Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I had to look up what a Necco wafer is.

Clove?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm allergic to everything but gluten and peanuts

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Males not entirely averse to female strangers or acquaintances touching their business

Also moderately uncomfortable with a sexual partner touching:

side of head
shoulder
taint
anywhere besides chin chest shoulderblades

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Clove?!

They're not bad, just kinda chalky disks of sweetness with a mild clove flavor. Not my favorite, but I never really eat candy anyway.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

No. 6 posted:

They're not bad, just kinda chalky disks of sweetness with a mild clove flavor. Not my favorite, but I never really eat candy anyway.

It's a Massachusetts / New England thing. Like Fluffernuters.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
necco wafers are p. good, but definitely an alien candy from an alternate universe

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

If that flyer instead said, "This Halloween, please make sure you have some candies for people with severe allergies like my son. You'd really make his night special" I'd have no problem with it.

Lots of idiots get trolled by a low level concern troll I see.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Vsauce posted a video on this topic today. Strangely enough, it's quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat
What's more hot right now

Gluten free

Or being trancegender

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

trance-gender is when you spend all your time at the club

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

that's not really a fair comparison bc gluten free is just another expression of a longstanding diet fad in our culture (and many other cultures have had a lot of focus on superstitious dieting) while transgender is part of a much newer discourse

so probably transgender is "hotter" bc it's newer in a more fundamental way

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tarkus posted:

Vsauce posted a video on this topic today. Strangely enough, it's quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

i like this style of video because it's like he pops up from blowing me every 40 seconds or so

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Yes some kids have Celiac, but I have a weird feeling that that parent is a more common condition for a kid to have.

Also, eating Necco wafers is worse than eating no candy. If I could choose between having a ton of Necco wafers and having nothing, I would pick the Necco wafers because I could sell them to a store that doesn't mind retailing bad things, but any less and I'd be like "what am I gonna do with these Necco wafers, because eating them is out of the question"

I might blow them up in a field somewhere, that could be cool actually.

If we're lucky, that kid will one day grow to become the head of Necco Incorporated, and replace them with something else because of his lifelong hatred borne of his mother shoving wafer after wafer into his mouth, screaming "YOU ARE NOT DEVASTATED, MY SON!!!!"

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 2, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Clove?!

Every flavor is some weird thing you wouldn't expect the color to taste like. Like there's anise, and the purple one is something weird that may be lavendar (it tastes like you're eating perfume or something).

Also Necco wafers are great, like

Stinky_Pete posted:

Yes some kids have Celiac, but I have a weird feeling that that parent is a more common condition for a kid to have.

Also, eating Necco wafers is worse than eating no candy. If I could choose between having a ton of Necco wafers and having nothing, I would pick the Necco wafers because I could sell them to a store that doesn't mind retailing bad things, but any less and I'd be like "what am I gonna do with these Necco wafers, because eating them is out of the question"

I might blow them up in a field somewhere, that could be cool actually.

If we're lucky, that kid will one day grow to become the head of Necco Incorporated, and replace them with something else because of his lifelong hatred borne of his mother shoving wafer after wafer into his mouth, screaming "YOU ARE NOT DEVASTATED, MY SON!!!!"

gently caress this guy.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Necco wafers suck when you're a kid but they are great as an adult with the ability to taste flavors beyond "all the sugar"

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

SqueePower posted:

What's more hot right now

Gluten free

Or being trancegender

Gorean Tarnsgender is actually the new hotness:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

i like eating perfume and gently caress you if you don't

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
I love Necco wafers, reminds me of old candy cigarettes. Not quite old-timey candy, but definitely not modern. Hard to find though, at least around here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How would you even describe the texture of a necco wafer? Compressed Pepto Bismol maybe?

I agree they are pretty good once you get past how weird they are. I doubt any kid on earth likes them though. "ooh what is this strawberry? Oh wait it's potpourri"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The pepto flavors and the clove are the best. :)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Mr.Booger posted:

I love Necco wafers, reminds me of old candy cigarettes. Not quite old-timey candy, but definitely not modern. Hard to find though, at least around here.

I've eaten Necco wafers exactly one time in my life, and they were in some bumfuck middle-of-nowhere convenience store and bait shop. I've never found them anywhere else.

e: Oh hell yes http://www.amazon.com/Necco-Assorte...ds=necco+wafers

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

They're crazy bad. The only way they can afford to stay in business is by costing penny shavings to make and being able to sit on a store shelf for decades before accidental purchase and consumption

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the chocolate ones are the best :cheers:

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

How would you even describe the texture of a necco wafer? Compressed Pepto Bismol maybe?

I agree they are pretty good once you get past how weird they are. I doubt any kid on earth likes them though. "ooh what is this strawberry? Oh wait it's potpourri"

Pepto Bismol makes chewables, and you're on the right track with that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MurderBot posted:

"please don't exclude my child from eating atrocious amounts of candy and becoming obese."

That's the kid who's mom makes him wear a helmet and goggles during a chess match... Also speed chess is too intense and thus banned from the house.

the game of chess is like a sword fight; you must think first before you move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTcsWmkYg68

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dudes, just got to any Dollar General and they have Necco Wafers right at the registers, along with motherfucking Clark Bars (made by the same company). Both candies rule (although your Dollar Generals may vary).

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
So are the wafers like the valentines hearts? Because those are pretty alright

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

blugu64 posted:

Yep, made by the same company.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
my dad says Necco wafers are made by squirting toothpaste on a counter and letting it dry

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thanks to having no driver's license and living close to home, I can graduate easily from college debt-free and straight to a political analyst job! BAHAHAHAHAHA! :bernin:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

the game of chess is like a sword fight; you must think first before you move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTcsWmkYg68

what is it with russians and chess?

like, why they dig it so much? is it because all their sporting equipment was melted into tank parts during wwii?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Grand Prize Winner posted:

what is it with russians and chess?

like, why they dig it so much? is it because all their sporting equipment was melted into tank parts during wwii?

"Maybe in uhhhhh 14 years...we can become olympic"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mr.Booger posted:

Say what you want, I fukken loved these things as a kid.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

blugu64 posted:

yeah, it's actually the only way to get some of the old sweethearts flavors that they replaced a couple years ago with whatever abominable bullshit they are now

every year I buy a box hoping they've gone back to the old flavors and no luck so far

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Say what you want, I fukken loved these things as a kid.

They've been updated I see

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

They've been updated I see

Millennials are loving faddots.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

The pepto flavors and the clove are the best. :)

i love necco wafers and have for 30 years. here is a handy flavor legend:

pink=birch
blue=lavender
brown=chocolate
black=anise
white=cinnamon
orange=taint

unfortunately no clove ones

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I don't mind lavender and clove and stuff being used to accent things, but Necco Wafers just taste like opening up a spice jar and pouring it in your mouth.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
What color is the Necco Wafers lets run this poo poo into the ground flavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mad Monk posted:

What color is the Necco Wafers lets run this poo poo into the ground flavor?

Palmetto

• Locked thread