Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Do we have a smiley to describe how well-done this is? I feel like there must be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

They might just be perfect

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
In every way?

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

please tell me there's a war rig/furiosa one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Found this neat ford V8 compressor. only 44hp though

one bank is normal engine, the other bank is the compressor.

Also sat in a wicked international cabover. but they forgot to install the gauges!

Oh, there they are. I love that the speedometer and tach are so much of an afterthough that not only are the installed off to the side, they play second fiddle to 2 giant rear end clocks.

I still want a pair of em though.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I was wandering around The Hague in Holland this cold, sunny morning, and spotted this rear end down a side street, I had to go and look.

Turns out it's a proper convertible Citroen 2CV, rather that the factory roll-roof. I didn't know where to put the pictures, so here they are. I'm just amazed that someone's done it. I mean, why?

I wonder what it's done to the rigidity?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The 2CV had rigidity?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Teach posted:

I was wandering around The Hague in Holland this cold, sunny morning, and spotted this rear end down a side street, I had to go and look.

Turns out it's a proper convertible Citroen 2CV, rather that the factory roll-roof. I didn't know where to put the pictures, so here they are. I'm just amazed that someone's done it. I mean, why?

I wonder what it's done to the rigidity?

Looks like the Hebmuller VW cabriolet.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.

Powershift posted:

Also sat in a wicked international cabover. but they forgot to install the gauges!

Oh, there they are. I love that the speedometer and tach are so much of an afterthough that not only are the installed off to the side, they play second fiddle to 2 giant rear end clocks.

I still want a pair of em though.

that compressor is loving rad.
and why the gently caress would anyone need 2 analog clocks? i would totally run those in my car though.

edit: just noticed the gate latch screwed to the compressor. any idea why its there?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Powershift posted:

That's really clever. I like it.

You forgot to include a buy link. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Powershift posted:

Now run the compressed air to the other bank for a built-in supercharger. :getin:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mad.radhu posted:

please tell me there's a war rig/furiosa one.

My second thought exactly (first being "holy poo poo those are rad as hell")

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

There doesn't seem to be a Furiosa version, which is sad.

Nux

Joe

And for good measure: Mad Man

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I'd pay good money for a bitchin' Furiosa one that has the war rig wrap around the whole torso

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

Enourmo posted:

Now run the compressed air to the other bank for a built-in supercharger. :getin:

One more step to this

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Enourmo posted:

Ducati V-One Twin to Supercharged Single Conversion

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I won't lie that's exactly what I was thinking of when I posted that. Except it's 4 cylinders.

I bet you could get more boost/power by converting the pumping cylinders to a 2-stroke cycle, if they're not already set up that way.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A compressor is already a two-stroke cycle. You just replace the valve train with simple check valves.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

From Finnegan's instagram.

I don't even want to know how expensive that clutch must be to justify that packaging, but, drat.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Why bother with the red anodizing?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you're gonna deliver it in a custom carrying case, why not?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Seems like a pretty good waste of a flight case.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

That's a Mantic, 9000 series I think. It's least a twin as their singles are blue and don't come in those cases. So $1350-$2250 (with flywheel) depending on twin or triple, organic or cerametallic.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Neo Mara posted:

That's a Mantic, 9000 series I think. It's least a twin as their singles are blue and don't come in those cases. So $1350-$2250 (with flywheel) depending on twin or triple, organic or cerametallic.

Rated for 1010 ft-lbs of torque. Nice.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Saw what I'm 95% sure is a Chevy SS with Holden SSV badges today; I thought this was dumb on the G8, especially while I owned the G8, but the Chevy's so rare I say gently caress it, go hog wild buddy. Mutual thumbs-ups were given.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Ha I was looking at one of those the other day. Turns out that's a factory option, Chevy will install the badges and grill for you.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Well it's nice to see that this stupid trend doesn't stop with the bogans over here putting Chevy badges on their Commodores, but you guys get it from the factory?

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

Puddin posted:

Well it's nice to see that this stupid trend doesn't stop with the bogans over here putting Chevy badges on their Commodores, but you guys get it from the factory?

Yeah - it's cheap too - you get the badges and grille as a factory accessory at the dealer for only $250.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This is an old article but I just found it yesterday: highly tuned LS1 in a Golf MK4. It's... it's so pretty *sniff*

edit: oh, it's THIS car after getting a few other mods.

edit again: here it is with the turbos on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GmXUtHav8 You can hear em when he's going through that corner.

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 3, 2015

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Neo Mara posted:

I'd drop 100 bucks off the price and stick with cardboard. I'm surprised they don't come with a floating center at that price though.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Neo Mara posted:

He blew whatever twin was in there, that pic is the Mantix triple. https://instagram.com/p/9lzvZWN24n/

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

IOwnCalculus posted:

From Finnegan's instagram.

I don't even want to know how expensive that clutch must be to justify that packaging, but, drat.

When I saw that, it looked so much like a record player that I then wanted to make a flywheel based record player.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Anyone want to buy some organs? This car might be going up for sale shortly.

S38 from M5 in a E30 M3. It's like a S50/52 swap but period correct and loving awesome

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 4, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That would make the car front-heavy to the point of uselessness compared to an S50.

Source: having driven an M30 swapped E30, and the M30 is lighter than the S38.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Porsche 944 S2 3.0l l4 engine turbocharged, with all the modifications needed to let the engine accept the turbo without blowing itself up.

I want it in my life, but I think I'd have to sell a vital internal organ.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

From Freiburger's Instagram:

Just one of the many highlights of SEMA 2015 :h:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Slavvy posted:

That would make the car front-heavy to the point of uselessness compared to an S50.

Source: having driven an M30 swapped E30, and the M30 is lighter than the S38.

True but it's a S38 in a M3. Honestly I'd take a 2.5L S14 over the S38 anyways, especially for track use.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

T1g4h posted:

From Freiburger's Instagram:

Just one of the many highlights of SEMA 2015 :h:

One of my favorite Count's Kustoms cars. That paint job on that body is just impressively sick.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Ozz81 posted:

One of my favorite Count's Kustoms cars. That paint job on that body is just impressively sick.

Did these guys paint it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAVG2wwlmis

Edit: Just reminded me of it.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

True but it's a S38 in a M3. Honestly I'd take a 2.5L S14 over the S38 anyways, especially for track use.

Believe it or not, I've also driven an S14 with an RB25det swap and even the owner admitted it handled like poo compared to the original. Was on lovely adjustables though so you could probably dial it out with some time and money.