Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember like 2 months ago when I said that people were going to judge this game more critically because of all of the open world games that had come out since Skyrim, and abject idiots like Bholder said that was so stupid... ah, good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Vhak lord of hate posted:

You jokers are over there laughing at me while I'm over here not giving a hoot and having tons of fun with my game where they mocapped ventriloquist dummies for facial expressions.

I never once said the facial animations look fine in this game. Im mocking the people that think the game as a whole needs to look super realistic or else its just not going to be fun to play. Hope that clears things up a bit for you guys, I know it can be confusing sometimes! :)

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

A Curvy Goonette posted:

let me tell you about the dragon age 2 release thread where multiple people were banned for daring to criticize the product.

Actually Dragon Age 2 is just plain fun.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

agreedo, friend. but others didn't think that way. thankfully we dealt with that issue

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

FauxGateau posted:

You know what? gently caress it. why think about anything why not just go to Applebee's and drink yourself into relative comfort from the riggers of free thought. Lay down and let the man (t. Howard) put words about games in your mouth. I don't wanna think. I just wanna....

Everything must be a complex masterpiece to be at all enjoyable.

The song of the nerd.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I like big boats... I cannot lie

strong bird
May 12, 2009

No, I am not obsessed with The Product. Why do you ask?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

sector_corrector posted:

I personally find that it does in fact make the game less fun,but not enough to make me not want to play it. Bethesda is a company, not my friend. I might buy a car because it does 90% of what I want it to, but still get pissed off at how they've designed the interior, or the quality of the components of the engine. A game is pretty similar. Their open world titles get most (not 90%, I would say 70%) of the way there, but it's really frustrating to see them never improve in key areas by which I judge the quality of games.

Bethesda games are great at exploration, but the fact that they can't seem to write competent stories is incredibly frustrating. These games would be a lot better with good stories, and other companies like Obsidian and CDPR actually do open world stories well. It's annoying to see low quality graphics. The graphics aren't going to stop me from getting the game or enjoying it at some level, but I definitely would enjoy it if they weren't so sludgey and low res. I play a lot of other stuff, some of it's even open world stuff, so obviously I'm going to make a comparison to the great companion AI in Phantom Pain when I see how comically bad the companion AI is in a Bethesda title. Especially so when they make the companions a key selling point of the game.

Saying, "that's just the way it is," might be true, but it doesn't make me think any better of them as a developer, or make me not want to critique their games.

That's just it, though. Phantom Pain was really good but its story was nonsense and the open world was pretty much there for you to fart around in while your real world timed research timers ticked away. The gameplay just happens to be good enough that you don't mind farting around. Every game has its weak spots and why I get excited about Bethesda games is egomaniac modders come along and patch up those weak spots and take that 70% to 120%.

I have a friend who I fundamentally disagree with on this type of thing. He says games should be able to stand on their own on the first run no matter what and you shouldn't "need" any mods or fan patches. I say while yeah, you should hold developers accountable when a game practically needs a mod to fix a dumb decision (like Borderlands 2's drop rates), mod that poo poo and have the maximum fun you can have.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Curvy Goonette posted:

let me tell you about the dragon age 2 release thread where multiple people were banned for daring to criticize the product.

Hey man we don't need context or self-reflective thought anymore. We just want fun. The kind of clean natural fun you can only get from a product made by committee. Get out of here with your facts and your big words.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Magmarashi posted:

I have no idea what you just said.

Go to the PC Parts Picking thread in SH/SC. Also no, you won't need any conversion poo poo.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

You know what? gently caress it. why think about anything why not just go to Applebee's and drink yourself into relative comfort from the riggers of free thought. Lay down and let the man (t. Howard) put words about games in your mouth. I don't wanna think. I just wanna....

because then I couldnt play Fallout 4 you idiot!

also halloween is over put away your strawmen

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
How long is this going to take to download. I am on 28.8 baud fyi. Think it will take more than2 hours cause my internets service maker turns it off every couple hours *angry face*.

Edit: and by internet maker turns it off I mean my mom keep picking the phone up doesn't she know I am down here in the basement?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

The Droid posted:

Attack of The Clones is just fun, okay? You get to see Jango Fett, which is really all I wanted out of the movie anyways. And the battles are cool Yoda is epic. You fun haters keep on saying things like "The sets are lovely, the cgi is too obvious, the plot is poorly paced, all the dialogue is terrible, and there are a number of big plotholes." but the truth is you're all a bunch of fun-hating negative nancies!!!

holy cow your posts are really bad

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Go to the PC Parts Picking thread in SH/SC. Also no, you won't need any conversion poo poo.

That's really all I needed to know, plugging cables in to things I can do, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fry the GPU out of the gate because of some obtuse part to buffer the power or w/e. Thanks!

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

strong bird posted:

No, I am not obsessed with The Product. Why do you ask?

No, I am not obsessed with posting in an internet thread telling people not to like something I don't like.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

holy cow your posts are really bad

thats a mirror reflecting your post history, friend.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
gas

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

A Curvy Goonette posted:

:qqsay:

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

:qq:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

haha i was glue and you were rubber what an excellent post!!!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I wasn't a member then but clearly that's no longer a concern? People are free to post about this game they totally have no interest in to their heart's content.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Sedisp posted:

haha i was glue and you were rubber what an excellent post!!!

Nice meltdown

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Can we please address the lovely original in-universe songs in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HBxzTGQAfY

I do the boys a favor with all my manual labor

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I feel like the thread has suddenly become bad

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

crabcakes66 posted:

Let us define the universal standard of what counts as fun in this thread. For all future generations.

only bad games are fun, because they have the best threads to post in

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

crabcakes66 posted:

Everything must be a complex masterpiece to be at all enjoyable.

The song of the nerd.

Intentionally misreading posts?

Ah the shield of the idiot.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Deified Data posted:

I wasn't a member then but clearly that's no longer a concern? People are free to post about this game they totally have no interest in to their heart's content.

I'm 100% certain that by 'criticize the product' what they really mean is 'call everybody fags and shitpost themselves into obsessive exhaustion'.

Truly, the Right and True Champions of pro-consumer attitudes.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
instead of playing fallout 4 i will be choking myself as i masturbate to mail order clothing catalogues

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Intentionally misreading posts?

:ironicat:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FauxGateau posted:

nobody wants to borrow your shield, fag!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh wow, I'm undone.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

is hypocrisy the doublet of the bad poster

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sedisp posted:

is hypocrisy the doublet of the bad poster

Don't like doublets too tight around the arms.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Don't like doublets too tight around the arms.

lose weight then

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

fallout 4 loving SUCKS

e: not even kidding i am genuinely upset about this

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

projecthalaxy posted:

I feel like the thread has suddenly become been bad since the moment it was posted

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

rap music posted:

fallout 4 loving SUCKS

e: not even kidding i am genuinely upset about this

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sedisp posted:

lose weight then

Sorry friend, I gotta play fallout 4. In fact it's the only thing left to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Sedisp posted:

lose weight then

Nice beltdown

• Locked thread