Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
If some of the content is locked behind automated downloads, as dataminers suspect it to be, I sure hope they've got better security than the SMB custom level database had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

RatHat posted:

Uh I just got the Quarter selling for 15c in the Greed Shop. Is that supposed to happen?

Don't worry. He'll make it up on volume!

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Don't think that this makes up for that one Haunt layout, Tiny Rooms

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The worst thing about tiny boss rooms is that they seemingly can't open the door to the Devil deal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Samuel Clemens posted:

The worst thing about tiny boss rooms is that they seemingly can't open the door to the Devil deal.

They can, but if you get unlucky and it opens on one of the side walls instead of the far one, it'll spawn where it normally would in a regular sized room and be inside the wall. :v:

Also:

Edmund on Twitter posted:

@nautiblou yup we will be patching and updating the game later this week with loads of tuning the bag wasnt intended to appear in greed mode

Get your licks in now folks, Greed Mode is getting patched in the mid-week update Edmund talked about a couple days ago.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 3, 2015

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.reddit.com/r/themoddingofisaac/comments/3rdcfn/i_believe_i_have_found_a_way_to_get_some_of_the/

http://i.imgur.com/ejFdipx.png
http://i.imgur.com/Y5rkq1K.png
http://i.imgur.com/Jt5ND29.png

new item spoilers, this is the coolest http://imgur.com/nCDV20Z.jpg

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

Eh, as far as I can tell the new items aren't anything you can't live without. And if you're just being a completionist, well, I think cheating would kinda defeat the purpose of being a completionist

Forcing a start with Holy Mantle or 9 Lives seems just as completionisty as holding R for an hour until you get one of those. The only things I have left to do with The Lost are Mega Satan and the new boss. Greed mode was easy once I knew how to break it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

BJPaskoff posted:

Forcing a start with Holy Mantle or 9 Lives seems just as completionisty as holding R for an hour until you get one of those. The only things I have left to do with The Lost are Mega Satan and the new boss. Greed mode was easy once I knew how to break it.

Speaking of which (upcoming content spoilers) It's been discovered that the Holy Mantle and Razor Blade are starting items for someone. The Lost has a conspicuous empty slot about the text where it says where he starts with the D4. Maybe Edmund finally caved and lets you unlock the Holy Mantle for him? No idea who the Razor Blade would be for. Maybe one of the new characters that has been discovered.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Speaking of which (upcoming content spoilers) It's been discovered that the Holy Mantle and Razor Blade are starting items for someone. The Lost has a conspicuous empty slot about the text where it says where he starts with the D4. Maybe Edmund finally caved and lets you unlock the Holy Mantle for him? No idea who the Razor Blade would be for. Maybe one of the new characters that has been discovered.

Razor blade is probably the would-be starting item for Eve since you unlock it by beating mom's heart/it lives Satan with her.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The Lost holds the Holy Mantle after you unlock all his items.

Calling it now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hahaha Sad bombs+Bomber Boy+Brimstone/Azazel is basically a gamewinning combo.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Calling it now.

Richard Hammer and CobaltStreak have done all The Lost runs on hard mode though and I haven't seen the game say he starts with anything besides the D4. I guess there could be more to it, but it could just as easily be tied to something else or just to an idea they scrapped maybe? I dunno.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Cobalt also got RPG without getting all the items yet :shrug:

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Richard Hammer and CobaltStreak have done all The Lost runs on hard mode though and I haven't seen the game say he starts with anything besides the D4. I guess there could be more to it, but it could just as easily be tied to something else or just to an idea they scrapped maybe? I dunno.

Maybe it unlocks when you clear the Forest with The Lost.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
maybe that junk text about the "paywall" means we'll have to pay to make the Lost any good :v:

that'd be just like Edmund to do that. "What, the internet did something I expected them not to do?! Time to go nuclear!"

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Calling it now.

When I was working on a mod for this, I wanted to have him start with God Head since you'd have to unlock it first and it is a really good item.

Also hey, I discovered a somewhat useful bug that's pretty easy to pull off.

In Greed Mode (and presumably in the regular game if you have the restock item and an item shuffle machine) if you bomb the shuffle machine at the same time that you pick up an item, all of the items will shuffle into the type of item you buy.

For example, buying a 15 coin item at the same time that your bomb detonates on the shuffle machine will make each item spawn as a 15 coin item. I didn't get a chance to try this on a sale item to see if that would make them all spawn as 7 coin items. This will then persist until you leave the room and use the shuffle machine again.

Here's a couple of screenshots.

One side effect of doing this is that two items would spawn in one shop slot after you bought something. I was dumb and didn't see if you can just buy both items but I'll check it out later.

E: Just confirmed you don't get both items when they get stacked on top of each other and that sales don't persist when you do this.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 3, 2015

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Eh, that was more me being an rear end than a serious guess. I could just see Edmund him getting pissy about people scumming for the Holy Mantle and The Lost automatically getting it once he had nothing left to unlock as a sort of gently caress you.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
ok

this is kind of ridiculous

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hush killed me right as i killed him

didn't get an item unlock

thanks mcmillen

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I had a rather awesome run on I Rule, with two Steam Sales and the item that restocks the shop. I didn't pick up a polaroid after killing Mom, thinking I could finish the challenge early... and didn't get credit for completing it after killing Isaac. :confused:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Waffle! posted:

I had a rather awesome run on I Rule, with two Steam Sales and the item that restocks the shop. I didn't pick up a polaroid after killing Mom, thinking I could finish the challenge early... and didn't get credit for completing it after killing Isaac. :confused:

You need to kill mega satan in I Rule

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a reason why we're putting Hush in spoiler tags? Like the name itself doesn't really imply much about the boss unlike most of the other end bosses, and pretty much every post doesn't spoiler the context clues that it is a boss.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Christ the butt-hurt from some in this thread is ridiculous.

