Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Whenever I need perking up, I listen to these two clips, in this order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO50YAChQLQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhKd5ePKY3Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Dark One posted:

Rory Albanese was on the most recent episode of Harmontown. He drank some fan-made absinthe and hoo boy, basically turned into The American.

Other Bugle connections: a brief mention of John's piece on transgender rights, and some really lovely puns.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:
I just listened to the latest Satarist for Hire about an hour ago, and I'm still giggling at the sheer audacity of the "El Greco roman rest link" pun. That's right up there with "cold and wet weaver". Andy's still got it!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Lamb bikini clown tache (from 7 Day Saturday) should also be in that group of Zaltzest Puns

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

toanoradian posted:

Lamb bikini clown tache (from 7 Day Saturday) should also be in that group of Zaltzest Puns

I'd say that's mid-tier on the Zaltzman scale.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
The puns are great, but his forced metaphors are equally preposterous. I've used the "like a German radiologist force-feeding his patients sausages before taking x-rays, we tend to see the wurst in people" line a couple times. Never fails to get a laugh.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Please let there be a surprise Bugle later this week. Please oh please.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If this news can't get them to do a Bugle nothing can.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Which news would that be? http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-sexually-attracted-playground-equipment-10098272

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The black bar on the picture makes the story. :newlol:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
They can't miss out on this. When a boy painted a massive penis on his parents house they were there to report it with the gravitas and maturity it deserved. The nation needs their services once again.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Fans posted:

They can't miss out on this. When a boy painted a massive penis on his parents house they were there to report it with the gravitas and maturity it deserved. The nation needs their services once again.
If John Oliver isn't available then at a minimum I hope Andy steps up with the pig-based pun run we all crave.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
GodDAMMIT, Oliver & Zaltzman! The PM of the UK is allegedly a pigfucker. If you don't apply your unique brand of comedy to this, then how will we, the public, know how to react?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
gently caress John Oliver's awful show!!!!

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Have you been drinking Andy?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
No, he's given up on the Bugle since two months ago and is happy covering cricket. But I'm not.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
GIVE ME BACK MY BIN!

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
All of it... in the bin :smith:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

No, he's given up on the Bugle since two months ago and is happy covering cricket. But I'm not.

He's still doing Satirist For Hire....he'll do an episode of that any day now....

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

gently caress you for bumping this thread and giving me hope.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Apparently John + John's Wife made a baby...

(not linking as it would require linking to eonline.com)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Heners_UK posted:

Apparently John + John's Wife made a baby...

(not linking as it would require linking to eonline.com)

Did John or Andy deliver it in the bathroom?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
So since the Bugle seems to be dead, is there any good alternative podcasts for UK news/pun runs?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's no new episode, but there is a new christmas jumper.

@HelloBuglers posted:

I realise we have released more Christmas jumpers than episodes in the last 6 months. We will be back after New Year.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
!!!!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Whoa, the show's not dead?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lycus posted:

Whoa, the show's not dead?

Let's not get too optimistic.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
John returns and then Zaltzman filibusters him with a one hour long pun run, finally destroying their friendship forever.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002

Fans posted:

John returns and then Zaltzman filibusters him with a one hour long pun run, finally destroying their friendship forever.

worth it

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fans posted:

Better to go out with a bang than with a whimper.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Fans posted:

You see, this is the only way that the show can end. There is no other option.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fans posted:

I'd really be fine with Zaltzman doing a solo podcast of pun runs, but his Satirist for Hire shows aren't great.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The Satirist for Hire stuff was okay enough, but those clips from his book were borderline unlistenable. Andy plus anybody else, be it a co-host or an audience is fine. Andy left totally to his own devices is unbearable.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rochallor posted:

The Satirist for Hire stuff was okay enough, but those clips from his book were borderline unlistenable. Andy plus anybody else, be it a co-host or an audience is fine. Andy left totally to his own devices is unbearable.

Andy with... Say, another British comedian and their producer, set to current events like the news, would probably be a good outlet for him.

Maybe he should try that sometime.

(I'd even take a different British comedian who hadn't made it, rather than John, if John is too busy.)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Thanks for getting my hopes up Zaltzmann !

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Holy poo poo there's a new Satirist for Hire episode. Actual content!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Andy with... Say, another British comedian and their producer, set to current events like the news, would probably be a good outlet for him.

Maybe he should try that sometime.

(I'd even take a different British comedian who hadn't made it, rather than John, if John is too busy.)

Just hotseat from the stable of stand-up comedians used for panel shows. It'll be entertaining, though perhaps not always in the way they would like.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Where's my loving Bugle eta update?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
John's HBO show returns tonight, with us getting a grand total of 0 episodes in the break between seasons.

gently caress, the show is just dead, isn't it? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

NO! There was that one Satirist For Hire bit before the end of last year where Andy said they were totally recording an episode in Janua....gently caress.

• Locked thread