Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

ianmacdo posted:

The Borg never seemed to adapt to melee attacks though. And guns are like hitting, just with bullets

The only people who ever effectively melee attack the Borg are super strong/highly skilled though, like Data. Even Worf typically needs a weapon, so the average human would be totally hosed. That's why the Borg don't adapt, it would be a ton of effort to armour up all their drones on the off-chance they will run into the one or two guys that beat them hand to hand. I think Picard gets bailed out several times in the film by other characters right before a random drone kicks his rear end.

Similar thing with the Tommy gun, it worked because it had never been used before. Start using it regularly and suddenly the Borg force fields block bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
So I just watched Pacific Rim. I know a lot of things in the movie make no sense but can be hand waved with the idea that in this film, awesome dictates reality. However, a big deal is made towards the end that Idris's character is dying from cancer caused by piloting an earlier, unshielded Mark I Jaeger that dosed him with heavy amounts of radiation. He's told that if he sets foot back inside one, it will kill him, and he bravely steps up to sacrifice himself.

But he's stepping into the "only Mark V," the most advanced model in the world. He got dosed because the first ones were rushed out in fourteen months and didn't have proper shielding. None of the other pilots got Jaegercancer, so presumably that problem has been fixed. Even if it hadn't been, he already has terminal cancer, it's not like it's going to give him more cancer.

I did notice that the nosebleeds he was getting seemed similar to what happened whenever someone overloaded their brain while drifting and he mentions piloting a jaeger solo for three hours. It would make sense that it's some kind of neural condition caused by the stress of doing that, but they only hint towards it and throw the cancer plot over top in a very weird way. I'm guessing it was a script rewrite but it feels awkward.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Wild T posted:

So I just watched Pacific Rim. I know a lot of things in the movie make no sense but can be hand waved with the idea that in this film, awesome dictates reality. However, a big deal is made towards the end that Idris's character is dying from cancer caused by piloting an earlier, unshielded Mark I Jaeger that dosed him with heavy amounts of radiation. He's told that if he sets foot back inside one, it will kill him, and he bravely steps up to sacrifice himself.

But he's stepping into the "only Mark V," the most advanced model in the world. He got dosed because the first ones were rushed out in fourteen months and didn't have proper shielding. None of the other pilots got Jaegercancer, so presumably that problem has been fixed. Even if it hadn't been, he already has terminal cancer, it's not like it's going to give him more cancer.

I did notice that the nosebleeds he was getting seemed similar to what happened whenever someone overloaded their brain while drifting and he mentions piloting a jaeger solo for three hours. It would make sense that it's some kind of neural condition caused by the stress of doing that, but they only hint towards it and throw the cancer plot over top in a very weird way. I'm guessing it was a script rewrite but it feels awkward.

I thought that too. Would have made more sense that the early Jaegers didn't have the most efficient "drift" system and the neural load took its tool on all the early pilots, especially after piloting alone for 3 hours. Would have made a lot of sense if the worry was about his brain rather than indiscriminate "cancer."

Hell it would even make for a cooler character/story, making him perhaps the only Mark I pilot left and someone who was willing to give everything for the fight, even his own brain, and was only taken off the line because his Jaeger went down.

But then again, this is the movie that says Nuclear=Analog so who knows. Speaking of, here's my irrationally irritating moment, what the hell were the other Jaegers running on if not Nuclear Power? Frigin fossil fuels?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yes, apparently some of the giant mech robots are powered by gently caress off huge diesel engines.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arrath posted:

Yes, apparently some of the giant mech robots are powered by gently caress off huge diesel engines.

Pretty sure they use Diesel engines for Jagers like we use horsepower for cars. Unit of measurement, not hundreds of horses under the hood.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Pook Good Mook posted:

But then again, this is the movie that says Nuclear=Analog so who knows. Speaking of, here's my irrationally irritating moment, what the hell were the other Jaegers running on if not Nuclear Power? Frigin fossil fuels?

Well we know Cherno Alpha also used a nuclear reactor but she was dead by the time the EMP went off. I've always assumed that somehow analog/digital got mixed up with the idea of a nuclear-powered robot being immune to an EMP because Science. This is also the same movie that makes a big deal about Gipsy Danger being armored with pure iron, which in reality would shatter the first time the Jaeger took a step.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Arrath posted:

Well we do know how to make gently caress off huge diesel engines already.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Arrath posted:

They use huge gently caress off Diesel engines to run the generators on locomotives.

