Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Hope you guys approve of my new $6450.00 knife.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 23:35 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Decided I needed a new blanket, went on amazon and bought this for $20

Aww yeah

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This thread is at its best when people get mad because someone spent a lot of money on a thing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Decided I needed a new blanket, went on amazon and bought this for $20

Aww yeah

Why not just get the one for $8 at Walmart

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

PCOS Bill posted:

He'd have to leave the house and go out to a public place and gently caress that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

I did stop at Bed Bath and Beyond first but couldn't find anything good

e: besides, $8 will probably get you a throw, but I wanted a full sized blanket

e2: I also wanted to pick up a new showerhead when I was there too but apparently they don't carry those??

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Oct 31, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rad Lieutenant posted:

He'd have to leave the house and go out to a public place and gently caress that.

I suggest he not gently caress that in a public place.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

There are stores that sell all manner of home goods. You should try those.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Digital_Jesus posted:

There are stores that sell all manner of home goods. You should try those.

Agreed. Amazon is pretty great for this.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Keket posted:

I'm going to look fabulous.

I'd actually buy that if it didn't have the cheetah print. I used to love the planes painted with teeth as a kid. I'd totally rock that in helmet form.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I bought the material to make these.

I am proud of the fire pit, I have never done Mason work and I had to learn how to cut bricks with a chisel and mini sledge. Now it is time to get out the smores and beer to break this thing in properly.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I bought a 48 pack of crayola pencil crayons to color in an adult coloring book. Yes, they exist, and yes, I bought one. It's fun.

Anyways, why is there only one purple in the entire 48 pack, and why is it lovely??

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

Mr_Angry posted:

It's been a tough year for my wife and this Christmas will be hard for her due to the recent loss of a loved one so I decided to just get us away for a bit as it's getting cold where we are and she's been talking about a beach vacation. Found the perfect (I hope) spot and will be flying us in style to Kenya where we'll be off the coast of Mombasa on a private resort. Only four cottages, no more than 10 people allowed at any time and our own private beach with snorkeling and at times dolphins just a few feet away.

I'm not sure which of the four cottages we'll get but they are all similar to the two photos I show below. I don't look forward to the mosquito nets and malaria pills but I do look forward to the slow mornings, strong Kenyan coffee and sitting around doing a whole bunch of nothing.

Buy the more expensive malaria pills, some of the cheap ones can gently caress you up. If you have to bring your own netting, get one thats treated with something that keeps the bugs away. Also mozzie netting is very romantic, so just enjoy it :) Maybe consider buying and bringing your own snorkling gear, get the snorkels with a blow vent or whatever they're called and don't forget flippers!

I've been to Kenya before, but it was many years ago, I envy you and I hope this holiday gives your wife some much needed cheer and relaxation. It's a fantastic place, good food, good people. You should try to do a little safari, the animals there are beautiful and so are the national parks. Or heck, go for a ride in a hot air balloon. Next time I'm going to Kenya it'll be to climb the mountain, goddamnit this is a good purchase and honestly the only thing I've seen in this thread that I'd want.

Edit: I forgot - If you're leaving the resort at all, say to do a bit of tourist shopping, you should bring some cheap disposable pens or pencils and give them out to kids. They use them for school and most schools lack supplies, so they'll be glad to have them.

Meanwhile here autumn is well and truly underway and it's getting cold, so I got myself a new jacket to replace my Fjallraven Greenland jacket/parka, because everybody is wearing these here now. When I got it a few years ago they weren't so popular and the run was limited, but now I even see kids wearing them, so I've had to give it up, because wearing it makes me feel like a stooge. So when this was on halloween/samhain sale yesterday I picked it up:

prinneh has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Nov 1, 2015

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

This thread is at its best when people get mad because someone spent a lot of money on a thing.

Yep

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Rythe posted:

I am proud of the fire pit, I have never done Mason work and I had to learn how to cut bricks with a chisel and mini sledge. Now it is time to get out the smores and beer to break this thing in properly.

