Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Chilichimp posted:

EHEM! Falcons-Saints, bitch.

hahaha, I should of put a disclaimer that it's not a definitive list, I have no idea how to untangle the NFCS rivarlies. What about Panthers-Falcons or Saints-Panthers?

Nail Rat posted:

You'd still have that if the division winner got in, but was hosted by the wild card if they had a losing record (since there's no way in hell two losing teams would make it from the same division).

Also :lol: at Browns-Steelers being listed due to the division playoff spot. I don't think it's really much of an issue for the 1999-on browns so far.

It happened back in '02 and '07 so some Browns fans still consider them their nemesis rather than the Ravens. I also have a AFCN bias.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GaussianCopula posted:

PFT finally came up with a good term for the phenomenon that most teams are really bad after they lost to the Patriots:

"post-Pats-partum depression"

I prefer "post-getting cheated depression"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

PFT finally came up with a good term for the phenomenon that most teams are really bad after they lost to the Patriots:

cool story bro

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

GaussianCopula posted:

Wouldn't "post-Patsum depression" be a better bad pun?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GaussianCopula posted:

They're just feeling deflated.

Post pats partum depression doesn't even make sense.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

I'm just happy people are finally talking about the Panthers :unsmith:

I feel like Charlotte and the rest of the Carolinas has finally bandwagon embraced the Panthers as our home team for the first time since the early 00's, and going to live games is a real experience. I heard something about the players complaining back in 2013 that playing at home didn't feel like an advantage to them, and you can tell the production and entertainment departments for Panthers really took that to heart.

Of course, winning helps a lot too.

Everyone here is obsessed with stupid college sports.

I've been a fan since 2000 and haven't seen a good fan base until recently. It used to be people watched college and didn't watch NFL, and a majority of the reasons for not watching the NFL was tinged by racism imo.

That these bitches are now fans doesn't change anything because the first bad year we have they'll all be gone.

It's the same with the Hurricanes. I don't watch hockey but like 10 years ago when the Hurricanes were competing for the Stanley cup finals there sure were a ton of canes fans (myself included).

Basically what I'm saying is since we have such good college teams in our state (UNC, Duke for basketball App state and ECU for football) no one really cares about pro sports here unless the teams are doing well

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
As a panthers fan our rival really could be anyone else in our division. Just depends on who's good that year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Magnus Gallant posted:

As a panthers fan our rival really could be anyone else in our division. Just depends on who's good that year.

I was hoping the Falcons/Panthers games would decide the division, but the way Atlanta keeps making GBS threads themselves on a weekly basis there is no way that is happening.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

SlipUp posted:

hahaha, I should of put a disclaimer that it's not a definitive list, I have no idea how to untangle the NFCS rivarlies. What about Panthers-Falcons or Saints-Panthers?

It's weird that the Bucs don't really have a rival. Yeah, there's the divisional stuff and I probably dislike the Falcons more than the other two teams, but that's just because I live in Atlanta.

Years ago I guess it was Green Bay but that's tapered off since we don't really ever play them.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GaussianCopula posted:

That German sense of humor.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sean10mm posted:

That German sense of humor.

We are the inventors of the best kind of humor, Schadenfreude.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I personally hate the saints so they'll be my personal rival. But they suck so often the games aren't usually any good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

I personally hate the saints so they'll be my personal rival. But they suck so often the games aren't usually any good.

They've been good for the better part of a decade and have a super bowl win in that time, what are you talking about?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

They've been good for the better part of a decade and have a super bowl win in that time, what are you talking about?

The last few years they've sucked.

Plus even if they're good they suck cause I hate them bub

Edit: as a fan of the NFC south you have to have a short memory seeing as before this iteration of the Panthers no division leader had ever repeated.

Magnus Gallant fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 3, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GaussianCopula posted:

"good" being extremely subjective

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Magnus Gallant posted:

The last few years they've sucked.