Seems like a fair comparison for huge gently caress off mechas.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh I know, it just feels too... I dunno, mundane for a huge robot. That's why it's irrational :v:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
My favorite part of the "Gipsy Danger is analog!" plot point is that the pilots are surrounded by electronics and holographic screens. Analog holograms. It'd make more sense if the EMP had just knocked out the jaegers on scene but not reached the Shatterdome. Gipsy would still be the only operational jaeger but you'd avoid the cringeworthy movie science.

Plus the folks nearby on the mainland still had power... How close was the Shatterdome to the fight? And if they were that close, why did they need helicopters when the jaegers could have just walked? And why.... Nah I'm not going down that rabbit hole. Giant pretty robots punched giant ugly monsters, I failed to check my brain at the door.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember the cancer thing. I thought he was a sole pilot and if he piloted a new one his brain would get all kabijjered and poo poo.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

I don't remember if they specifically say cancer, but when he's confronted about being sick he pins it on the lack of raditation shielding because the first jaegers were rushed through production. The brain damage angle made a lot more sense (he even brings up soloing for three hours in the same scene) but it seems like they assumed audiences wouldn't understand and put the cancer explanation over the top of it.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Wild T posted:

My favorite part of the "Gipsy Danger is analog!" plot point is that the pilots are surrounded by electronics and holographic screens. Analog holograms. It'd make more sense if the EMP had just knocked out the jaegers on scene but not reached the Shatterdome. Gipsy would still be the only operational jaeger but you'd avoid the cringeworthy movie science.

My head-canon is a Gypsy Danger operated through magnetic tapes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Wild T posted:

I don't remember if they specifically say cancer, but when he's confronted about being sick he pins it on the lack of raditation shielding because the first jaegers were rushed through production. The brain damage angle made a lot more sense (he even brings up soloing for three hours in the same scene) but it seems like they assumed audiences wouldn't understand and put the cancer explanation over the top of it.

Oh, I didn't hear radiation, I just heard shielding and figured it was some kinda neural net buffer so people's brains didn't leak out of their heads. That's why they share it across 2 people now instead of that one dude piloting and then stroking out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well we do know how to make gently caress off huge diesel engines already.

That's strange, I play the Mad Max game for 73 hours but I never unlocked this upgrade.....

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Gipsy Danger should have just been made of steel and acted as a Faraday cage, protecting it from EMPs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pook Good Mook posted:

It doesn't say that Nuclaer = Analog, it says that one of the mechs is both Nuclear and Analog. Not that they're the same thing. And that's not really actually so crazy? All the early nuclear devices were analog. Fat man and little boy were both analog AFAIK. Analog doesn't mean "non-electrical" like most people assume, analog in contrast to digital is about how you store the signal. An electric guitar makes an analog signal which can be converted into a digital signal by a computer, but they're both electrical signals.

I don't see what's so wrong about this.

As for "what were the other jaegers running off of", Elon Musk just built a new super lithium ion battery factory :cheeky:

But even an analog machine would still be susceptible to EMP so that's a pretty big plot hole. Unless by analog they meant entirely mechanical.

But then there's

Wild T posted:

Yeah, that's a huge problem. You could have old fashioned cathode ray tube TVs that were analog, but those flat panel displays and poo poo are all definitely digital.

Light Gun Man posted:

Gipsy Danger should have just been made of steel and acted as a Faraday cage, protecting it from EMPs.

It bothers me how many people have never heard of the concept of a faraday cage.

I was watching Better Call Saul and he has a physical ailment which makes EM radiation uncomfortable (something that real people claim to have, which is disputed in medicine) and the obvious answer is BUILD A FARADAY CAGE. You'd be loving fine, but apparently this really smart lawyer never studied physics and can't google "how to prevent EM radiation".

