Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Goatfather posted:

a game, with bugs, is bad.... how can you play it....

There is no such thing as a game without bugs, therefore all games are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

gasman posted:

Wait, was he a lady the whole time?

nah, he used the "sexchange" console command

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

White Phosphorus posted:

So Fallout 3 fans are mad about Fallout 4 just like Fallout1&2 fans were mad about Fallout 3? Is that what's happening?

The hordes of people eagerly anticipating this game didn't just spring from the ether.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al Nipper posted:

thx nazi chat

This is a little unrealistic shouldn't Fallout 4 have a face resembling a battered sack of processed meats?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ymgve posted:

nah, he used the "sexchange" console command

Did he still have a man face?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FauxGateau posted:

This is a little unrealistic shouldn't Fallout 4 have a face resembling a battered sack of processed meats?

Also, he goes to shake his head and it just keeps rotating to the right until the game crashes.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Can someone repost the stream link I want to peek at this trainwreck y'all have built it up so much

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Republicans posted:

Did he still have a man face?

Seemed like it went to the default wife face so I assume it reverts to whatever you had at the start of the game.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Can someone repost the stream link I want to peek at this trainwreck y'all have built it up so much

http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol if you think Bethesda produces bad games. Looking forward to doing the same quest 200 times myself.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Will this have great graphics on the PC or will it look like the console trailers?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

SunAndSpring posted:

Unless you are a retard the true GOTY is MGS V. Thank you and god bless.

I stopped playing MGS V immediately when all of the poo poo I had spent 80+ hours collecting was just whisked away and held hostage behind an insurance policy for virtual goods that costs more than the insurance that covers my actual property. The game turned into "well you better get 3,000,000 GMP when you play because you're gonna be broke as gently caress the next time you login" and killed any interest I could have in the game. I haven't cheated in a game since I had a Gameshark for the N64 but I'm definitely going to get Cheat Engine and break the hell out of the game eventually.

What's the big surprise Bethesda had for everyone shortly before launch? It wasn't the launch trailer, was it...?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goodness posted:

Will this have great graphics on the PC or will it look like the console trailers?

The stream is the pc version.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Magmarashi posted:

There is no such thing as a game without bugs, therefore all games are bad

on a long enough timeline modders will fix all of the bugs in fallout 4. therefore it is the only good game

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

goodness posted:

The stream is apparently on PC on Ultra, but I'm not so sure .

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

insider posted:

I'm kind of shocked how bad this looks. Slight upgrade on fallout 3 graphics.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

insider posted:

Some parts of it have looked really good. It's typical Bethesda inconsistency.

I love all the bitching about the radio. 8channers can't appreciate the rockabilly.

EDIT: Though I am disappointed that there's a lot of song recycling. At least on the Diamond City station.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 6, 2015

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
First impressions on load is cool gear, neat interface, decent graphics and a man sitting on an invisible chair above stairs.

I'm stoked. I can't enjoy a Bethesda game unless the first couple weeks are deep with hilarious bugs.

All I needed to see. Preorder value confirmed.

Curious tho any idea how long this guy has been playing?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The Goatfather posted:

on a long enough timeline modders will fix all of the bugs in fallout 4. therefore it is the only good game

All Hail the New Flesh

insider
Feb 22, 2007

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Curious tho any idea how long this guy has been playing?

His save is at around 14-15 hours now.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
His inability to craft triggers me.

He could break down so many of his weapons and possibly upgrade his pipe pistol with the scavenged components.

It baffles me that people like this exist.

Is he even aware of what hes missing out on knowing, or the impact it could have on his gameplay??

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

plape tickler posted:

I'm kind of shocked how bad this looks. Slight upgrade on fallout 3 graphics.

I think some of it is due to the compression. When he stands still for a couple of seconds and doesn't move, the image clears up drastically. I thought a lot of the textures looked like crap (doors, for example), but when he stood still for a second and looked at it, the wood grain and chipped paint cleared up a lot.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Paladin dance?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bloodplay it again posted:

I think some of it is due to the compression.

Careful...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how all of the Bethesda defenders were talking about how it makes you a sperglord to criticize how other people play videogames and then those same people have spent the last 3 hours complaining about how this guy is demoing a game for them.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

I think some of it is due to the compression. When he stands still for a couple of seconds and doesn't move, the image clears up drastically. I thought a lot of the textures looked like crap (doors, for example), but when he stood still for a second and looked at it, the wood grain and chipped paint cleared up a lot.

To me the problem is the lack of shadows on the characters and objects making everything look terrible.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
classical music station really good, adds gravitas to the adventures of captain streamer

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Also based on the stream, the Brotherhood is made up of goody two-shoes again. :sigh:

Edit: oh gawd, he has two of the same pipe gun. :suicide:

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
This robocop autopistol is making me real happy after all the wierdo pipeguns.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Some of the textures look like reused FO3 stuff, the wood shelves and stand out as one. Here is hoping there is going to be an HD texture pack for PC again.

No matter how good or bad the textures are, though, there will be 4000 4k HD texture packs available by spring anyway.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Back Hack posted:

Also based on the stream, the Brotherhood is made up of goody two-shoes again. :sigh:

It's a branch of the DC group so...

Their leader seems to be a bit of an rear end in a top hat going by the launch trailer

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This robocop autopistol is making me real happy after all the wierdo pipeguns.

Ahaha, sorry back to pipegun!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mokinokaro posted:

It's a branch of the DC group so...

Their leader seems to be a bit of an rear end in a top hat going by the launch trailer

I'd love it if He turns out to be the canon Lone Wanderer, making this the first Fallout where one Protagonist can face off against a previous one.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

White Phosphorus posted:

*puts mouth 1mm away from microphone* Paladin dance?

ftfy

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Crabtree posted:

I'd love it if He turns out to be the canon Lone Wanderer, making this the first Fallout where one Protagonist can face off against a previous one.

If they did that right it would be cool.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Wait so this game is a Wasteland 2 FPS? You got a quest to install a gizmo to extend the range of a radio transmitter while fighting off nuke pooches and synths.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
The institute pistol is the same size and shape as a microwave and the institute rifle literally takes up half the screen. Also all energy weapons make the exact same sound as conventional guns when fired.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

My stream is a slideshow so I can't tell.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

White Phosphorus posted:

Wait so this game is a Wasteland 2 FPS? You got a quest to install a gizmo to extend the range of a radio transmitter while fighting off nuke pooches and synths.

they both ripped off the setting from mad max yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Yea stream is so laggy now its not even watchable.

• Locked thread