Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hashtag GBS posted:

is there maybe a third, more neutral option?

FERAL?

Also, Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios are different things. The former is the publisher and has 270-300 employees. The latter is the actual dev team and they're around 80-100. CD Projekt RED is just the dev team and it's 230.

But really all this means is that Bethesda really need to amp up their art/asset and animation teams rather than relying on the same people forever.

EDIT: \/ Nice try. That was literally just added in.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Bethesda Game Studios is around 100 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios

???

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Hashtag GBS posted:

No reason to be homophobic, but wouldn't you enjoy killing the whiney lil whiners?

well, judging by their comments, they won't be playing anyways, so who cares?

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Blacktoll posted:

After reading the last five pages, I'm really glad that these games continue to focus on single-player only. So that I'll never have to play with any of you colossal faggots.

hi, gay garbage eater here, please hold locks

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Colgate posted:

well, judging by their comments, they won't be playing anyways, so who cares?

Lol if you think they won't be playing. These people seem like the type to drop $60, beat the game 3 times, and then come back to the thread to describe in detail why it was terrible for each of the 200 hours they spent playing it

E: and lol at posting in a game thread if it looks so bad you don't plan on buying it

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bottom line is that Witcher 3 had a development budget of about 45 million whereas Fallout 4 probably cost a good deal more than double that.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Bottom line is that Witcher 3 had a development budget of about 45 million whereas Fallout 4 probably cost a good deal more than double that.

30 million dollars of that was marketing (Carl's Jr. Geralt cup gently caress yeah). It cost them 15 million dollars to actually make the game.

loving cheaters.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

He just edited the number in. Check the page history but definitely a fair point.

EDIT: Definitely a fair point but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 4's budget is lower. Most AAA games are actually in the 10-20 million range.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 4, 2015

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Yeah, I think I found the source of the 269 number.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bethesda_Softworks_employees

It's counting Bethesda Softworks (the publisher) and Bethesda Game Studios (the developer) together.

:edit: Just noticed this list also include people who have since left the company or died. So yeah, probably not accurate for an employee count.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 4, 2015

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
also it seems weird that a series known for not the best graphics is inciting so many weirdos to come out and bitch about continuing what has been an obvious trend

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

He just edited the number in. Check the page history.

I am too dumb and/or lazy to do such a thing

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hashtag GBS posted:

Lol if you think they won't be playing. These people seem like the type to drop $60, beat the game 3 times, and then come back to the thread to describe in detail why it was terrible for each of the 200 hours they spent playing it

E: and lol at posting in a game thread if it looks so bad you don't plan on buying it

Dear God! Discussion! Those trolling whiners are probably just jealous!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Buff Butler posted:

30 million dollars of that was marketing (Carl's Jr. Geralt cup gently caress yeah). It cost them 15 million dollars to actually make the game.

loving cheaters.

TODD HOWARD: "CDPR was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

Dear God! Discussion! Those trolling whiners are probably just jealous!

yea, i discuss video games i have no intention of playing too??? what sort of mentally ill crock of poop is that sort of reasoning

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Hashtag GBS posted:

also it seems weird that a series known for not the best graphics is inciting so many weirdos to come out and bitch about continuing what has been an obvious trend

the fallout series isnt known for its graphics but for some reason bethesda are and people expect better out of game graphics in a year where witcher 3 and mgsv came out. crazy i know

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Droid posted:

I am too dumb and/or lazy to do such a thing

Someone edited in around an hour ago. Obviously in response to this thread. 7c Nickel seems to have found the source of the number.

If I wasn't lazy myself I'd go through that page and single out the Game Works staff.

EDIT: \/ It lacks a SNAKE AND CAKES to make it entertaining :(

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

this is worse than the dragon age 2 thread ever was, holy poo poo.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

He just edited the number in. Check the page history but definitely a fair point.

EDIT: Definitely a fair point but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 4's budget is lower. Most AAA games are actually in the 10-20 million range.

lol i don't think he edited that fella

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Farm Frenzy posted:

the fallout series isnt known for its graphics but for some reason bethesda are and people expect better out of game graphics in a year where witcher 3 and mgsv came out. crazy i know

FO hasn't matched its contemporaries in graphics ever

why people would expect that to change is mind boggling

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Colgate posted:

this is worse than the dragon age 2 thread ever was, holy poo poo.

If your point of comparison for this game is Dragon Age 2, what does that say about the game?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hashtag GBS posted:

Neither has GTA but it is being upheld itt as an open-world game with good graphics

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hashtag GBS posted:

Let's all discuss how laser muskets are a great idea and I want to deep-fry them with bacon and jizz sriracha all over them. Then you can explain that torrid love affair you had with that watermelon.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Buff Butler posted:

If your point of comparison for this game is Dragon Age 2, what does that say about the game?

i believe he was comparing the threads, not the game, holy poo poo are you desperate to find reasons to hate this game lmfao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Hashtag GBS posted:

are you really asking why people are expecting AAA quality graphics out of a game thats supposed to be a huge event, with a gigantic budget and huge expectations? are you dense? are you mental? are you dumb?

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

titties posted:

Neither has GTA but it is being upheld itt as an open-world game with good graphics

well since most people that arent me or dont agree with me ITT are dumb, that isnt surprising either

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Buff Butler posted:

the game isn't out yet

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Farm Frenzy posted:

are you really asking why people are expecting AAA quality graphics out of a game thats supposed to be a huge event, with a gigantic budget and huge expectations? are you dense? are you mental? are you dumb?

out of a company that has never accomplished that feat once? lol yeah thats real dumb, gee golly, you got me

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Buff Butler posted:

The threads can be awful for entirely different reasons. For whatever reason a lot of people have raging hateboners for Bethesda. Favorite character got stuck in an inescapable dungeon in Daggerfall maybe?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

titties posted:

i remember gtaIV getting really well recieved for its graphics and animation on release. GTAV slightly less so but people said lots of nice things about it after the PC release. stop lying

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lol this thread is amazing

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

The threads can be awful for entirely different reasons. For whatever reason a lot of people have raging hateboners for Bethesda. Favorite character got stuck in an inescapable dungeon in Daggerfall maybe?

Games is like some bizarro dimension where the majority of people hate bethesda and bioware.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

i remember gtaIV getting really well recieved for its graphics and animation on release. GTAV slightly less so but people said lots of nice things about it after the PC release. stop lying

What build are you going with first? I'm thinking of focusing on Automatics

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Colgate posted:

Games is like some bizarro dimension where the majority of people hate bethesda and bioware.

lmfao

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Hashtag GBS posted:

out of a company that has never accomplished that feat once? lol yeah thats real dumb, gee golly, you got me

I don't get why, if Bethesda is known for making games that look like poo poo, you take such issue with people stating FO4's graphics look like poo poo.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hashtag GBS posted:

Normal human being: I have no expectations of quality or improvement.

Mentally insane turd guy: Games with large budgets shouldn't look like a modded version of a five-year old game!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Colgate posted:

and like obsidian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Colgate posted:

lol yeah, that's exactly it. hows your navel looking today

• Locked thread