There's even a guy who built his dad a suit which has a faraday cage as the lining under the suit, so he can go out in public because he has that very condition. There's no reason a rich lawyer wouldn't be able to buy / construct a similar faraday suit. It wouldn't be a perfect cage if it didn't cover your face, but it'd be way better than going without or covering yourself in a space blanket like he does in the show.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Nov 2, 2015

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
My admittedly pretty :downs: interpretation of those scenes was that the EMP fried everything that was switched on when it hit. Gipsy Danger wasn't switched on. I just blocked out all that poo poo with analogousness as technobabble.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I was watching Better Call Saul and he has a physical ailment which makes EM radiation uncomfortable (something that real people claim to have, which is disputed in medicine) and the obvious answer is BUILD A FARADAY CAGE. You'd be loving fine, but apparently this really smart lawyer never studied physics and can't google "how to prevent EM radiation".

There's even a guy who built his dad a suit which has a faraday cage as the lining under the suit, so he can go out in public because he has that very condition. There's no reason a rich lawyer wouldn't be able to buy / construct a similar faraday suit. It wouldn't be a perfect cage if it didn't cover your face, but it'd be way better than going without or covering yourself in a space blanket like he does in the show.
Keep watching the show!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mendigo posted:

Keep watching the show!

I finished the season! There's no more to watch! :v:

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I finished the season! There's no more to watch! :v:

Weird... they actually show how Saul's brother walks outside wearing a suit like the one you describe, it's a huge plot point on that episode, that's what I meant :/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mendigo posted:

Weird... they actually show how Saul's brother walks outside wearing a suit like the one you describe, it's a huge plot point on that episode, that's what I meant :/

No he walks outside wearing the space blanket which is similar but not as good. Or maybe I missed a scene?

E: I guess MPET is pretty good as a faraday cage. But it looks goofy as gently caress compared to the lining-under-the-suit design that somebody really made that I'm talking about.

When he goes to the law firm everybody has to put their cell phones away. If he had a faraday cage suit he wouldn't have to ask for that. Although they also imply that its psychosomatic so whatever.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I mean, it's really, really loving obvious it's all in his head. That's not just implied subtly, it's pretty much thrown in your face and outright stated. There's even the scene in the hospital where the nurse pretends to turn off the machine and they all give each other knowing looks. They're not actually trying to help him battle EM radiation in any practical way because that's pointless. Instead they're just humoring him because that's all you can do when you don't have the ability to help someone with a mental illness like that.

The only thing he suffers from is anxiety issues and panic attacks, which he (delusionally) explains as EM sensitivity, but it's all very irrational because that the nature of those things.

e:
Not trying to jump down your throat or anything, sorry if it comes off that way, but complaining about the lack of a proper Faraday cage/suit is completely missing the point of it all.

Taeke has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Nov 2, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Taeke posted:

I mean, it's really, really loving obvious it's all in his head. That's not just implied subtly, it's pretty much thrown in your face and outright stated. There's even the scene in the hospital where the nurse pretends to turn off the machine and they all give each other knowing looks. They're not actually trying to help him battle EM radiation in any practical way because that's pointless. Instead they're just humoring him because that's all you can do when you don't have the ability to help someone with a mental illness like that.

The only thing he suffers from is anxiety issues and panic attacks, which he (delusionally) explains as EM sensitivity, but it's all very irrational because that the nature of those things.

No its not 'really loving obvious'. That one scene in the hospital is the only hard evidence that he's making it up. Jimmy seems to believe him all along, and its shown as one of his redeeming qualities that as scummy as he is, he stands up for his brother where everybody else doubts him. We see plenty of other scenes which seem to make it realistic, Chuck seems to know there are electrical devices on even when people say there aren't. He could have guessed, but it goes both ways. The show is very clearly ambiguous about it, not "loving obvious".

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

No its not 'really loving obvious'. That one scene in the hospital is the only hard evidence that he's making it up. Jimmy seems to believe him all along, and its shown as one of his redeeming qualities that as scummy as he is, he stands up for his brother where everybody else doubts him. We see plenty of other scenes which seem to make it realistic, Chuck seems to know there are electrical devices on even when people say there aren't. He could have guessed, but it goes both ways. The show is very clearly ambiguous about it, not "loving obvious".

Yeah, sorry, my tone was completely off.

