Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
welp, just ordered 8gb more of ram to go to 16. Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Scott Forstall posted:

welp, just ordered 8gb more of ram to go to 16. Why not?

I did the exact same thing. Not sure why I was only rolling with 8gb this entire time.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It sounds plausible enough for the scavenging aspect to build Fort Kickass.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Inverness posted:

Good, HUD color changing is still there.

Also, I assume that red marker on the HP bar is crippled health indicator?

Edit: What's the wire going into the lower back of the vault suit for?

its rads, higher rads lower your health, going from fallout shelter at least and they seem to be using the same stuff from that in the village building stuff so makes sense i guess.

edit: oh you already know. :|

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
those new shots need some sweetfx sharpening thrown on them, which i will be doing asap. other than that, pretty sweet.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vikar Jerome posted:

those new shots need some sweetfx sharpening thrown on them, which i will be doing asap. other than that, pretty sweet.

Yeah, maybe increase the saturation 400%, crush the blacks, give it a sort of cel-shaded outline sort of thing, some sort of weird DOF shader! Yeah bro! SweetFX totally is awesome and not complete garbage!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

crush the blacks

:agreed:

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

SweetFX's nice when games don't have settings for stuff like contrast and sharpening.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

More pics yo

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Everything I've read/benchmarks says 16gb ram is pointless for gaming. Is this really the game to change that?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

but are W3-level graphics really what anyone is buying the game for?
It's bitching, but it is bitching out of love's sake. Seriously, why would you intentionally set the bar so low that Witcher 3, a game made by a somewhat underfunded company in Poland, that is handily outperforming a AAA title made by super-experienced developers with literal decades of experience on their belt, having released several highly praised games with critical acclaim, is somewhat made out to be an unfair comparison to this?

Really? No, we aren't going to buy a game for its graphics. Only an idiot buys a game for its graphics. The razzle-dazzle is meant to sell an impression of an experience. The question is, if the polish is lacking in the graphical department, where exactly are they putting all that talent and experience towards? This isn't about an outcry over "where are my graphics Bethesda", but "why aren't you putting in the effort Bethesda"?

This is the problem with a market that only responds to sales numbers. The game is going to sell as loving hotcakes. And any and all criticism of the medium as a lasting piece of inspiration is just dead. It's just another product on the assembly line. It isn't there yet. But that is where it is heading.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

As long as the settlements and weapon customization work and are good on release and the new perk system is isn't total garbage I'll get my $45 bucks out of it.

Yeah, you will. You'd also get your full meal from $45 spent at McDonalds.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GuyUpNorth posted:

It sounds plausible enough for the scavenging aspect to build Fort Kickass.

I'm going to be very upset at everyone who tries to built a real fort and doesn't crown themselves king of scrap and/or salvaged junk mountain.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm going to be very upset at everyone who tries to built a real fort and doesn't crown themselves king of scrap and/or salvaged junk mountain.

Sadly, we've not yet seen any walls made out of cars and trucks and shipping containers and poo poo. Maybe they'll be added in sometime in the future but how can you have a proper post-apoc fortress without a wall made of cars?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mordaedil posted:

The question is, if the polish is lacking in the graphical department, where exactly are they putting all that talent and experience towards?

Keeping their employees employed for longer than industry average.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Boogaleeboo posted:

This is how Todd Howard and Pete Hines get around:

It's very labour intensive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Sadly, we've not yet seen any walls made out of cars and trucks and shipping containers and poo poo. Maybe they'll be added in sometime in the future but how can you have a proper post-apoc fortress without a wall made of cars?

gently caress this graphics dick waving contest this is the real outrage

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

It's bitching, but it is bitching out of love's sake. Seriously, why would you intentionally set the bar so low that Witcher 3, a game made by a somewhat underfunded company in Poland, that is handily outperforming a AAA title made by super-experienced developers with literal decades of experience on their belt, having released several highly praised games with critical acclaim, is somewhat made out to be an unfair comparison to this?

