Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm running a condition build but I still agree with the above. Reaper's Onslaught is the way to go unless you're really focusing conditions, and even then getting another Soul Spiral quickly is pretty awesome.

The only reason I can think to take Deathly Chill over Reaper's Onslaught is when you're fighting a boss/champion with few adds and you have some condi damage. There you might find the +15% attack speed doesn't outweigh the extra chill damage, maybe.

Reaper has some incredibly good traits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Anyone have good suggestions for a fun Warrior Beserker build for PvE?. Something that could help me survive a little more while still doing fine DPS (for open world PvE) would be great. Especially if still used GS some (mainly because I was planning on getting the GS legendary at some point, and would want to use it obviously).

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ItBurns posted:

I don't understand why you people aren't running Reaper's Onslaught. Not only does Deathly Chill do piss-all damage, RO synergizes so much better with traits like Unyielding Blast, Reaper's Might, and Dhuumfire with a hybrid build. Bitter Chill instead of Spiteful Talisman isn't a bad choice if you have both chill shouts off CD and/or are solo though.

Edit: It's hard to pass up minions in PvE though. I just wish they were better at holding aggro compared to phantasms. Maybe it's just my perception.
I am running Reaper's Onslaught on both my power and hybrid necros, I was just providing the numbers for a comparison since someone asked about it. I tried Deathly Chill when I first specced my hybrid Reaper and decided the damage was garbage compared to the additional stack of burning I could maintain with RO (without even factoring in the reduced recharge on skills which means increased Poison uptime from RS4) so I stopped using it almost immediately. I've never used it on the power build.

If you're interested, the builds I've been using on my two PvE Reapers are below. There's definitely room for improvement and I'd like to swap out the weapon/armour on the Hybrid one to Viper's (to make up the 20% condi duration we lost from food) and possibly change up the runes to nightmare with the coral orb.

Power - Standard shroud camping build that I'm mainly using for overworld stuff in the HoT zones as I said previously. Really strong damage and good survivability thanks to Shroud.

Hybrid - Decided to give the full hybrid Reaper build a go and I really like it. As noted, the combination of Burning, Bleeding and Poison you can put out with still decent physical damage is really nice and very effective against anything with high armour while still providing excellent vulnerability uptime. It's also got a ton of condition transfer and boon corruption options which will be nice from what I saw of the Vale Guardian in the last BWE. I also wouldn't be surprised to see something similar become preferred for high level fractals as I said earlier since the toughness of the mobs scales up significantly while their outgoing damage doesn't really any more than 50 used to.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Thank you very much Generic Octopus! When I looked at that first one all the trap stuff was what caught my attention so I was a little confused why it was matched with the other traitlines like it was. Thiefiness is much more clear-cut, now, thanks!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mercurius posted:

I haven't forgotten but thanks to constantly running people through the new zones to get hero points I haven't really had time. Unfortunately, you can only send 2 mails before you get message suppressed and you can only have 5 attachments per mail so with the amount of stuff people have asked for I'm going to have to find half an hour to do nothing but send out dyes in the mail.
I can help out with mailing stuff; I'll hit you up on Steam when you get home.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

J3ng4 posted:

If you are running an Nvidia card, check your Nvidia Control Panel. Each .EXE can use onboard or GPU so make sure the 64-bit .EXE is set to your GPU. Some people are saying this is only for laptops but I would check this anyway. I wouldn't expect an increase in performance but there are many factors that can get in the way, the most prominent being its a beta client.

That was the exact problem, thanks. I never would have figured that out.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Got 5 Mistward armor Collections done. Grinding language mastery (to buy insignia) took long, however getting 5 Mistward trophies from bosses was easy (100% drop) and getting the other 5 Mistward trophies took about an hour or less.

However Mistward Headwrap is near impossible to get as it involves killing chak gerent in Tangled Depth :argh:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Aesis posted:

Got 5 Mistward armor Collections done. Grinding language mastery (to buy insignia) took long, however getting 5 Mistward trophies from bosses was easy (100% drop) and getting the other 5 Mistward trophies took about an hour or less.

