Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

eyebeem posted:

There was a time when this was my favorite modern car in the world, and seeing one in person in southern California has only happened one other time for me, so I consider this very awesome.

Nice Noble, dude.
They're cheaper than you think. A guy I work with bought one (used) and said it was money well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If I don't see at least a gold foil wrapped Viper on my way to the freeway every morning, it's a boring day (also an LFA)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

They're cheaper than you think. A guy I work with bought one (used) and said it was money well spent.

They're like the absolute perfect supercar for people who only care about what's on the inside.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slavvy posted:

They're like the absolute perfect supercar for people who only care about what's on the inside.

As should everyone :colbert:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1990-nissan-pulsar-gti-r-ra.html

:fap: :gizz:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Someone is about to end up with something amazing - http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1990-mazda-cosmo-20b-082115.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Those things are fuckng awesome, but lol, $12000 US dollars. That's a $5k car in canada which is like $3800 US.

That steering wheel wear. keep in mind that's a car that's claimed to have 69,000 miles

Looking at their website, you could probably do really well buying up $5000 cars in canada and sitting on them for a year until they hit 25 years old and dropping them in the states.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Powershift posted:

Those things are fuckng awesome, but lol, $12000 US dollars. That's a $5k car in canada which is like $3800 US.

That steering wheel wear. keep in mind that's a car that's claimed to have 69,000 miles

Looking at their website, you could probably do really well buying up $5000 cars in canada and sitting on them for a year until they hit 25 years old and dropping them in the states.

Welcome to our archaic anti import laws. Very high end r32 gtrs are going for near 18k. Thats like r34 gtr prices in canada.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Welcome to our archaic anti import laws. Very high end r32 gtrs are going for near 18k. Thats like r34 gtr prices in canada.

No, R34 GTRs are still in the 35-50k range here.

R33s and R32s are pretty cheap.

I'm sure the wave will come and go there like it did here, you're just 10 years behind. This time next year you'll be drowning in 2JZ aristos with sellers claiming "it's basically a supra sedan"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MY LOINS

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That is one gently caress-ugly car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MrYenko posted:

Yeah but 227bhp and AWD in something that weighs as much as a pair of shoes = hilarious fun.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MrYenko posted:

Heretic.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

:perfect:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

MrYenko posted:

if its the hood that puts you off, most people move the IC down to the front and change hoods. The rest looks like a little awesome hatch, and

88h88 posted:

Yeah but 227bhp and AWD in something that weighs as much as a pair of shoes = hilarious fun.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're all overlooking the most important part of the car:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The Pulsar GTi-R is one of the few Nissans I want to own. Such a batshit little car.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

How terrible is an automatic in this generation rotary? It basically kills the engine in the RX-8 doesn't it?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

MetaJew posted:

How terrible is an automatic in this generation rotary? It basically kills the engine in the RX-8 doesn't it?

That specific one has a shift kit, so better. Not ideal but it's more driving style vs the actual auto that ends up killing them. If you drove a Cosmo in anger all the time with the 4 speed auto it would live a long an happy life.

Edit: It's also worth noting that at the time - I'm not sure if the turbo 5 speed from the RX-7 would have given Mazda the margins they needed in regards to durability, so it's entirely possible that was another reason the Cosmo's ended up with the auto - they could withstand more power. That specific Cosmo @ 12psi probably makes 380hp.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 29, 2015

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
I see a guy here in Raleigh driving around in a Pulsar GTi-R sometimes, it appears to be his daily based on the timing and frequency. It is indeed loving ugly but in a lovable way and that rear hatch wing contraption is hilarious in person.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

When I was in Japan a buddy of mine had a GTiR, he had a rich Japanese girlfriend that bought it for him brand new. I poo poo my pants in it more than a few times delivering tofu over the mountain.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

McTinkerson posted:

That specific one has a shift kit, so better. Not ideal but it's more driving style vs the actual auto that ends up killing them. If you drove a Cosmo in anger all the time with the 4 speed auto it would live a long an happy life.

Edit: It's also worth noting that at the time - I'm not sure if the turbo 5 speed from the RX-7 would have given Mazda the margins they needed in regards to durability, so it's entirely possible that was another reason the Cosmo's ended up with the auto - they could withstand more power. That specific Cosmo @ 12psi probably makes 380hp.

Okay, I want one. I promise to give it an Italian tuneup every day I drive it.

wildemere
Nov 19, 2013
The Pulsar was raced under Group C regs here.

A link to pics
https://www.google.com/search?q=Gib...AIVj5WICh3m5AQF

A write-up
http://www.n12turbo.com/files/NISSAN%20MOTORSPORT%20PULSAR%20_EXA_%20GROUP%20C.htm

from the article:-

Most of the nastiness can be put down to three things: 330 horsepower (246kw), front wheel drive and a locked diff. Couple that with an all up weight of 750kg and it starts to make some kind of sense...sort of. Fred Gibson tells the tale of following Christine down the mountain at Bathurst in the Bluebird. Once past Forrest's Elbow, he pulled out of the slipstream to pass the Exa and proceeded to sit on it's rear quarter for the entire length of Conrod Straight. That gives you some idea of how much squirt this little monster has.

and...

It's the most unusual of all the Gibson collection cars and the term animal is quite apt. It's an ornery little bugger and from reports of the driving experience, it bites too. Christine Gibson, the cars chief steerer has a legacy of it in the form of a dicky wrist from when it spun the wheel out of her hands and broke her wrist and dislocated her thumb.

So a ladies car it is. Just with a little torque steer though...

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
A local European auto shop brought this 1955 Mercedes 300SL by for an alignment:

I never thought I'd see the day... :signings:

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Uh, I need to know what's going on with this Thriftmaster.

Me too. It's still at the shop waiting on a few other steering parts and I do plan on asking the owner about it, stay tuned.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
That is beautiful!

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Powershift posted:

The bonus with buying a GTiR to flip for profit is that they have the SR20DET engine. A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
new Roadkill just went up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqwok5-ehbA

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"We're way behind schedule"

Is there any Roadkill episode where those words have not been said?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

neckbeard posted:

The bonus with buying a GTiR to flip for profit is that they have the SR20DET engine. A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars

God damnit. :lol::lol:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, I was trying to find some images of flat/satin black '69 or '70 AMC rebel 2 doors to see if they look as awesome in real life as they did in my head and I came across this thing. I don't care if photo is in black and wire, it looks gorgeous and so much more menacing than the actual Machine. :swoon:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

So, I was trying to find some images of flat/satin black '69 or '70 AMC rebel 2 doors to see if they look as awesome in real life as they did in my head and I came across this thing. I don't care if photo is in black and wire, it looks gorgeous and so much more menacing than the actual Machine. :swoon:

The late 60, early 70s is easily my favourite era of cars. On one hand you have awesomely mean blocky stuff like the above. On the other...

1968 Holden Hurricane concept.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

88h88 posted:

The late 60, early 70s is easily my favourite era of cars. On one hand you have awesomely mean blocky stuff like the above. On the other...

1968 Holden Hurricane concept.

Strong adherents to the firsta rule of Italian driving.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

Yup, that is awesome.

Be sure to checkout The Machine stand-up while you're at it!

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Elmnt80 posted:

The stance on that thing is perfection.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Saw this thing hanging out at the store. No idea what it is riding on but who wouldn't want to be taken to the afterlife in a sweet 4x4 cadillac hearse.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The best part of these is that you don't really have to exaggerate the cars at all.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Well I know what my next two shirts are gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Night Danger Moose posted:

Well I know what my next two shirts are gonna be.

Hell yes, the Immortan Joe one RULES