Plus even if they're good they suck cause I hate them bub

Edit: as a fan of the NFC south you have to have a short memory seeing as before this iteration of the Panthers no division leader had ever repeated.

Do you even claim a 7-win division title or just feel bad about it?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You claim it, then stomp the poo poo out of the Saints ;)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I hate the Falcons the most no matter how much of a threat they are, but I have plenty of hatred for the Saints as well. As far as the Panthers' players are concerned, it seems like New Orleans is enemy No. 1, so those games are always chippy and have that rivalry feel to them. I dislike the Bucs, but they've been spinning their wheels long enough that I can't really get too fired up about them. They're a divisional opponent, so my stake in those games is higher by default, but that's about as deep as it goes.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I would have felt bad about it if we lost our playoff game. But we didn't so. . .

But yeah our division was horrible that year and it was really hard watching such bad football haha

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

They're just feeling deflated.

Post pats partum depression doesn't even make sense.

This is the correctest post on the issue

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Magnus Gallant posted:

I would have felt bad about it if we lost our playoff game. But we didn't so. . .

But yeah our division was horrible that year and it was really hard watching such bad football haha

You barely beat a team led by future first ballot hof qb Ryan Lindley tho...

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

That Works posted:

You claim it and never stop finding it hilarious and awesome.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RumbleFish posted:

I hate the Falcons the most no matter how much of a threat they are, but I have plenty of hatred for the Saints as well. As far as the Panthers' players are concerned, it seems like New Orleans is enemy No. 1, so those games are always chippy and have that rivalry feel to them. I dislike the Bucs, but they've been spinning their wheels long enough that I can't really get too fired up about them. They're a divisional opponent, so my stake in those games is higher by default, but that's about as deep as it goes.

Feel about the same. Falcons hate goes back for a lifetime and cannot be replaced. Carolina being better makes those games more and more important especially in the Newton era. The Bucs I actually kinda hoped good things for when it wasn't going to gently caress us over but now as long as Winston is there I hope they are an embarrassing failure until hes gone.

Intruder posted:

eh tu Intruder?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

That Works posted:

Going to the playoffs is always better than not going to the playoffs.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Shath Hole posted:

yeah they barely set the nfl record for fewest yards allowed in the playoffs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

Going to the playoffs is always better than not going to the playoffs.

What if your quarterback is Brian Hoyer? Dropping to 21 in the draft takes the fun out of it a little bit

That Works posted:

eh tu Intruder?

:grin: It was too easy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

What if your quarterback is Brian Hoyer? Dropping to 21 in the draft takes the fun out of it a little bit

If you'd rather have a good draft pick than make the playoffs you deserve your lovely franchise

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I am not aware of who you're talking about, but I am aware that the panthers rule no matter what.

Id marry them if it didn't end up with me getting lynched by NC religious nut jobs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

If you'd rather have a good draft pick than make the playoffs you deserve your lovely franchise

What if I'd rather have a good QB and a team that can compete for several years instead of being bounced from the playoffs by 30+ and then going back to the basement?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

:grin: It was too easy

Our quarterback was jake delhomme, Chris wienke and also Derek Carr.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Delhomme was still good at that time

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

this but also for rooting for your team to lose in general.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Delhomme was still good at that time

Then he threw five ints in a playoff game after we went 12-4

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

What if I'd rather have a good QB and a team that can compete for several years instead of being bounced from the playoffs by 30+ and then going back to the basement?

You're in the basement WITH the high draft picks

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Intruder posted:

No, you Play To Win The Game and you should be thrilled with a six win season and a mid 1st round pick.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I've watched a lot of really bad qbs start being a panthers fan.

Jake delhomme was good until he wasn't.

Chris wienke was never good.

Derek Carr was alright for a game or two.

Matt Moore looked pretty good once.

Luke mccown is good.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Magnus Gallant posted:

Even I'm still sad about that one.

It's also a reason I can't hate Carolina as much as ATL, Delhomme and Mills both going there and being good.

Watching Roman Harper go there and get burned / gently caress up is fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

• Locked thread