However Mistward Headwrap is near impossible to get as it involves killing chak gerent in Tangled Depth :argh:
Welcome to my world :sigh:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

So I went to the reddit page for those motherfucking wings Kakapo linked in /g earlier and this comment made me chuckle

GW2 Goon Squad: now lore-friendly :patriot:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I did it, I finished reaper :unsmith: Now I can shout at people even more!
(The trick was to run a straight line from Lion's Arch down to Malchor's Leap, picking up any hero points I came across.)

Plus I only have 4 PoI left on Verdant Brink. It really is such a neat map!

On the other hand, I crashed 3 more times, the last one triggering a chkdsk. So... that's not good.
I'm beginning to think it's an overheating problem, but I don't know.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

So I went to the reddit page for those motherfucking wings Kakapo linked in /g earlier and this comment made me chuckle

wings are anet's apology for tengu never being implemented

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

2 hours into Dragon's Stand event: Guild Wars 2 has encountered a serious error.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey its me I'm dumb.
Haven't had a chance to log in since the patch, do I need to do anything to get the 64bit client or is everyone running it now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Hey its me I'm dumb.
Haven't had a chance to log in since the patch, do I need to do anything to get the 64bit client or is everyone running it now?

It's in beta, get it from here: https://account.arena.net/content/download/gw2/win64

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

The King Is Dead

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thank you, my beautiful buttery baby.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dreggon posted:

The King Is Dead

We all knew it was coming but it is sad none the less.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Someone tell me which dye goes best with that so I can work on buying it before demand pushes it up to absurd heights like what happened to enameled amenity

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'd be interested to see how the 64bit client works for wine + Linux. Anyone trying this out?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

That Mordremoth fight is a buggy mess, eh? Twice through it and dying to bugs out of nowhere was enough for me. Trying to channel on those rifts (if they don't spawn in mid-air) while taking random damage from I don't know what, and every little bit of damage interrupts the channel bar again. The updrafts lift you, except when they don't. Braham (or maybe it was Canach) will shield you, except when they don't. And when some random poorly explained fight mechanic downs you, your NPC pals might res you... except when they don't. But there's no mid-fight checkpoint, so rewind 10 minutes and start over again! :shepicide:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Tonight I ended up in a party with a fellow who I found roleplaying at the Rata Sum bar a while ago:

I bumped into him by the Rata Sum bank after that:

You can meet old acquaintances in the strangest places!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Tonight I ended up in a party with a fellow who I found roleplaying at the Rata Sum bar a while ago:

I bumped into him by the Rata Sum bank after that:

You can meet old acquaintances in the strangest places!

drat I wish I'd met that guy with my rev

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I trekked Caithe down to this Ascended cave, fought a giant plant dragon, the entire fleet got destroyed, I had a triple abortion, and now I'm rescuing the survivors.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmECL2ED2I

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

We did a late night puzzle tonight and they took the cheese out of proxemics lab :smith:

but the final room is now a spaceship so that's ok I guess

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CLAM DOWN posted:

We did a late night puzzle tonight and they took the cheese out of proxemics lab :smith:

i'm cancelling my subscription

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

preorder cancelled

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some random thoughts and observations that pop into my head over the week playing.

gently caress Mordrem and Frog snipers.

Not having to reselect a salvage kit when salvaging rares is nice.

Tempest is a lot better then it looked on paper, especially with fresh air and aura traits, you just poo poo out boons and auras all over the place and can get 20+ seconds of missile reflect on you and your buds.

Adventures are interesting the first few times, but you either figure out the routine needed to get gold every time, or the mission is impossible to get above silver on because of RNG or bugs, or it's drone races and it just kills you on the final jump 99% of the time for no clear reason.

Dragons stand has a great boss fight in it.

