Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Are there likely to be any more types of american soldiers developed for mars attacks? I'm looking at them as a good source of modern day soldiers, but they're obviously limited in scope. mantic doing modern plastic shoot mans would actually be quite awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

lilljonas posted:

Got my Dungeon Saga (just springed just box A). It looks like what I guess is the Blake mini had his head... torn off? Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, one of my orcs has one axe broken and hanging by a string of plastic. Does yours have the head actually torn off, or just missing/detached?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Pierzak posted:

Yes, one of my orcs has one axe broken and hanging by a string of plastic. Does yours have the head actually torn off, or just missing/detached?

It's just gone, and the neck area looks pretty... torn? I can't find the actual head, so I was wondering if the head is supposed to be a separate head piece, and that I'm just missing it, or if it is supposed to be a single piece, and mine's just broken.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Nope, it's one piece, so it's probably damage during casting process.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Leperflesh posted:

I think it's gonna take you ages to saw through plastic with a little saw. What I've seen on youtube suggests the best way is with some beefy clippers. If you have decent hand strength, anyway.

It actually goes surprisingly fast. I mean the blade is like 6 inches long.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

xutech posted:

Are there likely to be any more types of american soldiers developed for mars attacks? I'm looking at them as a good source of modern day soldiers, but they're obviously limited in scope. mantic doing modern plastic shoot mans would actually be quite awesome.

The Mars attacks soldiers are really cool looking imho. Actually the Martians themselves look great and are a really thematic force. Seeing them all lined up on the table looks fantastic.
As a force their cohesive creepy look really nails it, similar to necron armies.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

signalnoise posted:

It actually goes surprisingly fast. I mean the blade is like 6 inches long.

ohhh, OK. A long time ago I got these little razor saw blades for my x-acto knife and they're OK for cutting like, a little piece of wood or something, but for plastic they take forever to do anything with. I thought we were talking about those.

A jeweler's saw is probably way faster.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

xutech posted:

I pointed out that they'd be the only producer of plastic American modern infantry in the market during the kickstarter and they got a bit hmmmm.

In other news they emailed me saying they only had a partial address for me and asking me to clarify, so I seized the chance to list what I haven't got from the other kickstarters I backed so hopefully that can get sorted out.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Too old for this poo poo.

Two weeks away from retirement.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Agitatin my sciatica

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My instructions were literally "Danny Glover, as a halfling, who joined the disc world night watch, with a big rear end crossbow".

De-loving-livered.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That is a pretty amazing mini. I'd totally use that for Frostgrave or something.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

My instructions were literally "Danny Glover, as a halfling, who joined the disc world night watch, with a big rear end crossbow".

De-loving-livered.

What's the backstory here? Did you get to make a custom figurine?

Also a fantastic mini by the by.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I love how there's just the slightest hint of Mel Brooks in that expression.

Is this going into wide release or is it just for you, LA?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LordAba posted:

Too old for this poo poo.

Two weeks away from retirement.

I want one.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, he was a make your character from Dungeon Saga. He was also the first D&D character I made. Good old Samgone Ellwood Jacksington. Wasted a feat so I could ride on the parties Barbarian's shoulders as a master-blaster mini turret.

I'm pretty sure he will be available to everyone, and I assume he will be packaged separately since, you know, the base game has already shipped.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

poo poo. I need that guy. That is a loving fantastic sculpt.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:drat: Mantic have stepped up their sculpting game with that figure. Hope the real model turns out as well.

Too bad the new tubby Dragon is terrible.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Zark the Damned posted:

Too bad the new tubby Dragon is terrible.

Really? I love the tubby dragon. Seems like a pretty classic european dragon to me.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
That dragon owns.

E:

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 3, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I rather like it as well.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
That halfling. Well played sir!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I prefer the old Mantic dragon. It feels more like the old Prince Imrik to me and that's what I want.

In other news, I think my emails to Mantic are going directly into their recycling bin. It shouldn't take 3 weeks to say, "Yes, we know which address to mail to." It always annoys me when a company doesn't want to take my money.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Atlas Hugged posted:

I prefer the old Mantic dragon. It feels more like the old Prince Imrik to me and that's what I want.

You should try the new one coming with Reaper Bones III if you can't find an old Mantic one, much of the same thing but bigger and more imposing imo.

I like the new one as a dungeon dragon grown fat from spending all day guarding his hoard, and since I'm getting one with Dungeon Saga I'll be able to tell with my own eyes whether it'll work for me as a KoW dragon before committing to one.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

You should try the new one coming with Reaper Bones III if you can't find an old Mantic one, much of the same thing but bigger and more imposing imo.

