Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

holy poo poo encyclopedia brown you cracked the case (in the same conversation Chloe mentions hooking up with girls, she also mentions hooking up with guys)

Let me tell you about a trope this reminds me of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StrawFeminist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

What in the gently caress is wrong with you people?

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
I'm worried it might be another case of... Teen 'Tude.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I apologize for losing my patience, that's just the third time in about as many pages that I've had to say "yes she is bi".

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
This thread got hella gay.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
I was thinking it'd be cool if you could take a third option when going back to the bathroom scene.

Step out and confront Nathan without using time travel, but using all the knowledge you've gained throughout the game - both in pure information and social negotiation skills - to talk him down in a weaving conversation tree like the Frank one. Everything comes to a head in a final negotiation where Max gets to show her transformation as a person from Ep1 to Ep5.

At the same time I realise that wouldn't work within the game's universe because you've still used time travel to change things, even if you've gone back to a time before you used time travel. I think even in the Chloe alternate universe where Max had travelled way back into her past there were beached whales on the shore? So changing the timeline obviously has an effect, whether you actually time travelled in that timeline or not.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Torgo2727 posted:

This thread got hella gay.

Speaking of which....

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Thanks to the goon on this thread that recommended the game to me

Really enjoyed it I'm definately replaying it gonna treat Jefferson like the scumbag he is from the start

The voice acting and soundtrack were spot on

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I thought the ending choice was disappointing but I liked the nightmare sequence.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plom Bar posted:

I apologize for losing my patience, that's just the third time in about as many pages that I've had to say "yes she is bi".

It's not stated one way or another.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Moriatti posted:

Hey guys, remember when we posted joke videos and discussed the themes of the game?

So what do you guys think the butterfly and bird came to ultimately represent? Both have a pretty strong tie to Chloe, I would argue that the butterfly is a physical manifestation of her and Max's relationship, but I didn't see it in their end, so I could be wrong here.

The bird and/or butterfly are obviously Chloe's spirit animals. The mass bird die off just represents how many times you've tried to save Chloe and failed in each split timeline.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The bird and/or butterfly are obviously Chloe's spirit animals. The mass bird die off just represents how many times you've tried to save Chloe and failed in each split timeline.

who is the whale in this metaphor

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Alder posted:

I thought the ending choice was disappointing but I liked the nightmare sequence.

Nightmare sequence started off cool and good and I kind of wish they didn't run out of time so it could be better

Larry Parrish posted:

It's not stated one way or another.

Can't you two argue about this like literally anywhere else? Tumblr or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AriadneThread posted:

This thread

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Sakurazuka posted:

This thread

If only.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

Warren obvs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

AriadneThread posted:

Big Boss' thirst for revenge, duh.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I played ths game and saw that like 60% of people chose to smooch Warren in Ep 5

Some of those people have to be hiding in this thread, so please tell me what the hell your damage is, please and thank you

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Instant Grat posted:

I played ths game and saw that like 60% of people chose to smooch Warren in Ep 5

Some of those people have to be hiding in this thread, so please tell me what the hell your damage is, please and thank you

I ignored his nerdy rear end

Didn't realise people actually went with the kiss option

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Instant Grat posted:

Warren is a pretty nice guy. I like him.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You disgust me

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Instant Grat posted:

You disgust me

Even as a friend Warren is just so much better than Chloe in every possible way.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Instant Grat posted:

He's about to get horrifically owned by a storm I caused and it's not like I'll have to see him next morning, it's more of an End of Evangelion situation than anything romantic.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Snackula posted:

He's about to get horrifically owned by a storm I caused and it's not like I'll have to see him next morning, it's more of an End of Evangelion situation than anything romantic.

given how much of an obsessed stalker Warren is, it would not surprise me if he'd done the opening of EoE in Max's room while she was sleeping

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Instant Grat posted:

given how much of an obsessed stalker Warren is, it would not surprise me if he'd done the opening of EoE in Max's room while she was sleeping

He's not an obsessed stalker, actually. It is pretty normal to wait for someone near their dorm.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
People in this thread took it as a given that Warren personally put up all the Go Ape posters to advertise the drive-in so he could rape women.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Junkfist posted:

People in this thread took it as a given that Warren personally put up all the Go Ape posters to advertise the drive-in so he could rape women.

Nothing brings out the babes like classic sci-fi.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Can't fuckin believe that Max caused the storm by repeatedly saving Alyssa from getting bonked on the head, and in the end had to make the hardest decision of all: let the town be destroyed, or go back and let some frat boy bonk Alyssa with a pool noodle so she falls in the water

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
The prompt to hug/kiss/ignore was so weirdly on the nose I decided to do nothing, but it's only because I didn't really feel anything for Arcadia Bay's residents by this point, Warren included. No town in the world can be saved if it gives shelters to those loving bottles, so you can eat this dump, tornado. Still, lol at people who decided that waiting for your friend/crush so as to appear casually meeting them is a sign of a disorder.

Come to think of it, how does Warren react to a kiss/hug? Does he say something indicating he was expecting either? He didn't comment on not being touched.

The nightmare sequences were cool for a while, and then overstayed their welcome - I wish it was just psychological, whenever the game tried for actual gameplay it felt lacking; I was making fun of TellTale Games formula of little to no gameplay, but maybe there's something to it. Those "jokes" about tired sequences also didn't help.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
When the option to kiss, hug, or do nothing to Warren came up before photo-hopping, I mashed do nothing so quick my mouse caught on fire

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Szurumbur posted:

Come to think of it, how does Warren react to a kiss/hug? Does he say something indicating he was expecting either? He didn't comment on not being touched.

You get in there pretty good for a Spirits Within fan and then there are a couple of lines where Warren wants to tell you something but Max cuts him off to say she knows and swears to only make good choices from that point forward. I'm assuming at least part of this happens regardless based on how far they move apart to have this conversation.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As a straight male playing a game where the main character is a young woman, I find the possibility of kissing a male really troubling. But Warren is totally worth it. And also reasons why people don't like him are stupid. And I am not serious in the first sentence, but it is true that many boy gamers wouldn't want to catch the gay from kissing Warren. That's an actual thing. Even publishers who okay games with female protagonists are anxious when there is female on male kissing/sexing, because their focus groups apparently consist entirely of stereotypical American frat boys or something. Those focus groups are okay with hot lesbian fun times, obviously.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
I thought Warren was pretty cute so I kissed him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'd have kissed Warren but the moment just felt wrong

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'd have probably reacted differently had I known it was the last chance for any action before murdering him and continuing on with a life on the lam with My Platonic Best Friend Whom I Had Already Murdered Once Chloe, but oh well, no second chances in this world, life truly is strange.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 2, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was gonna kiss him but then changed my mind halfway through

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Raise your hand if you didn't rewind time when Warren's science experiment blew up in his dumb face

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Who doesn't want to go ape?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Spudd posted:

Who doesn't want to go ape?

I do!

Just not with Warren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Raise your hand if you didn't rewind time when Warren's science experiment blew up in his dumb face

I thought this was the right result until the game told me it wasn't at the end. :shrug:

• Locked thread