That thing looks big enough to sacrifice children in.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert
I bought a shitload more Christmas lights. I think the hoa will have an emergency meeting this Jan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I had Christmas lights up 2009-2012 so that's like over a thousand Christmases' worth.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't even put this on my movie shelf, why did I buy this?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Framptonlive posted:

Looks like the old Total Recall packaging.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Framptonlive posted:

It was also super mediocre.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Looking forward to getting a copy of The Home Economics Story that doesn't have a bunch of artifacting in it.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

We have a winner, the pic is from Aliexpress, land of the cheap knockoff, and the knife I have looks 100% identical to the one in that pic. The knife is seriously overbuilt and way too large, and almost assuredly was a Chinese knock off of the real Praetorian, but I didn't want to call my non-goon friend out in the post. I think that even if it was like $20, it's like a wacky prop knife (that can really injure you) more than a serious pocket knife. I'm still carrying the ~$100 Kershaw I posted about a couple of months ago as my daily, but it's so nice I find myself unlikely to really use it to cut anything more strenuous than cellophane tape.

I will say that just about anyone over the age of 12 could use that Praetorian as a kick-rear end window breaker in a pinch, but that's not enough to make me carry a kilo of folding knife around.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Found here, because there was a Facebook ad promo code that literally dropped it to $1 with prime shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FMJDJ5C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

So the coupon code finally popped up for me. Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but here it is if you want to try it! W74Z-Q3ZXBH-GRQHJ3

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oddhair posted:

We have a winner, the pic is from Aliexpress, land of the cheap knockoff, and the knife I have looks 100% identical to the one in that pic. The knife is seriously overbuilt and way too large, and almost assuredly was a Chinese knock off of the real Praetorian, but I didn't want to call my non-goon friend out in the post. I think that even if it was like $20, it's like a wacky prop knife (that can really injure you) more than a serious pocket knife. I'm still carrying the ~$100 Kershaw I posted about a couple of months ago as my daily, but it's so nice I find myself unlikely to really use it to cut anything more strenuous than cellophane tape.

I will say that just about anyone over the age of 12 could use that Praetorian as a kick-rear end window breaker in a pinch, but that's not enough to make me carry a kilo of folding knife around.

Don't shame the tactical cinderblock I carry in my cargo pants.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

PleasusChrist posted:

So the coupon code finally popped up for me. Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but here it is if you want to try it! W74Z-Q3ZXBH-GRQHJ3

It said the promotional code is not valid. Shoot. My wife broke our french press and we have been looking for a new one.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Oddhair posted:

I carry a $12 Opinel and I'm not sure why anyone would need anything bigger for an EDC unless they're a legit hunter.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I carry a $12 Opinel and I'm not sure why anyone would need anything bigger for an EDC unless they're a legit hunter.

You never know when you might have to baton some wood.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In case of home invasion.

You use it to threaten the homeowners.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought a game because i had money on my steam account from selling cards i got for free playing other games i had

it is fun and a good expansion and worth the money i think

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

In order to make Crocodile Dundee jokes references?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

tomstuart posted:

i bought a game because i had money on my steam account from selling cards i got for free playing other games i had

it is fun and a good expansion and worth the money i think

Agreed, it's been a really fun expansion to a game that was getting pretty stale.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Scarf posted:

Agreed, it's been a really fun expansion to a game that was getting pretty stale.

the new game modes (greed) bosses (hush) and items are good but its the daily run thing that may keep me coming back

new challenges are fun too

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Indirectly bought so much fuckin' - just realized tickets for Trans-Siberian Orchestra went on sale and managed to get decent-ish seats for my wife and I. She is.... excited.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

How about some loving delicious whiskey?

Oh god it's so good.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nikka please.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

strangemusic posted:

Oh god it's so good.

I hope my place carries this. drat YOU PA! :argh:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Give me some suggestions for getting into Japanese whiskey. I usually drink speyside scotches and have mixed drinks with rye or bourbon.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

strangemusic posted:

Oh god it's so good.

Wanna smell this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

strangemusic posted:

Oh god it's so good.

Had this for the first time two weeks ago. So good.