Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Badly Jester posted:

Mostly in an an effort to keep them away from the crops and saplings, yes. There's even "Wildäcker", where hunters plant crops for the boars, but if I were a boar, I'd also go for the big loving field and eat all the potatoes instead of going to that little stretch of dirt where that hunter lets his dog piss.
There's also Winterfütterung that keeps our deer and boar populations retardedly high because it removes the remaining limit of winter food availability as predators are already missing.

quote:

I hope you're kidding and I just suck at reading sarcasm over the internet. Or maybe you're talking about toddlers.
Even if Libluini is kidding, there are people who are so overprotective that their kids are unable to grow up to be functional independent adults.

quote:

Clearly, he should have just let the wolves eat his sheep.
As much as I would love to live in a green utopia, Germany is not it, and considering Germany's population density coupled with how we're using every inch of ground for either housing, industry, agriculture or forestry, wolves simply don't fit into the picture anymore. At least not until we start considering cattle and the occasional baby (I kid) as acceptable losses. As for bears, well, they typically have ranges in the dozens of square kilometers; there's simply not enough (unfragmented) habitats for them, and good luck getting the general populace to be cool with bears in their back yards. I, too, would like to be bros with a bear, though. They're my spirit animal, on account of being fat and generally chill.

Yeah, the German agricultural sector is completely hosed up, and so is German conservation at anything beyond a small scale with few exceptions. As for farmers being worried about losses, some countries offer compensation for livestock eaten by reintroduced wolves, which isn't actually very much because properly fenced-in livestock doesn't get eaten that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

blowfish posted:

Even if Libluini is kidding, there are people who are so overprotective that their kids are unable to grow up to be functional independent adults.
What generation of adults are you thinking of that's grown up to be functional independent adults?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Randler posted:

Organic food is a sheer marketing scam with or without labels.

At least I still have my full moon beer and healing crystal water

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Organic food is a sheer marketing scam with or without labels.

lies. neo-liberal lies! I grow my own jalapeños on the window still and the harvest is so huge that it usually lasts me through the entire winter, without relying on the chili-industrial complex.

sustainable urban agriculture is possible, today.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Die FPÖ mal wieder.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

To clarify: Susanne Winter is a sitting MP of the FPÖ. The dude above her posted that as a response to a Spiegel article about Orban ranting about Soros and the Jews the international finance industry being responsible for the migrant crisis. It looks like she'll be thrown out of the party for that, but it's totally loving unsurprising that a Neo-Nazi like her got on the party ticket for national parliament in the first place. gently caress the FPÖ.

Oh, and her defence? "Ich bin nicht antisemitisch, ich habe selbst jüdische Freunde." :v:

I'll leave this country coming January after six years here (for personal reasons). I'll miss a lot of things, but the retarded political situation definitely isn't one of them.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Spoiler: Politics is retarded everywhere.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

System Metternich posted:

"Ich bin nicht antisemitisch, ich habe selbst jüdische Freunde."
haha

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Riso posted:

Spoiler: Politics is retarded everywhere.

But Austria is especially retarded.

The politics there, too.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

waitwhatno posted:

Lol, I totally forgot about the Problembärproblematik :(

there goes my dream of living with bears

Your post reminded me of a picture I took last year in the Alps:

:rip: Bruno. Gone, but not forgotten

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Smirr posted:

Your post reminded me of a picture I took last year in the Alps:

:rip: Bruno. Gone, but not forgotten

I first read that as "Buttermänner" and was really confused for a moment there

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

You can look at Bruno in the 'Museum Mensch und Natur' in Munich. He is shown doing what he loved most: eating some delicious honey straight from the source. And children are still writing tearful letters to him every day.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

You can look at Bruno in the 'Museum Mensch und Natur' in Munich. He is shown doing what he loved most: eating some delicious honey straight from the source. And children are still writing tearful letters to him every day.

That made me curious whether there is a stuffed Knut as well.

Turns out there is. In Bärlin. :razz:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

before:

after:

Cingulate posted:

What generation of adults are you thinking of that's grown up to be functional independent adults?
well not quite functional but essentially able to react in any other way than calling for mommy and daddy when faced with an unknown situation

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Libluini posted:

2. I'm even more at a loss here, are you saying shooting animals is good as long as they aren't stressed out?

nah basically my position is that unnecessary animal suffering might not be good but it's a hot button topic for an unreasonably large proportion of the population compared to many other things so everyone should just get a grip and move on even if the animal happens to be very cute and furry

quote:

Also, I didn't think letting children walking around unobserved in the forest was some kind of controversial issue. Apparently we think of something different when we talk about forests? Because there are forests close to cities who I could see children playing around without trouble and forests where the same thing would be stupid. I thought by explicitly talking about the latter kind I would forego this kind of comment, but I see I overestimated people here

Well basically my idea of a forest is something that isn't regularly cleaned up and not say the Berliner Tiergarten, and as long as you aren't talking about toddlers or confused four year olds I'm basically in favour of letting at least letting kids go off into the forest together with some friends. Basically if the kid is old enough to take the U-Bahn into town unsupervised they should be able to go in the other direction, too.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

blowfish posted:

nah basically my position is that unnecessary animal suffering might not be good but it's a hot button topic for an unreasonably large proportion of the population compared to many other things so everyone should just get a grip and move on even if the animal happens to be very cute and furry
There are no people in my life I loathe more than those posting about abused puppies on my Facebook.

