Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

so you're saying bethesda is an indie developer?????

I've been around here a good while but even I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around this'un. Hooo weee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Protons posted:

CDPR is quite the AAA studio these days. Poles can use computer??!?!!

What difference does it make. Tons of folks poo poo on CDPR for not releasing patches to address critical flaws like crashes and corrupt saves until *six months* after release.

lmao okay bro, whatever. i'll just be over here enjoying my 1.50 polish sausage and pop (the same price as 1980!)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Protons posted:

CDPR is quite the AAA studio these days. Poles can use computer??!?!!

What difference does it make. Tons of folks poo poo on CDPR for not releasing patches to address critical flaws like crashes and corrupt saves until *six months* after release.

Don't forget the enormous government tax breaks, and labor laws that let CDPR abuse it's workers more than Bethsoft is allowed to

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Where do you guys keep getting that Bethesda has far fewer employees than CDprojekt? According to wikipedia Bethesda has 269 and CDProjekt is listed as 230+

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Protons posted:

I've been around here a good while but even I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around this'un. Hooo weee.

Have you ever hosed a watermelon?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

The Droid posted:

Where do you guys keep getting that Bethesda has far fewer employees than CDprojekt? According to wikipedia Bethesda has 269 and CDProjekt is listed as 230+

Plucky little Bethesda is NOT afraid of picking a fight.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

what if its 230+40

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Making settlements and scavenging components is rad

The settlement building thing is what I'm most excited about, personally. I want to be able to actually do stuff with the crap I obsessively horde.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hashtag GBS posted:

what if its 230+40

Then that would be a one employee difference????

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

These threads are the best :allears: never change, goons

like war

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
Okay so now we've learned that the reason why example 2015 game Witcher 3 looks so much better than Fallout 4 is that CDPR hired animators to work on it? drat, that's hosed up.

What else did they spend their budget on? More than four voice actors?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Danaru posted:

The settlement building thing is what I'm most excited about, personally. I want to be able to actually do stuff with the crap I obsessively horde.

The uninstall thing is what I'm most excited about.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Bethesda is so much smaller than CDProjekt, how could they possibly compete?

"Actually, according to the available info, they're about the same size, Bethesda might be a couple dozen people larger in fact"

Well what if the data is false and they have exactly one more employee than Bethesda, huh? Checkmate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I love my dead melty faced baby.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Buff Butler posted:

Okay so now we've learned that the reason why example 2015 game Witcher 3 looks so much better than Fallout 4 is that CDPR hired animators to work on it? drat, that's hosed up.

What else did they spend their budget on? More than four voice actors?

They basically cheated, which is what you can expect from foreigners

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

maybe they could have hired a half-and-half VA and animator. two issues that bethesda games always have.

oh wait animations can be fixed by mods. mods that they will charge for and won't be available until well after release. love your product you loving garbage eaters

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

"Actually, according to the available info, they're about the same size, Bethesda might be a couple dozen people larger in fact"

Well what if the data is false and they have exactly one more employee than Bethesda, huh? Checkmate.

you need to seriously consider therapy if you aren't already

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the baby is like that even if you make john and waifu the whitest motherfuckers ever

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

The Droid posted:

CD Projekt RED literally hired ANIMATORS to work on the game's animation, to ensure that it looks really good on the XBOX ONE, Playstation 4, and gaming PCs that it's designed for.

I bet those dumb fucks from Team Kojima did the same thing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Hashtag GBS posted:

consider buying a fr*aking clue, man

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Grown men in histrionics over the fact that a video game will be released.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
So how many of you people that are shittalking this game and literally frothing at the mouth online over it are going to buy it at full price at release anyway?

Oh, probably all of you, thatll surely give them incentive to improve on your minor bullshit whinemode stuff

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Hey I just had a thought can you put a bucket on a bad guys head in Skyrim and walk around in front of him.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hashtag GBS posted:

Look, I'm not good at math, but I still don't know what point you were trying to make.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hashtag GBS posted:

So how many of you people that are shittalking this game and literally frothing at the mouth online over it are going to buy it at full price at release anyway?

Oh, probably all of you, thatll surely give them incentive to improve on your minor bullshit whinemode stuff

B-b-b-but I thought they didn't have the budget to hire animators, voice actors, visual designers, someone to gag Todd every time he has an idea, etc.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

LegoMan posted:

Hey I just had a thought can you put a bucket on a bad guys head in Skyrim and walk around in front of him.

:aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa:

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Effectronica posted:

B-b-b-but I thought they didn't have the budget to hire animators, voice actors, visual designers, someone to gag Todd every time he has an idea, etc.

Without those Polish / Japanese tax breaks, they just can't compete. That's why we need to SUPPORT DEVELOPER instead of HATE DEVELOPER.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Buff Butler posted:

Without those Polish / Japanese tax breaks, they just can't compete. That's why we need to SUPPORT DEVELOPER instead of HATE DEVELOPER.

is there maybe a third, more neutral option?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The Droid posted:

Look, I'm not good at math, but I still don't know what point you were trying to make.

Bethesda Game Studios is around 100 people. Someone is probably confusing them with Bethesda Softworks or Zenimax Media or whatever division handled the MMO or lumping them all together.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
After reading the last five pages, I'm really glad that these games continue to focus on single-player only. So that I'll never have to play with any of you colossal faggots.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Buff Butler posted:

Okay so now we've learned that the reason why example 2015 game Witcher 3 looks so much better than Fallout 4

still haven't seen proof of this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I have preordered this game so i can more effectively bash it

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Hashtag GBS posted:

UNSURE

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Blacktoll posted:

After reading the last five pages, I'm really glad that these games continue to focus on single-player only. So that I'll never have to play with any of you colossal faggots.

No reason to be homophobic, but wouldn't you enjoy killing the whiney lil whiners?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hashtag GBS posted:

Go "neutral" yourself at a veterinarian.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

computer parts posted:

still haven't seen proof of this

How have the previous 500 blurry jpegs ripped from weeddogg96's livestream not convinced you?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Blacktoll posted:

drat that's commitment. I just like to pop in every other day for a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ZeeBoi posted:

These threads are the best :allears: never change, goons

like war

Solid Snake said war has changed one time, but that was just one opinion, anyhoo

• Locked thread