Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I have no interest in this game but can say that The Witcher 3 is a bad game, so if this game is nothing like that game, it might actually be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Geoff Zahn posted:

I looked up the Witcher 3 plot and it seems to be the main character trying to find his adopted daughter :confused:

Goteem.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

seizure later posted:

I have no interest in this game but can say that The Witcher 3 is a bad game, so if this game is nothing like that game, it might actually be good

Agreed.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

hemale in pain posted:

She's sexy with some nice titties and a good rear end
I like those things, I'm sold on Polish Skyrim

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Geoff Zahn posted:

Oh hey how bout actual examples? I'm legit curious about which games have deeper stories, because as far as I can tell most of them are puddle deep trash

NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer was the loving business

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Geoff Zahn posted:

I looked up the Witcher 3 plot and it seems to be the main character trying to find his adopted daughter :confused:

Oh hey how bout actual examples? I'm legit curious about which games have deeper stories, because as far as I can tell most of them are puddle deep trash

What about Gone Home with its gamergate expansion pack? It's got a bunch of bots on actual message boards to help with immersion too!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fallout 4 will probably be okay, but only if I can ditch whatever dumb story they came up with and go bash people with a rocket launcher out in the wastes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hemale in pain posted:

She's sexy with some nice titties and a good rear end

Sounds bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i cannot wait to roam the Boston wasteland. Who is with me, gamers?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ash1138 posted:

Fallout 4 will probably be okay, but only if I can ditch whatever dumb story they came up with and go bash people with a rocket launcher out in the wastes.

i'm gonna just shoot everyone during dialogue

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

VideoGames posted:

I'm with you, but I'm eagerly awaiting a "Clam chowdah!" mod.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Undertale, which also has terrible graphics.

I looked up Undertale and the story sounds alright but I can see the whole 'endings permanently affect new playthroughs' thing becoming annoying

Magmarashi posted:

Wolfenstein: TNO/TOB

You know, I was surprised that they actually made me care a bit about some of the characters in a Wolfenstein game. It was a pretty fun ride.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Hello. I am going to punch irradiated New Englanders.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Bethesda posted a thing about graphics to flip out over:

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/the-graphics-technology-of-fallout-4/2015/11/04/45

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hyperbole aside I'm gonna guess that from what we've seen this game will be two steps forward one step back just like the Oblivion -> Skyrim jump. I'm also not sure if being a parent looking for your child is better/worse than being a child looking for your parent but I'm willing to bet it'll be just as hamfisted.

Oh wait, is this thread still just for random shitposting?

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Those screenshots look significantly better than the leaks which makes them dubious to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Someone made a build planner/character builder.

http://www.rpg-gaming.com/fo4.html

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Man it's amazing the amount of detail image compression removes

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Geoff Zahn posted:

I looked up Undertale and the story sounds alright but I can see the whole 'endings permanently affect new playthroughs' thing becoming annoying

It doesn't really because the only one that really really does anything objectionable is a thing you'd only get after playing out every other ending.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

hemale in pain posted:

i'm gonna just shoot everyone during dialogue
good philosophy for real life, actually

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

projecthalaxy posted:

Someone made a build planner/character builder.

http://www.rpg-gaming.com/fo4.html

I was waiting for this

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

leaked screenshot

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I think people should play the game for a bit first before saying it's bad or good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Those screenshots look significantly better than the leaks which makes them dubious to me.

I will say one thing:

I haven't kept up with the leaked screenshot brigade but the last I checked people were posting screenshots where shadows didn't exist and I can confirm that isn't accurate even with the pipboy light on. I don't know if more accurate screenshots have shown up since then.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 4, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Have Essential NPCs been confirmed?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm with you, but I'm eagerly awaiting a "Clam chowdah!" mod.

projecthalaxy posted:

Hello. I am going to punch irradiated New Englanders.

rock on friends!

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

ImpAtom posted:

I will say one thing:

I haven't kept up with the leaked screenshot brigade but the last I checked people were posting screenshots where shadows didn't exits and I can confirm that isn't accurate even with the pipboy light on. I don't know if more accurate screenshots have shown up since then.
Is this a PC versus Console thing or what?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Frankston posted:

I think people should play the game for a bit first before saying it's bad or good.
strange thoughts. are you feeling okay? maybe you should sit down for a while.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Frankston posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inverness posted:

Is this a PC versus Console thing or what?

No, I'm referring to the console version.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

fallout 4 is a good, well-rounded game and i will buy it and play it

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ImpAtom posted:

I will say one thing:

I haven't kept up with the leaked screenshot brigade but the last I checked people were posting screenshots where shadows didn't exist and I can confirm that isn't accurate even with the pipboy light on. I don't know if more accurate screenshots have shown up since then.

How can you confirm this? Please post mad leak pictures, preferably of cats.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm going to miss those desert wastes

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Nice try with that prerendered bullshit, Beturdsda. I'm smart enough to know that the graphics in the compressed as gently caress video streams are the true representation of the game's "quality."

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

ImpAtom posted:

No, I'm referring to the console version.
So you're saying you have a console version and it is looking better than what has been shown in leaked screenshots?

Why the discrepancy?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

They were going to let you fix bugs in the game via code, the ultimate outsourcing.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

How can people still defend this after seeing it live? Oh right "what were you expecting, a good game?"

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Sylink posted:

They were going to let you fix bugs in the game via code, the ultimate outsourcing.

Paid mods for Skyrim was essentially an attempt at outsourcing DLC.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
People were saying the no shadows thing even when you could clearly see shadows on screen because it was just another dumb thing to say about how bad this game is. There wasn't ever actually screenshots of no shadows, just people saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Kurtofan posted:

Have Essential NPCs been confirmed?

Have you seen anything about Dogmeat in the last 50 or so pages

• Locked thread