Is the Mouth of Mordremoth actually Mordremoth, or is it the equivalent of the Mouth of Zhaitan which was a fat guy with a stomach mouth?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Goodnight sweet princess.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

Boogiewoogie posted:

So have been casually glancing at the expansion coming out for the game I haven't played since the first 5 months after launch of vanilla Gw2...how's the endgame PvE nowadays cause that poo poo was rear end in my opinion back then, what's changed? Also any EU goons playing on Mag that can give me their 2 cents regarding latency and what not? Cheers.

Boogiewoogie posted:

So have been casually glancing at the expansion coming out for the game I haven't played since the first 5 months after launch of vanilla Gw2...how's the endgame PvE nowadays cause that poo poo was rear end in my opinion back then, what's changed? Also any EU goons playing on Mag that can give me their 2 cents regarding latency and what not? Cheers.

Latency wise, I get about 170 ms but it seems completely playable, the only thing I haven't tried yet is spvp. However my base connection is pretty lovely(in a student house). I think it's worth coming back and levelling a char to 80 and then seeing if you want to buy the expansion when you're there.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Stereo posted:

Latency wise, I get about 170 ms but it seems completely playable, the only thing I haven't tried yet is spvp. However my base connection is pretty lovely(in a student house). I think it's worth coming back and levelling a char to 80 and then seeing if you want to buy the expansion when you're there.

I'm playing from Brazil (São Paulo) so my latency is pretty similar, at 180-210ms. If there's anything GW2 does right, it's net code. It's goes beyond being playable, it just doesn't feel like there's any latency and I don't perceive any disadvantage at all.

Hell, I've played over 120 games of sPvP since HoT came out and my win rate is hovering around 70% (80% with Dragonhunter, 50+ games) and it's not like I'm being carried as I've yet to queue with someone else.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Dreggon posted:

The King Is Dead

Dead before her time. :smith:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Mouth of Mordremoth is effectively Mordremoth, yeah. I mean they make a point to hammer in that he is "everything" in the jungle and that's pretty much anet's way of having a giant dragon that you can fight directly sorta.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

BobTheJanitor posted:

That Mordremoth fight is a buggy mess, eh? Twice through it and dying to bugs out of nowhere was enough for me. Trying to channel on those rifts (if they don't spawn in mid-air) while taking random damage from I don't know what, and every little bit of damage interrupts the channel bar again. The updrafts lift you, except when they don't. Braham (or maybe it was Canach) will shield you, except when they don't. And when some random poorly explained fight mechanic downs you, your NPC pals might res you... except when they don't. But there's no mid-fight checkpoint, so rewind 10 minutes and start over again! :shepicide:

Speaking of NCPs not resing in that fight, I had quite a nail biter. After finally giving the last mission a shot after it being a buggy mess for me last week, I ended up getting knocked out of the sky during the final flying phase and falling off of the platform. I figured I was hosed, but the game teleported me back onto the platform in a downed state. Do the NCPs res me? No. Instead I'm dropping my heal symbol and spamming 4, hoping to come back. At this time it goes into the final phase and I'm about dead when the trash mobs come by. I managed to rally off one and pull off the victory a couple minutes later.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I didn't need charges for the cosmetic items I bought forever ago. At least I get a bunch of free ones?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish I could change my look more often based on mood or setting or whatever, have one set for guild missions, racial armor and other stuff. I loved the cosmetic tabs in LoTRO which worked that way. (you got one free and had to pay for others, IIRC) But GW2 system is of course about getting maximum payments squeezed from the players, so we are getting transmutation charges, and I won't be changing my look.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Azazell0 posted:

I wish I could change my look more often based on mood or setting or whatever, have one set for guild missions, racial armor and other stuff. I loved the cosmetic tabs in LoTRO which worked that way. (you got one free and had to pay for others, IIRC) But GW2 system is of course about getting maximum payments squeezed from the players, so we are getting transmutation charges, and I won't be changing my look.
Yeah even outfit is money squeeze.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Azazell0 posted:

I don't mind paying for cosmetics but I hate paying to reuse them.

Also which Goon guild is the most active?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You can be in both :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You can be in both :science: