lovely broken ugly games

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

frajaq posted:

Exactly. One of the best examples is the execution scene in Helgen at the start of Skyrim. One Imperial puts the prisoner on the block then slides into position. Too janky to make the character walk behind the prisoner before playing the beheading animation.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Eschatos posted:

That's the baseless, almost certainly incorrect speculation from the fan site, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Eschatos posted:

I'm pretty sure I read this weeks ago from a site that was just making poo poo up.

Were they in fact not making poo poo up? Has this been confirmed or is this ultimately sourced from that dumb site?

Edit: Oh. Okay.

• Locked thread