I do disagree with you though. He defends his brother out of loyalty but I remember plenty of telling sighs and eye rolling and even conversations with the female lawyer where it's apparent that Jimmy is aware that it's a mental health issue. He just doesn't know how to deal with it, so he goes along with his brother's demands and invents ways help him. Even the man himself seems to realize what's going on at the end and tries to overcome his fears by going out of the house as a form of exposure therapy.

eta:
Another sign that not all is well (psychologically speaking) with Chuck is his OCD, but for me the most telling was the fact that the medical equipment didn't actually trigger his symptoms. It's very real to him, but it's psychosomatic.

eta 2:
Take a look at the very last scene of episode 8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOca4KF1Ik

Chuck is so caught up in his work that he completely forgets about his issues up until the moment this mindset is broken by Jimmy and he realizes he's outside, triggering his anxiety.

Taeke has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Nov 2, 2015

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Both shield and gun go blammo. So all the Baron needed to obliterate the entire Atreides line is two send one suicide bomber with a laser into Arrakeen and shoot their estate. For all the detail Herbert put into the setting, he did ocassionaly just drop in some nonsense technology for the sake of it.

Shields weren't used on Dune itself because in addition to the bad interaction with lasguns, shields really pissed off the worms and they'd come from far away to eat whatever was generating it. There's reference to a Shield Wall, but that's just a plain old mountain range.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

No he walks outside wearing the space blanket which is similar but not as good. Or maybe I missed a scene?
Both things happen. He runs outside early in the show, then I guess you missed a scene. It happens right before he goes to the offices on episode 9, they show how the suit's lined with the space blanket and everything.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

IIRC there was definitely a shield around arrakeen. Wasn't that the whole point of the end, where he used atomics on the mountain range itself, thus obliterating the natural cover arrakeen had from the sandstorms, which hosed up their shields and allowed the fremen to attack unhindered? He technically wasn't breaking the rules because he used the atomics on an unoccupied landmass, then attacked the baron's forces conventionally.. Still wouldn't have been a good idea to attack arrakeen with a laser, though, as even if the baron didn't care about drawing the ire of the other houses he still would have been destroying a city he needed to rule Arrakis effectively.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're supposed to know Chuck's condition is a bullshit psychosomatic thing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Taeke posted:

Yeah, sorry, my tone was completely off.

I do disagree with you though.

Fair enough.

Mendigo posted:

Both things happen. He runs outside early in the show, then I guess you missed a scene. It happens right before he goes to the offices on episode 9, they show how the suit's lined with the space blanket and everything.

Okay yeah I did totally miss that scene then. I was on vacation while I burned through the episodes so something must have distracted me. I remember him going to the offices and being more comfortable but still a little bothered by cellphones, I figured he was just getting more confident / "overcoming" the condition, but that's cool if they did build a suit then!

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I always thought it was obvious that it was all in Chuck's head because humans aren't sensitive to EM radiation :shrug:

I am not a doctor however.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
IIRC there's also a scene where Jimmy leaves his cellphone in his pants pocket and dumps his pants on the floor. Chuck doesn't start reacting to his EM sensitivity until he actually finds the phone, when if EM sensitivity was an actual physical condition rather than a mental one he'd have started feeling lovely whether or not he knew the phone was there.

Besides, we're all constantly bathed in EM radiation of all kinds. People claim to be sensitive to cell phones and WIFI, but it's all just radio waves. Those things are everywhere even without our modern tech creating it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nexus6 posted:

I always thought it was obvious that it was all in Chuck's head because humans aren't sensitive to EM radiation :shrug:

I am not a doctor however.

That's what I mean. The show obviously expects you to know it's a fake condition.

I don't really know what your impression would be if you didn't know that. It's possible that without that outside knowledge the show's depiction might look like it's real.

Edit: People who think they are EM sensitive actually do have increased stress levels and other health issues when they know they're in the presence of EM radiation, but that stress is entirely psychosomatic. So there's still an actual condition there, it's just that it's a mental illness and not a physical one. Chuck is still sick, just not for the reason he thinks. Telling him he's wrong won't fix it, that's why Jimmy plays along. He's trying to help. I don't think it makes him less sympathetic to know it's not a real condition.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Nov 2, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The reason chuck knows whether people are carrying electronics is because he literally always loving asks and sometimes he's right. If you have a cell phone in your pocket and someone asks you "do you have a cell phone in your pocket? I am going to throw a hissy fit if you didn't put it in the mailbox like my brother explained to you" and you actually have it in your pocket, your reaction is going to be annoyance, which he will read on your face, and take as confirmation bias when you grudgingly return the phone to the mailbox.