CD Projekt RED has around 230 employees. I can't find the numbers for BSG today, but they had around 70 for Fallout 3 and around 100 for Skyrim. I don't think it's really fair to act like the Witcher was made by some sort of scrappy indie team.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm going to build the tallest, ricketiest loving tower imaginable

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I like how the bigger town buildings are more kept together than the little suburb houses. But I really want all kinds of buildings to be repairable to some degree in case you make them a settlement. Even if its just scrapping most of the buildings and using it to turn a tower into a fortress.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

CD Projekt RED has around 230 employees. I can't find the numbers for BSG today, but they had around 70 for Fallout 3 and around 100 for Skyrim. I don't think it's really fair to act like the Witcher was made by some sort of scrappy indie team.

They also own GOG.com and I am pretty sure get a great deal of Government tax assistance. They also fronted the 81 million to make Witcher 3 -themselves- so 'underfunded' is a loving laugh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Magmarashi posted:

They also own GOG.com and I am pretty sure get a great deal of Government tax assistance. They also fronted the 81 million to make Witcher 3 -themselves- so 'underfunded' is a loving laugh.

Yea the idea CD Projekt is some scrappy underdog at this point is insane, it's like saying those young turks, Google.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah, they have loving oodles and oodles of money, lots and lots of skilled staff, and get this, they really really really care about what they do like drat they really give a poo poo about doing things well to a deep extent.

They are honestly what Bethesda should aspire to be.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Obama to sign "Bethesda Stimulus Package", aka "HATE AUSTERITY Bill" into law this coming Thursday.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Magmarashi posted:

They get MAJOR tax assistance. Like, assistance no other country gives game developers since Poland's one of the few places games are considered a form of art. Also, Polish wages in general tend to be quite lower than American so I'm betting their profit margins are much higher than what Bethesda gets overall (and Bethesda themselves have to split with Zenimax.)

Crabtree, I sadly will not be surprised if settlements are restricted to some preset zones. They can't really have you building everywhere. Though maybe you'll be able to demolish some of the ruined buildings for scrap.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 1, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

They get MAJOR tax assistance. Like, assistance no other country gives game developers since Poland's one of the few places games are considered a form of art. Also, Polish wages in general tend to be quite lower than American so I'm betting their profit margins are much higher than what Bethesda gets overall (and Bethesda themselves have to split with Zenimax.)

Crabtree, I sadly will not be surprised if settlements are restricted to some preset zones. They can't really have you building everywhere. Though maybe you'll be able to demolish some of the ruined buildings for scrap.

We've known that settlements were restricted to specific plots since the E3 presentation.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah settlements are going to be restricted to certain areas*

*for consoles

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mokinokaro posted:

Sure they're restricted right now to likely a few select places, but I bet a majority of them will already have ruined housing that you may or may not be able to use as a base structure to repair or remake. I'm not going to say the game sucks if most buildings need to be demolished for parts, but I'd like the ability to have variety in my construction.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 1, 2015

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Eiba posted:

Who cares? Why is anyone posting anything that's not the perks. Such a frustrating leak.

You should really eat a dick.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Eiba posted:

Who cares? Why is anyone posting anything that's not the perks. Such a frustrating leak.

Everyone just think of the product.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Boogaleeboo posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the entire problem with Bethesda.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

TheTrend posted:

You should really eat a dick.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Mods will fix this, and the game.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Have a poorly spelled and formatted info-dump from Reddit:

quote:

I've been reading a Spanish forum where an user claims to have play the game and reveals some info about it, I don't know if it's true but here it is. I'll try to translate it as best I can, don't be too hard please. SOURCE
English recap: The game, even tough not so revolutionary, it doesn't look like in the captures but better, it's not really a bad game. Joined together the game world looks better than great, and the illumination is one of the best I've seen. It is true that it suffered some framedrops but, there is also much more on screen.

- DIFFICULTY: Very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard, SURVIVAL. They change damage, resistance of enemies and appearing rate of legendary enemies. Legendary enemies are harder and they have a chance of dropping a legendary item with unique characteristics like better critic chance or that refills AP when doing a critic.

- HUD color will be customizable by RGB sliders.

- Minigames for unlocking doors and terminals are exactly the same as in Fallout 3.

