Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Calling them a power armor gang implies multiple gangs who all have power armor. Tunnel Snakes confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

bbb...bbbbut....but... how will people know i'm old as hell then?

is this something people like more or not?

i really like the look of this game and surely bethesda bringing it forward a day means they are quietly confident.

really just be apprehensively positive. Hope for the best, understand if it is not there. Please friends. Please.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In one Fallout game; you can find a random encounter that allows you to recruit Vin Diesel's character, Riddick the Furian, into your party.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
A mod that removes the dialogue text and you don't know what you're gonna say and you have to mash all the buttons

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Effectronica posted:

Power. Armor. Gang.

Power Armor Gang.

Power armor gang that doesn't wear power armor. Dig it, cat. Dig that crazy contradiction.

ATOM CATS RULE.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

is this something people like more or not?

i really like the look of this game and surely bethesda bringing it forward a day means they are quietly confident.

really just be apprehensively positive. Hope for the best, understand if it is not there. Please friends. Please.

The date hasn't changed. That was a display error.

I'm also excited for the game, but the insane fervor with which people defend the game against real criticisms is mind boggling. I would assume it's because they're projecting so much of themselves onto a game that they've waited five years for, so they have to violently protect the idea that it will be perfect despite a shitload of flaws in the leaked footage. I'm going to buy it on day 1, and I don't care if you don't find muddy graphics or poo poo AI to be concerning, but people in this thread apparently can't tolerate the idea that other people are put off by that. The defenders are 100% worse (and have been over the whole course of the thread since release date) then the people who are actually trying to discuss the game in the game discussion forum.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

I'm also excited for the game, but the insane fervor with which people defend the game against real criticisms is mind boggling. I would assume it's because they're projecting so much of themselves onto a game that they've waited five years for, so they have to violently protect the idea that it will be perfect despite a shitload of flaws in the leaked footage. I'm going to buy it on day 1, and I don't care if you don't find muddy graphics or poo poo AI to be concerning, but people in this thread apparently can't tolerate the idea that other people are put off by that. The defenders are 100% worse (and have been over the whole course of the thread since release date) then the people who are actually trying to discuss the game in the game discussion forum.

i think the most appropriate phrase in regards to the criticism is:

its not what you're saying but the way that you're saying it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

"valid" "criticisms"

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I cannot tell if this game is going to be bad or not. I think it is going to be bad but I am prob going to buy it anyway.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am hoping it is good and have bought it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sector_corrector posted:

I'm also excited for the game, but the insane fervor with which people defend the game against real criticisms is mind boggling.

HATE NEWSPAPERS

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The Flying Milton posted:

I cannot tell if this game is going to be bad or not. I think it is going to be bad but I am prob going to buy it anyway.

It's going to be bad if you wanted a totally different game that was nothing like every other modern fallout or elder scrolls game, it's going to be good if you like the sort of game it is.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Calling them a power armor gang implies multiple gangs who all have power armor. Tunnel Snakes confirmed.

ooh boy i hope theres a rival power armor gang they have a dispute with that i can solve in a single quest over the course of 20 minutes, being rewarded with my choice of power armor at the end

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's going to be bad if you wanted a totally different game that was nothing like every other modern fallout or elder scrolls game, it's going to be good if you like the sort of game it is.

until next tuesday fallout new vegas is still the most recent fallout game to come out

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My 105 hours in Skyrim and 265 hours in Fallout: New Vegas tell me I'll be buying and playing this game next week.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am excited for radio stations. Fallout3 had the best music

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Male Sole Survivor narrating Fallout 4 endings

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I'm really upset Bethesda expects me to overlook the incredible stupidity of the concept just because the ~~Atom Cats~~ are roughly twenty times as smart as anyone else for figuring out how to clean clothes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I predict that on the Objective Scale of Good-Game-ness (r), Fallout 4 will fall somewhere between E.T. for the Atari 2600 and Chrono Trigger.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
hes hackin and whackin and chopping that meat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
one of my favourite things is to wander around the wasteland looking for places where i can take selfies. some of the views were quite stunning

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

dang, rest in piece to the players child, who dies at some point

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

alright that's a wrap when's fallout 5 bethesda?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Why the hell do a bunch of common thugs have power armor now?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Fallout 4: Autistic Assholes Arguing Aesthetics

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
we're all wrong, bethesda is saying the game looks soo pretty and has soo many effects and is truly next-gen

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

dang, rest in piece to the players child, who dies at some point

That child will die the second I encounter them somewhere in the wastes when I put a Rock-It Launched teddy bear through their face. Because I'll be hosed if Bethesda makes me care about a family I didn't ask for. If they want to give a Mad Max backstory to the character that's fine, but reprising a loving family drama scenario straight out of Fallout 3 where I have to FIND MY SPOUSE AND CHILD is stupid. I don't care about them, I don't know them. gently caress them.

Still going to buy and play the game next week and have fun.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Any clue on how this is going to run on PC? Currently have an HD7950 and an i5, do I need to upgrade to get med-high settings to 50ish fps?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Common? Thugs??

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

the gently caress you saying about THE Atom Cats??

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

black.lion posted:

Any clue on how this is going to run on PC? Currently have an HD7950 and an i5, do I need to upgrade to get med-high settings to 50ish fps?

Should wait until the game comes out and lots of people have it, otherwise the answer is likely just going to be :shrug: cause nobody actually knows yet.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SunAndSpring posted:

Shut up about the lore, Negative Nancy! Atom Cats Rule! Meow, Atomeow!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

My immersion...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

You actually spoiling yourself with all this?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Magmarashi posted:

Should wait until the game comes out and lots of people have it, otherwise the answer is likely just going to be :shrug: cause nobody actually knows yet.

Can you just PRETEND to know that I need a new video card, and thus enable me to buy one despite what it will do to my financial state????

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

black.lion posted:

Can you just PRETEND to know that I need a new video card, and thus enable me to buy one despite what it will do to my financial state????

The guy playing on ULTRA said that he was stuttering with a GTX 970, so I'd recommend buying a GTX 980 immediately.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

black.lion posted:

There's one gallery that someone leaked for the PC that looked a lot better than any of the PS4 / Xbox stuff I've seen. There's an article here that has a summary of it: http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-pc-leak/#ixzz3qXJzx2Fo

They say, "The current Ultra Settings screenshots from the PC version were tested on a GTX 970 graphics card running on a first generation Core series processor (Core i7 920) " for the specs the shots were taken on.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
First thing I'm gonna do with the game is make a video where the main character exits cryosleep, walks around a bit, encounters a radroach and instantly goes back to the cryo chamber and goes back to sleep

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

black.lion posted:

You always need a new video card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

Again, because the complaints are asinine, easily ignored, similar to ones found in other games or just based on empty nostalgia.

• Locked thread