Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

They're probably trying to acquire and establish new IPs, Paradox also publishes shitloads of games, including my favorite Mount and Blade. Hopefully this works out better than the "War of..." games

The mount and blade turks escaped from paradox before bannerlord started i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Chill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Yeah I was excited because that means the possibility of a Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines made by Obsidian is likely

Sick

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Yeah I was excited because that means the possibility of a Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines made by Obsidian is likely

Is Obsidian even working on anything interesting now a days.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Expansions to PoE I bet

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Average Bear posted:

Expansions to PoE I bet

Yeah but interesting

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Ragg posted:

Yeah but interesting

gently caress off

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just lost a Medri Bahri game. I had conquered down to Mogadishu, had Alodia as a vassal, and managed to get my country's ruling dynasty to be the Solomonids. I claim Ethiopia's throne when they have an heir with a weak claim and a regency council, and launch a secession war, where Alodia's army fails to ever reinforce mine in a battle and I loving lose everything except my original starting provinces and the provinces that make up Adal. I even set their army behavior to be supportive, and spent months before the war in their capital where their army was, hoping they would link up with me. I really wish the AI was better in these games.

e:Is there any possible way to salvage this game or should I just abandon it? I went bankrupt twice hiring shitloads of mercs trying to crush Ethiopia, and now none of the coptic nations will ally me and I think I'm hosed.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 1, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i mean you could always try even more mercenaries

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's only 1530. You could just try again

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I restarted and was doing really well, 1550 rolls around and Persis declares war on me with the ottomans as an ally. They occupy all of my poo poo until they get 100 warscore and set me back to square one. I'm really beginning to hate the Ottomans.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
then destroy them

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When map gaming, everything you do should take you a step toward killing your biggest rival.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why are people defending increased coring cost as a mechanic?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GreyPowerVan posted:

why are people defending increased coring cost as a mechanic?

why are you running here to complain

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

why are you running here to complain

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jesus christ why do dumbfucks in the main thread keep panicking over incomplete information about innocuous poo poo. Like most of the stuff the bitch about only makes sense if they read the dev diary and intentionally misinterpret it in the most retarded way possible.

pdox devs "We put in anomalies that kick off Crusader King style quests that use your scientists skills and personality traits to influence the outcome"
goon: "if you dont minmax your guys youll miss out on things PERMENTLY and lose the whole game :supaburn:"

god forbid a game give you negative outcome for you to play around.

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 4, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i don't know, because i post here too and the thread popped to the top of my cp after someone posted

was wondering what some of the people here thought about coring cost :)

huh.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm never playing a space 4x again

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Coring cost is bad and one of the ideas that came fresh from post EU3 development. Paradox is starting to learn better now.

Space 4xs are rarely worth a dang but it's new paradox so we'll see.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is paradox releasing a space 4x? I remember I had a lot of fun with Sins of a Solar Empire but it was me and some friends playing multi-player so pretty much even lovely games are fun for a while.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yeah stellaris. the dev diaries are the usual general overview stuff, but it looks pretty sick.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Agean90 posted:

Jesus christ why do dumbfucks in the main thread keep panicking over incomplete information about innocuous poo poo. Like most of the stuff the bitch about only makes sense if they read the dev diary and intentionally misinterpret it in the most retarded way possible.

pdox devs "We put in anomalies that kick off Crusader King style quests that use your scientists skills and personality traits to influence the outcome"
goon: "if you dont minmax your guys youll miss out on things PERMENTLY and lose the whole game :supaburn:"

god forbid a game give you negative outcome for you to play around.

i love their theorycrafting of "hmm if i was making the game i would do it like this" and then lay out the most insane, lovely convoluted system possible because they're loving retards who have no idea how to make a fun game, because as i mentioned they're retarded. they love to make fun of the guy who made magna mundi but they're literally exactly the same him except at least he tried, all they have is a bunch of lovely ideas they're too stupid to even attempt to implement. i hate them

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think they're good.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

O_O

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's how irony works. You say bad things are good and then your brain breaks and you find yourself muttering "Swedish friend of the family" hundreds of times a day

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

It's how irony works. You say bad things are good and then your brain breaks and you find yourself muttering "Swedish friend of the family" hundreds of times a day

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

That was me until I got clean.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That was me until I got clean.

please tell me how you did this

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm never playing a space 4x again

It's like I wished for more POPs on the monkey's paw.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Then again I'm interested in HoI4 and I've never been big into those games so maybe Paradox can win me over.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If they can make something that's a better strategy game than Civ BE but not a massive pile of stats like Sword of the Stars or Endless Space, then I will enjoy it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

If they can make something that's a better strategy game than Civ BE

that doesn't sound very difficult at all

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I want Victoria 3

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

but make it start in 1789

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

then you couldn't call it victoria

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

I want Victoria 3

I want that too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

please tell me how you did this

I attempted and completed the normie challenge.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

DICKHEAD posted:

I want Victoria 3

DICKHEAD posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Stairmaster posted:

then you couldn't call it victoria

they put Rome in the title of EU Rome even though at the default start date Rome is just a pissant regional power so why not