Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I have my PC copy pre-ordered from Best Buy for the $10 gift card and GCU discount. Is there any way to preload on Steam (and have it locked until I put my cd key in) or will I just have to download it once I get my boxed copy? I'm thinking about canceling my Best Buy preorder and getting it through GMG so I can preload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

taco_fox posted:

I heard this game is going to be Bad. confirm/deny

Just like all Bethesda games, t'll be as deep as a puddle, but as wide as the ocean a scaled down Boston

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
FUUUUUCK, why do I torture myself?

FO4 key from GMG was immediately available on my checkout page, fyi.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rabid Snake posted:

I have my PC copy pre-ordered from Best Buy for the $10 gift card and GCU discount. Is there any way to preload on Steam (and have it locked until I put my cd key in) or will I just have to download it once I get my boxed copy? I'm thinking about canceling my Best Buy preorder and getting it through GMG so I can preload.

can't preload without the key. also, apparently the game disc in the box only has a small fraction of the overall game data, so you'll still be facing a hefty download even with it

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Goons, I have important information. One of the confirmed voiced names for your character is, and I quote, "Balls".

Your mission is clear.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Gonna be playing a beautiful wasteland waifu I will not taint her with such an offensive name.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's probably not even worth it to email humble bundle to ask if they'll send it in time to preload. Thems the breaks of buying it at a discount I guess.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rap music posted:

fo4 is a paradox, good and bad at the same time

being bad in specific ways is a big part of what makes bethesda rpgs good

of course its going to be bad. of course its going to be good. this should be news to nobody

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bacon flaps posted:

Gonna be playing a beautiful wasteland waifu I will not taint her with such an offensive name.

"Fuckface" it is then

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Can you have multiple names? Like first and last? I know it's not original but I would really like to be John Fallout.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Geoff Zahn posted:

Just like all Bethesda games, t'll be as deep as a puddle, but as wide as the ocean a scaled down Boston 11 mins of walking to the edge of the map implies.

Rabid Snake posted:

If you wanna do any preloading so as to play it as soon as it drops, then cancel the boxed preorder and get it through GMG...like right now. The boxed version will require a large download so it'll be a longer wait; also there's always a chance (though slim) that GMG run outta keys in which case you'd be hosed till they re-up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Folks who have already started pre-installing: how big is the download? I may need to clear some SSD space..

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

JoshTheStampede posted:

Can you have multiple names? Like first and last? I know it's not original but I would really like to be John Fallout.

Balls Balls Balls III, Esq.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New Leaf posted:

Folks who have already started pre-installing: how big is the download? I may need to clear some SSD space..

It's 32.1 on PS4, I don't know about PC.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

projecthalaxy posted:

It's 32.1 on PS4, I don't know about PC.

So 32.1 on PC, because it's Bethesda and the textures are going to be the same.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gonkish posted:

Goons, I have important information. One of the confirmed voiced names for your character is, and I quote, "Balls".

Your mission is clear.

A friend of mine just suggested an unarmed player named "Balls Mahoney" luck 10 and int 10 for ricochet and nerd rage.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Is there a height slider, and will the game pronounce T Nugz?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

A friend of mine just suggested an unarmed player named "Balls Mahoney" luck 10 and int 10 for ricochet and nerd rage.

I'm not sure you can craft barbed wire chairs and stupid metal t shirts sadly.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Why would anyone not name and role play their character as Jack Burton?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Could someone educate eurotrash like me on interesting Bostonians, historical or otherwise? Figure it'd be neat to model the PC after Boston's best/worst.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

anatomi posted:

Could someone educate eurotrash like me on interesting Bostonians, historical or otherwise? Figure it'd be neat to model the PC after Boston's best/worst.

Create Samuel Adams, get all the beer-based perks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

anatomi posted:

Mark Whalberg and Paul Revere. A silversmith and an actor/car thief.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

anatomi posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Boston

Huh, Nimoy was from Boston.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 6, 2015

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Considering you can build your own little empire, ally/betray rival factions, run around shooting people (or have your henchmen do it for you), maybe you should consider Whitey Bulger?

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

anatomi posted:

https://youtu.be/iq14tWgbO3w

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm going to make a mele ninja and try and do the old Bethesda ridiculous 1 shot stealth build, my go to of a sniper or a small guns mid range semi sniper. I want stealth I just can't decide on close, mid, or long range. I'm leaning mid though to be honest.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Hahaha is stream country for real

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

anatomi posted:

Ben Affleck is from Boston. He's also gonna play Batman. I think you know what to do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I'm going to make a mele ninja and try and do the old Bethesda ridiculous 1 shot stealth build, my go to of a sniper or a small guns mid range semi sniper. I want stealth I just can't decide on close, mid, or long range. I'm leaning mid though to be honest.

This is the build I did.

You don't have to pick. If you go max or almost max agility you can reliably do tons of damage at all three ranges even with 1 Str.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

oh god the music

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Im going to make a high Str, high End character and take all the unarmed and melee perks.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Do we know if they improved the unarmed/melee at least to Skyrim's level? Skyrim wasn't that involved but at least it looked awesome compared to Fo3s puncha puncha pow

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Well poo poo

quote:

Thank you again for your pre-order of Fallout 4 from Funstock Digital.

You may be aware the game is available for Pre-Load this evening (Friday 6th Nov) and some retailers are sending out keys.

Following the recent release of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 where a small number of customers received duplicate or invalid keys we have taken the decision to hold the delivery of keys until Monday (9th Nov) to test our delivery system and ensure you are not caused any unnecessary inconvenience.

If you would prefer to cancel your order and obtain a refund then please contact support@funstock.co.uk

Is there a cheaper place than GMG? It's £32 now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a list of names that will be voiced? I normally just name my dude "Punchalot" or "Weedboner" but if I can use my real name of, "Hitlerstomper" then I will be happy.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

circ dick soleil posted:

Link plz, need something to keep me entertained @ work.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

AlternateAccount posted:

It's just a picture of the FBI anti-piracy warning with MGS4 music playing

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Frankston posted:

It's just a picture of the FBI anti-piracy warning with MGS4 music playing

GOTY

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

Tommy.... :smith:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

I'm guessing Bethesda sent them a C&D and they decided to have a little fun with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Do weapons/armor still have hard stat minimums (ie, you can't even swing this weapon without Str 6), or is low stat just mean you are bad at it?

• Locked thread