I like the new one as a dungeon dragon grown fat from spending all day guarding his hoard, and since I'm getting one with Dungeon Saga I'll be able to tell with my own eyes whether it'll work for me as a KoW dragon before committing to one.

It's still listed on the Mantic website and I'd happily order one today if Mantic agreed to take my money. But I can't have everything I guess.

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
That halfling is absolutely amazing and I really want one to use as a Frostgrave marksman! Love at first sight.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Apparently whoever delivered my dungeon saga left it outside my parents house whilst they were on holiday and it got rained on. Won't know the damage until friday

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Phoon posted:

Apparently whoever delivered my dungeon saga left it outside my parents house whilst they were on holiday and it got rained on. Won't know the damage until friday

Everything paper is shrink wrapped, so it should be okay, so long as the wrap isn't torn.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I was hoping that would be the case thanks

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Here's my completed Elf starter army. This is the old set that include Seaguard instead of Palace Guard and it had an extra 10 spearmen in the box as well. I'm not a professional painter by any means, but I think overall it looks quite good.

I have not quite figured out what I want to do with the shields. I was thinking I might freehand some Chinese characters on them (maybe something literal like 矛) or I might try and track down some good transfers. The frustrating thing about them is those two grooves that horizontally split the shield and would ruin any long transfers stuck on them.

I'd like to expand with the dragon, some forest shamblers, cavalry, palace guard, and another block of archers. Hopefully I can get my issues with Mantic's customer service sorted shortly!

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Got my stuff KoW stuff from Mantic late last week. I get home yesterday and there's another box from Mantic on my porch containing another box of Basileans sent on 10/20. It didn't have my hardcover or the extra stuff, so I have no idea what the hell.

Pray for me, those models look like a total pain in the rear end to assemble compared to some others I've seen. Why my kid picked them, I'll never know. I tried to get him to pick Ogres. :suicide:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Dungeon Saga isn't showing up in the US yet, right? I looked at the cargo ship tracker and it looks like it's outside of Japan.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

moths posted:

Dungeon Saga isn't showing up in the US yet, right? I looked at the cargo ship tracker and it looks like it's outside of Japan.

The tracker's been stuck there since the 26th and won't update again 'til it's in range of shore. But yeah, not in the US yet.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Got my Dungeon Saga yesterday :canada: It's a fun set, there's a large mix of cardboard dungeon tiles, hard plastic minis and scenery that can easily be adapted to D&D or other systems. The hard plastic doors and scenery are fun, and I think chubby dragon has better angles than the ones shot for the Elf Lord picture.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I'm really looking forward to Dungeon Saga! What is the quality like with the printed dungeon tiles?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I'm really looking forward to Dungeon Saga! What is the quality like with the printed dungeon tiles?

Kinda lovely. I mean, they look very good on their own, but the print is very easy to scratch and the plastic connectors they use instead of jigsaw connectors don't help.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Played my first game of Kings of War last night at the FLGS. It was a lot of fun and easy to learn and generated a bunch of curiosity from the other players. Unfortunately the owner hates ordering from Mantic because of how disorganized they are and given my experience with them the last month, I can't disagree. I still can't place an order with them. In any case, we're going to be focusing on getting people with old fantasy armies to come give it a try. Apparently there are still some 7E hold-outs who hang around the store and Age of Sigmar hasn't gotten any traction. So if Mantic could just get their act together they could actually get some new players here.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

You're my hero. The razor saw is such an improvement over what I was doing before. The only downsides are that my fingers have to be uncomfortably close to the foot to saw off the remainder of the bases on the ones that I'd used the snippers on and my table is now full of plastic dust so I think I need to get a face mask before continuing. Thanks again!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Atlas Hugged posted:

Played my first game of Kings of War last night at the FLGS. It was a lot of fun and easy to learn and generated a bunch of curiosity from the other players. Unfortunately the owner hates ordering from Mantic because of how disorganized they are and given my experience with them the last month, I can't disagree. I still can't place an order with them. In any case, we're going to be focusing on getting people with old fantasy armies to come give it a try. Apparently there are still some 7E hold-outs who hang around the store and Age of Sigmar hasn't gotten any traction. So if Mantic could just get their act together they could actually get some new players here.

A friend and I pushed KoW pretty hard after AoS and now most of the old fantasy players play KoW (the rest play 9th age)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
That's the plan. It will be much easier to push once Mantic gets their customer service act together.