Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
HE HAD A loving MINIGUN WITH 700 AMMO THE WHOLE TIME??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Well that was pretty embarrassing. But I guess it goes great with the Oblivion-style voice acting and cookie cutter worldbuilding :smith:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
side note, the decals actually look pretty good

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Generation Internet posted:

he's also still wearing the loving vault suit

do you think he wonders why he dies so quickly
If you haven't been paying attention, there's separate clothing and armor slots, he's currently using one piece of metal armor and 4 pieces of leather

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I decided to watch this stream and chill while I get some sleep. I can't, I had to sit down and type like a nerd because i'm really pissed off at how bad this guy is. I'm trolled.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mother gently caress, he's foregoing right leg armor just to spite people, isn't he? He was looking right at it in his menu and never selected it. Hahahahahaha.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The dialogue in this game is almost as good as the AI :haw:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Bro Dad posted:

Well that was pretty embarrassing. But I guess it goes great with the Oblivion-style voice acting and cookie cutter worldbuilding :smith:

Speaking of, here's what I assume is the institute.

Also, does this sound familiar?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Piper? I hardly know her.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

widespread posted:

Why is she...

nevermind

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I'm so loving psyched for another full game of Fallout 3's writing. "This is your [family member]. You love them very much. You'd go to the ends of the earth for them. And now they're in trouble, and you... wait, why are you walking away? You care about these people! CARE! CARE GODDAMN YOU!!!"

Once I get past the story mission that allows you to build settlements, I'm gonna symbolically scrap my son's crib, demolish my old neighborhood, and from its ruins build a Tower of Doom (or Fortress of Doom, if you're limited vertically). Then, several hours of crafting.

Also, I hope someone makes a mod eventually that lets you build underground, so your settlement can appear to be a single, lovely shack concealing a secret underground lair.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Same, but with Literally All Drugs.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

If there was one mod that was necessary for that full Fallout 3 experience, I'd say it's Better Living Thru Chems. I could experience chemical euphoria as I watch my dad die.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
I haven't honestly given mods a fair shake on either of the modern fallout games in a long as a time, but I'm currently wrapping up a drug-fueled melee-wielding cannibal in New Vegas. Despite the new gun mechanics, I'm tempted to play much the same way in 4.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh yeah, by the way. You can literally do 50 lbs of drugs in the game. That streamer showed off what happens.

... oh wait. He was retarded BEFORE the drugs. My bad.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

widespread posted:

No shadows on a AAA game made in the year 2015 :unsmigghh:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
If there's no menu shadows, I'm gonna be fuckin' mad.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

turboraton posted:

I decided to watch this stream and chill while I get some sleep. I can't, I had to sit down and type like a nerd because i'm really pissed off at how bad this guy is. I'm trolled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxUaZh_b1Yk

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I'm so loving psyched for another full game of Fallout 3's writing. "This is your [family member]. You love them very much. You'd go to the ends of the earth for them. And now they're in trouble, and you... wait, why are you walking away? You care about these people! CARE! CARE GODDAMN YOU!!!"

To spread more of my bad opinions and make everyone mad, I cared about more F3 NPCs than I cared about New Vegas NPCs other than the companions but that ended up with trying not to throw them to Deathclaws.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bholder posted:

To spread more of my bad opinions and make everyone mad, I cared about more F3 NPCs than I cared about New Vegas NPCs other than the companions but that ended up with trying not to throw them to Deathclaws.

The only FO3 NPCs I cared about was my slave buddies that obsessed over Lincoln the Liberator. I traveled the whole way with no fast travel to make sure they all got there and brutally conquered the area to return the President's Head to its Statue.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Bholder posted:

gently caress you really do have objectively wrong opinions.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

At least he has traces of cognitive function unlike misterbibs

He just doesn't seem to use them more than "once a year"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Bholder posted:

you are genuinely really stupid, or nostalgic, or you havent played fo3 in 8 years

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
still jazzed and excited for this game! is it tuesday yet?
stay safe gamers

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Farm Frenzy posted:

you are genuinely really stupid, or nostalgic, or you havent played fo3 in 8 years

No, I just literally did not care about anyone in New Vegas.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i never played either with companions. i am a lone soul. a wasteland wanderer making their own way.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Companions just get in my way in these games but i'm sure the ones in NV are much much better written.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
my favourite mods are the ones which increase radio stations. the music in these games is better than grand theft autos.

as long as its the correct 50s old timey theme.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Bro Dad posted:

No shadows on a AAA game made in the year 2015 :unsmigghh:

The game has shadows.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
sure are a lot of shadows being cast on the abilities of this game.

Positive Feelings folks! join me in reserved hope!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I don't need to reserve hope to know that the game is at worst okay, all strengths and flaws accounted for. Figuring out what it did right and what it did wrong is just part of the journey we'll all take next Tuesday.

EDIT: Didn't mean to rain on your message, Videogames.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 5, 2015

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Crabtree posted:

I don't need to reserve hope to know that the game is at worst okay, all strengths and flaws accounted for. Figuring out what it did right and what it did wrong is just part of the journey we'll all take next Tuesday.

(its ok I'm super stoked too! that message of optimism is for the grouches)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
sorry that was rude. you're not grouches.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

rap music posted:

how about a thread where you go to hell!

...what the gently caress!?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

They called the fourth Fallout game the Fallout One.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Phenotype posted:

They called the fourth Fallout game the Fallout One.

Holy poo poo

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm confused about the shadows thing. People are complaining that there are no shadows in leaked screenshot but the promotional screenshots for the game do show shadows so... I would assume it's either a bug or a graphics setting on the leaked images. I don't see how that's a huge problem - have Bethesda officially said "gently caress shadows they're dumb" or something?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I think the issue is that outsides actually look good, with all manner of lightning and effects, but interiors are less-so.

Or maybe the ambient lightning is so bright in every interior that you cannot see shadows.

Or it's a bug and day 1 patch.

Or we are trying to look for graphics in badly made videos made from consoles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so are you a synth or not. I am pretty sure you are not but i am curious now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so are you a synth or not. I am pretty sure you are not but i am curious now.

It's very unlikely (intro sequence-Vault 111 spoilers) The Vault is a cryo facility.

• Locked thread