Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do people get mad at the digital only thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I dunno man. In this case, maybe they wanted one of them watches they already have two of

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Because people are to cheap or lazy to invest in bigger memory. Also most people sell there games once they beat and you can't resell digital games without selling the whole console.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I just like having boxes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Looper posted:

Well yeah but if you're just that uncoordinated, it's better than nothing

There are four different control options, one of which kicks in immediately after you stop pushing buttons

It's slow as molasses and it really does take like 5 seconds for it to kick in. I don't think it really tries to play with your partner's gimmick either, so it can actively kill you if you're still using it by Week 3.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Jarogue posted:

Because people are to cheap or lazy to invest in bigger memory. Also most people sell there games once they beat and you can't resell digital games without selling the whole console.

I have that attitude a little, but moreso I think about being able to access the games in the long term future. I get paranoid about losing digital files if hardware breaks (in general, not just for game systems), but I also get paranoid about discs becoming scratched and unreadable.

So to me, the risks end up feeling equal. If more of my money goes to Nintendo via digital purchase, though, I'd rather do that than give to a retailer. I feel pretty fart-smelling smug to not support Gamestop.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I just like having boxes.

I have enough boxes

Enough to fill a whole house, apparently

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So when you play via Download Play on Triforce Heroes, on the costume select screen it only gives you the choice of the regular tunic, but it says "2 more costumes to purchase via Download Play" or something like that. I don't see anywhere you can actually purchase one though, since on DP you're limited to the lobby room in the castle. Anyone know what this means? I can't find anything about it by googling.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jarogue posted:

I don't mind buying games digitally, but don't like it when it's forced on me. The 3DS Phoenix Wright game comes to mind. At least Zero Escape games have some semblance of replay value, in order to get all of the possible endings. Even still, I was at least able to resell Virtue's Last Reward when I was done with it.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
I bought one physical copy of Picross 3D-2 that I can share with my kids as opposed to buying three separately digital.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

enojy posted:

I don't mind buying games digitally, but don't like it when it's forced on me. The 3DS Phoenix Wright game comes to mind. At least Zero Escape games have some semblance of replay value, in order to get all of the possible endings. Even still, I was at least able to resell Virtue's Last Reward when I was done with it.

When it's "forced" it's usually more a case of money more than anything else. If digital-only wasn't an option we would never have gotten that PW game in English to begin with.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Zero Escape 3 being digital-only in PAL-land is a money issue but in this case it's a "Aksys doesn't want to split the profits with another publisher" issue.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Zero Escape 3 being digital-only in PAL-land is a money issue but in this case it's a "Aksys doesn't want to split the profits with another publisher" issue.

At least the PAL release will presumably have English voices this time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junpei Hyde posted:

At least the PAL release will presumably have English voices this time.

To be fair, that was partly an accident rather than laziness. NoE had already started doing their own port as a "gently caress you, Dad" because Nintendo of America washed their hands of the game, then halfway through changed their mind.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm currently trying to decide if I want the new Apple TV or the new small bitch 3DS

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Only reason to get an Apple TV is to stream from an apple device with airplay. Roku is cheaper and better as a streaming box.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Roku is stupid, I've already decided this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about a chromecast + big bitch xl

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I already have a big bitch new XL and a 3rd gen ATV

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is it faceplates? Be honest. Cause decals man.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I want to buy it and then buy that wooden one. I might buy it because it seems like it might become rare, but the Apple TV will forever be for sale.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Well that Shantae enemy certainly is something. Though I can't really say much as I backed a game (Hex Heroes) at a level high enough to design an enemy and they've finished that and it was a thing that happened. It didn't come out looking like Nikki-No-Tits though. It came out looking like Bubsy the Bobcat.

(I want to say that if any of the Hex Heroes people are reading this, I'm really pleased with my design and I like it a lot, you guys did a great job. It was super cool to make a thing in your video game!)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

He's right

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is there something terribly offensive that I'm missing in the Shantae games? I only played the DSiWare one, so I have no idea why everybody freaks out over the tiny sprite having boobs if you squint real hard.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

Is there something terribly offensive that I'm missing in the Shantae games? I only played the DSiWare game, and I have no idea why everybody freaks out over the tiny sprite having boobs if you squint real hard.

WayForward likes boobs, and games does not

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
wayforward might have the horniest team of character designers in all of indie games, especially relative to talent and success, and the big tittie ladies being doe-eyed and all neotony-type makes that real awkward on top of that.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i love to be horny

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

wayforward might have the horniest team of character designers in all of indie games, especially relative to talent and success, and the big tittie ladies being doe-eyed and all neotony-type makes that real awkward on top of that.

...I'm going to go with Kite's answer.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

noirstronaut posted:

I want to buy it and then buy that wooden one. I might buy it because it seems like it might become rare, but the Apple TV will forever be for sale.

The apple tv will also forever be a bad purchase, buy vidgams you dummy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i love to be horny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

Is there something terribly offensive that I'm missing in the Shantae games?

Nah, not really. Outside of the character designs, the games in general are just fun 2D platformers filled with lighthearted, silly humor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wayforward loves cute super-deformed characters with hyper-exaggerrated artstyles and they also really really love tits. The two do not always mesh well. (I think it stands out a lot weirder in Mighty Switch Force than anything Shantae-related though.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

raditts posted:

The apple tv will also forever be a bad purchase, buy vidgams you dummy

The new tv probably has more good games on it than the 3DS does.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new Shantae game has a scene where the glistening body of a college girl covered in dragoon drool opens the gate to a dungeon, so expect more of that poo poo next time around, not less.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
if shantae is over 18 i'd gently caress her

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

:chanpop:

:nws:

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 1, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The new Shantae game has a scene where the glistening body of a college girl covered in dragoon drool opens the gate to a dungeon

Why do I get the feeling this involves a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FirstAidKite posted:

Why do I get the feeling this involves a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole

Sorry, it's two girls:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sure, but the dragon was drooling because of ham stench. That was just a couple idiots swimming in ham stench drool, thinking it was spring water. Gross, not sexy.

Shantae is gross.

Fun game, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
It doesn't open a dungeon, but it does illuminate the magic words to a petrification spell, which you then teach to a man who's wife has been turned to stone in order to help him bring her back to life.

:rip:

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 1, 2015