One of the first examples of him explaining his disease at all is asking saul if he put it in the mailbox and he did, he swears up and down to show his deference to Chuck's condition, and only then does chuck calm down. (I don't want to say the first one, that might have been the salad tongs incident) If saul had acted in any other manner he would have itched more and demanded he turn out his pockets. He's got mental problems but they chose to ride the line between "this isn't real, is it?" and "this is obviously fake" so that you wouldn't fail to even try to empathize with the fallen chuck. By the end you are supposed to be on the same page as everyone else as this is a psychosomatic condition.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So I saw The Martian yesterday and mostly enjoyed it but:

Did anyone else think the characters and the dialogue sucked? They were all so one dimensional. Even Damon, who I usually like...I dunno...all the stuff about hating disco and the quippy one-liners really took me out of the film. Same with all the other supporting characters. Things that were supposed to make me chuckle and sometimes laugh I found detracted from my immersion in the movie. And everyone calculating poo poo on the fly, be it to rescue Damon or figure out how to deal with the press conferences, the money and the potential blowback, just all seemed so convenient and lazily written. Jeff Daniels and the NASA guy who figured out the solution I found especially annoying.

It was a pretty good flick but as far as "stranded in a remote location" movies go, I much preferred "Castaway", "Lord of the Flies" and even "Enemy Mine" and "The Thing".

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Aphrodite posted:

That's what I mean. The show obviously expects you to know it's a fake condition.

I'd swear there was an interview with one of the writers or producers explaining that when they initially came up with Chuck's problem, it was meant as something weird and unique that was an obvious mask for his mental problems. Unfortunately they were unaware of the wider existence of "EM sensitivity," so Chuck's condition came off as far less strange than intended. After Chuck's first appearance they quickly learned all about EM sensitivity as they had unwittingly stumbled onto it. Though I can't for the life of me find this interview now.

E: Thanks!

Rebel Blob has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Nov 2, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It was the better call saul podcast's first episode.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Also, Saul is not rich by any means. The dude works in a lovely nail salon, for gently caress's sake. Trying to become a full lawyer in the eyes of anyone who will hire him, dealing with Tuco, the Kettlemans, and all kinds of poo poo on basically a zero salary. He isn't Saul yet, he's Jimmy, he doesn't have his connections or the money yet. So his brother, who he wants to impress, who wants him so badly to be proud of him, has a mental disorder. On top of everything else, I can see why Jimmy just lets it slide as long as he can while dealing with everything else.

Jimmy tries to help his brother and sometimes all you can do with a crying toddler who insists there is a monster under the bed is play along. Saul would tell him straight up he's faking it, it's a mental disorder like hearing voices, now piss off.

Question about Jurassic World. It's explained that the public is losing interest with dinosaurs so they start combining the DNA to make super ultra cool ones in secret. But the park is loving insane busy. There's what, several thousand people there? Thirty, fifty? Seeing as it's an island and you can only have so many people there safely, the park seemed at max capacity. So either someone really wanted to LEGO piece some dinosaurs or the park had a free day, which might explain the money issues.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Question about Jurassic World. It's explained that the public is losing interest with dinosaurs so they start combining the DNA to make super ultra cool ones in secret. But the park is loving insane busy. There's what, several thousand people there? Thirty, fifty? Seeing as it's an island and you can only have so many people there safely, the park seemed at max capacity. So either someone really wanted to LEGO piece some dinosaurs or the park had a free day, which might explain the money issues.

Well the military did really want to lego some dinosaurs, my irational moment with that movie is why the gently caress did they make it so loving big? the final product is supposed to be a tacticool super raptor did they just add the t-rex poo poo as a park draw because they thought verizon wouldn't sponsor a small dino?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Elfgames posted:

Well the military did really want to lego some dinosaurs, my irational moment with that movie is why the gently caress did they make it so loving big? the final product is supposed to be a tacticool super raptor did they just add the t-rex poo poo as a park draw because they thought verizon wouldn't sponsor a small dino?

I thought they were only focusing on the Raptor's for the military. The new one was to increase interest in the park. It could have been a thing were based off projections they were noticing less and less people were coming.