I've been a vegetarian for half my life because I don't think murdering cows for steak is justified, but these people.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

blowfish posted:

Well basically my idea of a forest is something that isn't regularly cleaned up and not say the Berliner Tiergarten, and as long as you aren't talking about toddlers or confused four year olds I'm basically in favour of letting at least letting kids go off into the forest together with some friends. Basically if the kid is old enough to take the U-Bahn into town unsupervised they should be able to go in the other direction, too.

Oh, OK. Looks like we just had a minor misunderstanding. :v:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Semi related:

Some people who were considering taking in a refugee as a flat mate apparently asked those guys if they could have vegans. :allears::cripes::laffo::psyduck:

https://www.fluechtlinge-willkommen.de

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Zwille posted:

Semi related:

Some people who were considering taking in a refugee as a flat mate apparently asked those guys if they could have vegans. :allears::cripes::laffo::psyduck:

greens.txt

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Zwille posted:

Semi related:

No ring. Also, holy poo poo.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

It's more FirstWorld.txt, really.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Zwille posted:

Semi related:

I bet they're currently fearing for their jobs over at the Titanic because they couldn't come up with poo poo as ridiculous as that if they tried.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Libluini posted:

It's more FirstWorld.txt, really.

No. I don't think the regular person would request their refugee to be either gay or vegan. Not that they would want to live with refugees in the first place, but this is clearly greens.txt and you should wear it as a badge of honor; Those straight, male, meat eating refugees need to check their privilege anyway.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
refugee gay. so what

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

No. I don't think the regular person would request their refugee to be either gay or vegan.

You're really not cynical enough.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I didn't think the regular person would march side by side with literal neonazis calling for a coup d'etat yet here we are with a spectrum of regularness that's apparently really loving broad or extremely narrow and covers only a small part of the population.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 2, 2015

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

No idea what the outrage is about. Finding people you are compatible with for a wg is pretty normal and important. At least the refugees don't have to provide a new gaming console and show 100 Facebook friends as reference, before they are even considered, like Germans have to.

A lot of woman just feel more comfortable living with other woman, why is this outrageous? Vegetarians find it much easier to share a kitchen with people who are also vegetarians. No idea what the gay stuff is about though, people with that kind of demand might be legitimately retarded idk.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Eating lots of meat is a first-world or rich people thing.

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 2, 2015

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

waitwhatno posted:

No idea what the outrage is about.

An aus Kriegsgebieten Fliehende die gleichen Maßstäbe anzulegen, wie an reguläre Mitbewohner hat vermutlich ein Geschmäckle, wenn die gleichen Leute vorher groß darlegen, wie aufnahmebereit und gastfreundlich sie sind. :shrug:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

An aus Kriegsgebieten Fliehende die gleichen Maßstäbe anzulegen, wie an reguläre Mitbewohner hat vermutlich ein Geschmäckle, wenn die gleichen Leute vorher groß darlegen, wie aufnahmebereit und gastfreundlich sie sind. :shrug:

Hypothetisches Gedankenexperiment für Randler:

Ein Zigeunerfluch stellt deine lang verschollene, menschliche Seele wieder her. Dank dem Fluch bist du jetzt für einen humanen und zivilisierten Umgang mit Kriegsvertriebenen.

So, jetzt sucht du also für deine WG einen neuen Langzeitmitbewohner und überlegst dir deine Suche auch auf Vertriebenen auszuweiten. Am Ende der Suche musst dann wählen zwischen einem 50 jährigen Familienvater und einer attraktiven 20-jährigen Frau. Ist es ethisch vertretbar, die attraktive Frau zu wählen?

Ich bin nicht ganz sicher worauf ich eigentlich hinaus wollte, bin grad etwa abgelenkt. Ich hoffe da ist irgendwas dabei was als Gegenargument durchgeht.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Der Timm-Thaler-Fluch in falschherum!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

Ein Zigeunerfluch stellt deine lang verschollene, menschliche Seele wieder her. Dank dem Fluch bist du jetzt für einen humanen und zivilisierten Umgang mit Kriegsvertriebenen.

So, jetzt sucht du also für deine WG einen neuen Langzeitmitbewohner und überlegst dir deine Suche auch auf Vertriebenen auszuweiten. Am Ende der Suche musst dann wählen zwischen einem 50 jährigen Familienvater und einer attraktiven 20-jährigen Frau. Ist es ethisch vertretbar, die attraktive Frau zu wählen?

Ich bin nicht ganz sicher worauf ich eigentlich hinaus wollte, bin grad etwa abgelenkt. Ich hoffe da ist irgendwas dabei was als Gegenargument durchgeht.

Did thinking of 20yo refugee hotties divert your blood your attention elsewhere? :v:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

waitwhatno posted:

Dank des Fluches

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Das wär' ein Fluch, dem ich danken würde.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

waitwhatno posted:

Ist es ethisch vertretbar, die attraktive Frau zu wählen?
Was sagen deine Eltern dazu, dass du irgendwelche Leute zu dir in den Keller ziehen lässt?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cingulate posted:

Dank des Fluches

don't care, as a non-native German speaker I can make as many mistakes as I want and people can't call me stupid in public. :chord:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Cingulate posted:

Dank des Fluches

Korinthenkacker

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

RabbitWizard posted:

Was sagen deine Eltern dazu, dass du irgendwelche Leute zu dir in den Keller ziehen lässt?

Nich weiter wild, is ja alles gefliest

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
This imaginary 20yo attractive female was probably raped multiple times on her way or might have "Herrenbesuch" multiple times a week.

I'd say take the 50yo male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Schurik posted:

Korinthenkacker

Surely, celebrating ignorance cannot be the solution!