- About the size of the map, is hard to tell a size because it's quite small on the pip-boy but it doesn't seem small at all, there is a lot to find on it. Probably Skyrim's size more or less?

-COMBAT, WAY better. It is no COD but the FPS sensations are amazing, you notice every impact, the weapons recess, different characteristics between them etc makes it wonderful. There was a lot of place from Fallout 3 to improve so I was doubtful about what would they do, but you all can be calm about it. Also, enemy AI, without being super evolved or anything, it's way better. Enemies hide, get cover a lot, they go for you when you have little health or you're reloading (He's playing in hard mode). He says VATS it's completely not essential.

-Animations are flawless. People's faces, even tough there are some similar (particularly raiders) there are a lot, and way different ones from each other.

-He didn't like at all the dialogue system, and in 23 hours he's played almost no mission he was able to get out of just by dialogue. Although there was some "X person approved" like in Dragon Age/Mass Effect, there is no visible karma system, and that takes a lot of attractive to the diplomatic side of the game. He checked statics and he didn't see either nothing about reputations like in NV. He thinks it will probably work like in Skyrim and Oblivion.

-SETTLEMENTS: A very important pillar on the game. Some will love it, some will hate it. He thinks that, even tough he likes this kind of "microgestion"aspects from RPGS he thinks Fallout's it's a little bit harder and deep than he likes. They give sooo many options about it, and missions, and objectives that he think they take out weight from the rest of the game. ABOUT HOW THEY WORK: There are a ton lot of red workshop tables all over the world, some free and other ones occupied. Once you get to them (if the people occupying it are good people you'll have to do the typical mission to help them etc) you can do all that was seen on the demo, destroy everything, and build. You'll have to maintain the little, or bunch of humans on it with food, water, energy and beds. When they're attacked you'll receive a message and have the option to go help. It is very complete and you can invest a lot of hours making it really cute, have there your base with all your people etc, but he thinks it might be a little bit overexploited.

-WEAPONS: More about them, he has only seen like 12-15 base weapons yet, but he says that the weapons mods is crazy. Every weapon can easily have 25-30 different pieces that alter sadistics.

-LOADING TIMES: There are a lot of little houses that doesn't need a loading screen, but big buildings normally do. Loadings between buildings are normally really short, being fast travel loading longer.

-POWER ARMORS: Used almost like a vehicle. You get inside, you use it, you get out of it and it stays on that place. It gives them a more OP feel, but it is also way less "comfortable" to use.

-NARRATIVE: He says it starts a little bit weak, and it takes a little to get it up and running. In his almost a day of playing has only completed 4 because they're pretty long and full of things to do. Even tough, he thinks the way the story is going can be very interesting.

Emphasis mine, HATE DIALOGUE, etc.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Generation Internet posted:

Have a poorly spelled and formatted info-dump from Reddit:

Emphasis mine, HATE DIALOGUE, etc.

About what I expected, I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

- HUD color will be customizable by RGB sliders

Oh my god

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Hope the HUD color thing is true, gonna play the entire game with a bright purple UI

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Slate Action posted:

Hope the HUD color thing is true, gonna play the entire game with a bright purple UI

I was just about to say the same thing. Royal purple Saints Row style. :allears:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Did I just have a stroke or did I actually read "Legendary weapons"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Every weapon can easily have 25-30 different pieces that alter sadistics.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

SunAndSpring posted:

Did I just have a stroke or did I actually read "Legendary weapons"

Here's the straight Spanish, it looks that way:

quote:

- Dificultades: Muy fácil, fácil, normal, difícil, muy difícil y supervivencia. Cambia que hacen más daño y resisten más y, a su vez, hay más probabilidad de que haya enemigos legendarios. Estos son enemigos que tienen una estrella al lado del nombre y son mucho más duros que el resto de su tipo y tienen probabilidad de soltar items legendarios (igualmente, tienen una estrellita al lado del nombre) que tienen propiedades "únicas" como, por ejemplo, un rifle láser con un 15% de probabilidad de crítico y que se rellenen los PA al hacer un crítico.

• Locked thread