Those who continually bitch about Edmund being so mad about The Lost that he's specifically scewing over the BOI community are being ridiculously petulant. He has also said all the content is in the game so stop acting like a poor little victim and sack up. You complain that Edmund got upset about people cracking Rebirth secrets so fast yet here you are, days after Afterbirth release and crying because the content hasn't been dropped in your lap.

All the other posts are great and for a newbie I hope I understand half of them someday...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I started the bomber challenge, was getting nothing but tear damage upgrades (pentagram, cat o' nine, death's scythe, etc) and slowly struggling my way through to depths 1.

Then I got sad bombs.

:getin:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

truther posted:

Those who continually bitch about Edmund being so mad about The Lost that he's specifically scewing over the BOI community are being ridiculously petulant. He has also said all the content is in the game so stop acting like a poor little victim and sack up. You complain that Edmund got upset about people cracking Rebirth secrets so fast yet here you are, days after Afterbirth release and crying because the content hasn't been dropped in your lap.

Nobody complained about him flipping out over The Lost. Nobody is complaining because "content hasn't been dropped in your lap". People are complaining because half the game they bought is literally impossible to play until Edmund says so. Even if it's "in the game" it's behind so many layers of convoluted bullshit that the point's moot until he stops being a smug rear end in a top hat.

There's a middle ground between " WHY CAN'T I PRESS BUTTON TO UNLOCK EVERYTHING" and "YOU SOLVED MY PUZZLE TOO QUICKLY, gently caress YOU NOBODY GETS TO PLAY NOW".

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

truther posted:

All the other posts are great and for a newbie I hope I understand half of them someday...

This is probably the most "butt hurt" post I've read in this thread.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I started the bomber challenge, was getting nothing but tear damage upgrades (pentagram, cat o' nine, death's scythe, etc) and slowly struggling my way through to depths 1.

Then I got sad bombs.

:getin:

Nice. The blindfolded challenges are the worst. Beans :negative:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope to someday live the dream and get Succubus in a blindfold challenge.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Yinlock posted:

Nobody complained about him flipping out over The Lost.
You're kidding yourself mate. The last few pages are full of it.

Yinlock posted:

People are complaining because half the game they bought is literally impossible to play until Edmund says so. Even if it's "in the game" it's behind so many layers of convoluted bullshit that the point's moot until he stops being a smug rear end in a top hat.
Thus the conspiracy about Edmund hiding the content away until he deems it necessary to release. Based off... nothing other than the fact you don't have the content yet. Thus: butt-hurt.
Apparently it's impossible that it's a legitimate secret. No no, it's because Edmund is a "smug rear end in a top hat."

Nevermind the fact he's literally said the content is in the game. Nevermind the fact he is releasing hints at how to reach the content. Nevermind the fact that Reddit appears to be on it's way to solviong the mystery.

Nah. Let's call Edmund names.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

truther posted:

Nevermind the fact he's literally said the content is in the game.

If the content was actually physically in the game it would have been entirely datamined by now. Unless I missed something it hasn't been.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, the content is IN the game, but it's a lot of secrets?

I mean..That sounds like it'd be fun to unlock, if the secret items are also fun to use, worthless or useful.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If the content was actually physically in the game it would have been entirely datamined by now. Unless I missed something it hasn't been.

Apparently the items might technically be in the game, but you have to assemble the items through the code yourself. At least according to that mod subreddit. But the data miners are actually still plinking away at the code.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Gold bombs are cool, they're like gold keys and give you infinite bombs for the floor. Too bad they're locked behind the Blue Bomber challenge. :suicide:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

RatHat posted:

Gold bombs are cool, they're like gold keys and give you infinite bombs for the floor. Too bad they're locked behind the Blue Bomber challenge. :suicide:

why are people having such a hard time with blue bomber?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ArfJason posted:

why are people having such a hard time with blue bomber?

It's not really the challenge itself that's bad, it's actually pretty easy. It's that not much thought was put into it. Some enemies are immune to Kamikaze explosions, and in some rooms you can't reach all the enemies because part of the floors are missing. Now normally you can bomb open the doors if the room is impossible to complete, unless it's a boss door. Which can't be bombed open. Unlucky layouts like that are kind of what stops people.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

truther posted:

Nah. Let's call Edmund names.

I can call him names for this being buggy and crashy as poo poo while he prances around being coy about a secret that I don't care about because my game has like a 50/50 shot of crashing, right?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
On that note, why do people hate Speed! so much? I failed my first run only because I didn't know there was a time limit, then beat it on the 2nd try.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr. Maggy posted:

I can call him names for this being buggy and crashy as poo poo while he prances around being coy about a secret that I don't care about because my game has like a 50/50 shot of crashing, right?

I don't think making assorted tweets is detracting from bug fixing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Another absurd Greed run down, kept getting 'One makes you small' pills so ended up about 5px tall with tears half the size of the screen. Ultra Greed only survived the first salvo because there seems to be some sort of cap on initial burst damage, then he instantly died when he stopped spinning.

I hope I get chance to go through all the characters like this in Greed mode before Ed nerfs it to oblivion...