Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sector_corrector posted:

You have a weird definition of complexity. Also, I'm not sure if you've ever walked around a Bethesda town, but you've literally described the behavior and function of most NPCs in their games. You asked who makes games as big as Bethesda, and the answer is: a lot of studios do.

I think if you're being honest you'll admit the average Witcher 3 NPC was way less complicated than an average Bethesda NPC. Hell a bunch of them were carbon copies of each other for the sole purpose of populating a town. If I pull my sword out and wave it around or attack a guard no one even really reacts.

All I'm saying is comparing graphics between an open world game (again, GTA and Saint's Row aren't anything particularly stellar in that department) to an FPS known for focusing on graphics is silly.

Also my definition of complexity is in terms of programming difficulty and resources/time spent. 'As big as' is meaningless; again: Witcher 3 has no physics system. Would you rather FO4 had slightly better graphics and flowy nice hair stuff instead of the physics it has? Daggerfall is the 'biggest' open world game coming to mind and obviously isn't as complex as any of the games we're discussing now.

My question was 'what open world games have amazing graphics AND all the other stuff too?' Pointing at Witcher, GTA, and Saint's Row is a bad answer.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

:thurman:

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

You're a loving moron.

Cheers mate!

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're

Fergus posted:

Did I strike a nerve? :banjo:

it's just a real tired-out lameass lovely thing to do, to pretend like you can't understand black people speaking to eachother for a big laff

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Fergus posted:

Cheers mate!

Cheers, the worst kind of cringe worthy nerd imaginable!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Fergus posted:

Did I strike a nerve? :banjo:

wow you really found some untapped agression there with that outwardly racist humor why didnt any other white fuckwit think of that

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

it's just a real tired-out lameass lovely thing to do, to pretend like you can't understand black people speaking to eachother for a big laff

How can I pretend to not understand something? There was plenty said there that I couldn't even make sense of. I never insisted any of it had to do with them being black.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is the best commentary i have ever heard for leaked video game footage. usually is just some whiny loving nerds sperging out but this convo is real by real people who actually leave their homes and i love it.

So if the neeerds in this topic called women ugly cows and said a bunch of toughguy bullshit, we'd be coooool real people.

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

In the video they refer to people as "retarded as gently caress" and talk about "beating the gently caress" out of people, they mention how a "bitch has no titties", etc... these gents in the video need your defense. But I get that what you're arguing about is a larger topic.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Stop melting down, everyone. We should be OK with casual racism; we have a black president, after all.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

strong bird posted:

Stop melting down, everyone. We should be OK with casual racism; we have a black president, after all.

The video mentions white people in a negative context, for example... yes, casual racism, as you mentioned. And sexism. Not that we need to have a seminar on the ramblings of a couple random guys in some video, but they didn't come across very positively.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
No longer wish to discuss race in a game thread. I need to stop pouring gasoline on a fire.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So uh fallout 4. New perk system seems cool. Gonna go for a swim probably.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Fergus posted:

No, black people can't be racist because they are prejudiced against.

Shut the gently caress up, put down the shovel, and stop posting.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Whitezombi posted:

HATE WATER

UNSURE

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

The video mentions white people in a negative context, for example... yes, casual racism, as you mentioned. And sexism. Not that we need to have a seminar on the ramblings of a couple random guys in some video, but they didn't come across very positively.

Counterpoint: You're also a fag.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

[Charisma 6] LOVE WATER!

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
loving lol this forum has become infiltrated to the point where people actually think F4 is going to be bad??

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Counterpoint: You're also a fag.

Racism = big no no, but referring to others as "fag" is acceptable. Got it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I cant wait to play this game and jack off to all the hot girls

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Holy poo poo. This is getting out of hand.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Fergus posted:

Racism = big no no, but referring to others as "fag" is acceptable. Got it.

spoken like a true human being

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nooner posted:

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

Nooner posted:

So sayeth the negro?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think some people need to chillax because the hype is getting to them.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

projecthalaxy posted:

So uh fallout 4. New perk system seems cool. Gonna go for a swim probably.

I'm going to play fallout 4

I still have to wait until the 9th at 2350, then I am going to drive to the store and go in and stand in line behind at least 3 really fat guys. They will be wearing fedoras, ankle-length coats, and fingerless leather gloves. They will have gross beards and smell like a trash bag filled with weeping cheese and improperly aged cuts of meat. Then I will get the game on physical media, which is what you call a disc these days. I will drive home and then put the game in the PS4 and start installing it. I hope to start playing it soon after that

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
So, should I get this on the console (PS4) or PC? I have a semi beefy PC but you never know... I also never finished any other Fallout games..

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

fallout 4: racist leak criticisms

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

GTA doesn't have particularly amazing graphics, Saint's Row DEFINITELY doesn't. Fallout 4 looks at least on par with both of those. I literally just played GTA5 last night on a good PC and it looks about the same as the FO4 footage.

GTA5 had great graphics on the 360, I was amazed Rockstar got that much out of the console. Compared to GTA4 it was a huge graphical upgrade. Maybe that's not relevant to the PC version, I don't know.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

What are usually the first mods to become available for Bethesda games when they are released? I think for Skyrim I remember a popular early "mod" was a .bat file you opened in the console to give you one of every enchanted item to disenchant.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

titties posted:

I'm going to play fallout 4

I still have to wait until the 9th at 2350, then I am going to drive to the store and go in and stand in line behind at least 3 really fat guys. They will be wearing fedoras, ankle-length coats, and fingerless leather gloves. They will have gross beards and smell like a trash bag filled with weeping cheese and improperly aged cuts of meat. Then I will get the game on physical media, which is what you call a disc these days. I will drive home and then put the game in the PS4 and start installing it. I hope to start playing it soon after that

Dont forget the part where you stand in line by yourself and download 20 more gigs. See you on the 11th.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Nooner posted:

I cant wait to play this game and jack off to all the hot girls

Nobody in this game is going to be hot

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

:yikes:

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
How will this compare to Diablo 2? That's the last real RPG I've played and I liked it a lot. It had a good amount of complexity and character development but with a rapid enough pace that you could play it for just like half an hour at a time and still have fun.

I tried to play Skyrim but just got really bored after like.... 1 hour. It was mostly walking around, talking to people, and avoiding monsters. It was stupid boring. Is this basically the same thing only Mad Max?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm going to download it from PSN because why would you possibly get a disc these days.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

So that video had a good deal of crafting stu..

:yikes:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i remember free horse armor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

null posted:

GTA5 had great graphics on the 360, I was amazed Rockstar got that much out of the console. Compared to GTA4 it was a huge graphical upgrade. Maybe that's not relevant to the PC version, I don't know.

They were good but compared to other games they weren't anything particularly phenomenal :shrug:

I mean I just played that poo poo last night and based on this thread you'd think it was some crazy bleeding edge graphics but it isn't. They're not bad, they're good, but if you want to compare it to something like Crysis then yeah they're just alright. Hell Crysis 1 has graphics on par with GTA5.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Minorkos posted:

fallout 4: racist leak criticisms

You can see how the power armor can get broken apart in one of the help's videos

https://vid.me/FP54

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sirbloody posted:

So, should I get this on the console (PS4) or PC? I have a semi beefy PC but you never know... I also never finished any other Fallout games..

Semi-beefy will almost certainly run the game better than any console version and you'll have the best access to mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Tenzarin posted:

Dont forget the part where you stand in line by yourself and download 20 more gigs. See you on the 11th.

Nah, there's always the fat guys. and me, i'm fat

Downloading the 20 gig day-1 patch is part of the installation process so I didn't forget that either, owned

• Locked thread