Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can someone clarify the "power armour works more like a vehicle" mechanic? Does it mean I need to recharge / fuel it and there will be limitations that prevent me from wearing it 24/7 once I get training? That would be kinda cool since I love sneaky characters and Space Marines equally but always end up having to make separate characters.

I think if I'm going to play this it'll be best to get in 1-2 months after the GECK gets released so all the annoyance fix mods are out but there won't be a tower of total conversions bigger than the base game that requires a new loader to sort out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

Can someone clarify the "power armour works more like a vehicle" mechanic? Does it mean I need to recharge / fuel it and there will be limitations that prevent me from wearing it 24/7 once I get training? That would be kinda cool since I love sneaky characters and Space Marines equally but always end up having to make separate characters.

I think if I'm going to play this it'll be best to get in 1-2 months after the GECK gets released so all the annoyance fix mods are out but there won't be a tower of total conversions bigger than the base game that requires a new loader to sort out.

I think you need fusion cores to power them.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Raged posted:

GreenMan Gaming have started sending out keys for the game.:dance:

I honestly avoided a lot of the info on the game. I just saw the perk list and how levelling will work and I am really excited to make a character now.

Does anyone know if we will be able to raise our SPECIAL stats after character creation?

The rinky dink shithole I ordered from isn't sending them out until 48 to 8 hours before release. With my internet I probably won't be playing until Wednesday

Serves me right for caring about a few % more in savings :smithicide:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How big is the download for this game anyway? I'm guessing at least 25 gigs.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Avocados posted:

According to the Steam page it's 30 GB.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Avocados posted:

The preload is 23.8

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Daztek posted:

That's what I thought and the wiki confirms it. Thinking back to Metro it really sucked when you'd be outdoors and run out of gasmask filters so I'm not sure how I feel about this (though at least you don't simply choke to death and pray you had an earlier save).

Either way someone is going to mod infinite duration fusion cores on day 1 if they don't last at least an in-game week.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

That's what I thought and the wiki confirms it. Thinking back to Metro it really sucked when you'd be outdoors and run out of gasmask filters so I'm not sure how I feel about this (though at least you don't simply choke to death and pray you had an earlier save).

Either way someone is going to mod infinite duration fusion cores on day 1 if they don't last at least an in-game week.

The suit still works without power cores, but it moves much slower and can't use VATS. So you can very slowly move it back to base or whatever.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

ScratchAndSniff posted:

If I can get a handy from Mr. Handy this will be goty.

Still waiting for Mr. Blowy.

Man Whore posted:

I pre-ordered this game to spite haters so I hope the game is really good so they don't laugh at me.

The modders will make it good. If you're on console sux2bu.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are they still doing the faction reputation thing from NV?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Red Suit posted:

Are they still doing the faction reputation thing from NV?
I hope they fix it so that it doesn't count if you don't leave witnesses.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Shumagorath posted:

There was a quest on a stream that awarded like 20 cores and someone said they spotted a quest for a superior core which I'd bet unlocks infinite use later on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mokinokaro posted:

There was a quest on a stream that awarded like 20 cores and someone said they spotted a quest for a superior core which I'd bet unlocks infinite use later on.

I hope the better quality cores cause bigger explosions when they're ejected. Are there any items that require schematics to make in this game? Most of the perks just talk about mods for weapons and armor.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Crabtree posted:

I hope the better quality cores cause bigger explosions when they're ejected. Are there any items that require schematics to make in this game? Most of the perks just talk about mods for weapons and armor.

There is a perk (Nuclear Physicist, INT 9) that does that exact thing.

Not sure about craftable items, though.

VVV Tooltips seem to indicate that they literally only work on humans, which is... kinda ultra-specialized. They might be high-damage or cause radiation sickness to compensate.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 7, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Have they explained how radiation weapons work? I'm guessing they work on organics but not robots or ghouls, which is bullshit because that stuff can definitely spark robots.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

They work on people but not ghouls or robots. It's sci-fi logic, not real life logic.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

How much radiation? Like, are we going full on Elephant's foot?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

sitchelin posted:

Critical hits will probably have them burning people to cinders... while still only working on humans :sigh:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

sitchelin posted:

The photoelectric effect will gently caress up pretty much anything made of metal that isn't some Skyrim dwarven steampunk bullshit assuming you're hitting it with X-rays. Gamma rays are even better.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Daztek posted:

Any particular reason other than gameplay ones they did this?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

No.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I know that NV has some references to SA:
the balls on a cliff thing
the YCS rifle

what else is there?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

sout posted:

I know that NV has some references to SA:
the balls on a cliff thing
the YCS rifle

what else is there?

You can find johnny five aces too

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Shumagorath posted:

Have they explained how radiation weapons work? I'm guessing they work on organics but not robots or ghouls, which is bullshit because that stuff can definitely spark robots.

Going by a stream I watched last night, the gamma gun took some pretty significant chunks of health out of a robot enemy.

It also looks pretty neat.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp looks like I will be playing fallout from a hotel room. Just found out that the tradies working on my house suspect asbestos in the old part and I have to leave for 3 days while its removed.

See gaming laptops aren't useless.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think this is going to be my somewhat inspired by Rick and Morty build

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/specia...c=6&i=6&a=2&l=6

a perception bobble will give me lockpicking and a charisma bobble will give me party boy

I think that gives me Armorer, Vats targeting bonuses, access to all the settlement stuff, better crits, and high tech mods

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I can't wait to play this and I hope you all have lots of fun doing the same!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Songbearer posted:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Songbearer posted:

:agreed:
And I can't wait to see screenshots of the hideous monstrosities goons make with the character creator.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No, THATS IMPOSSIBLE

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Raged posted:

GreenMan Gaming have started sending out keys for the game.:dance:

Did they stop being a Steam discount warehouse or something? Looks like it's $60.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I got it for ~45ish last month. You have to add their little discount code that always spells out a dumb pun

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ole tippy toes todd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does Rifleman affect shotguns? If not, which perk does?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

The Lone Badger posted:

Does Rifleman affect shotguns? If not, which perk does?

I'd suspect semi-auto shotguns take advantage of Rifleman. Maybe.

loving weird there's no shotgun perk.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
wait this game comes out on the 9th, not the 10th..hot dog

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently Bethesda loves using family in its storytelling, such as how Skyrim was about the Dragonborn finding his dragon dad.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I completed both Oblivion and Fallout 3's story and couldn't tell you a thing about what happens in either. I only remember Kvatch and the cool neighbourhood simulation respectively. Good thing Bethesda games are so fun to explore and there are still lots of neat stories everywhere else :)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Songbearer posted:

I completed both Oblivion and Fallout 3's story and couldn't tell you a thing about what happens in either. I only remember Kvatch and the cool neighbourhood simulation respectively. Good thing Bethesda games are so fun to explore and there are still lots of neat stories everywhere else :)

C'mon, how could you forget Liberty Prime?
Though Oblivion's main quest was totally forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I remember having to do some stupid sacrifice at the end of FO3 that was totally unnecessary.

• Locked thread