Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

TSBX posted:

The ship titles in the port are now yelled at you.

Same for the names in game.

INDEPENDE...
SOUTH CA...
NEW MEXICO
KONGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
The alpha mac client has somehow gotten MORE hosed. I'm gonna stop trying to use it until it updates again.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

wdarkk posted:

The alpha mac client has somehow gotten MORE hosed. I'm gonna stop trying to use it until it updates again.

whhhaaaa?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

see, wdark has this thing where he masochistically tests the mac client for bugs
i think its his fetish or something

at least when he inevitably crashes, his SSD lets him load back in super fast

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Darkrenown posted:

It's nice the low tier German ships get a buff, although I can't help being somewhat salty as I just finished grinding the Karlsruhe.

Don't worry, the Karlsruhe is still garbage.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Hazdoc, wdarkk, it was great playing with you in division, we wrecked fools. I think we may have lost one out of 10 battles? Goon divisions make this game way more fun. Will have a mic, next time.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So the Karlsruhe still sucks? The tier 5 ship is decent? If so I might use free xp tonight and try to get into it asap.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
The new swear filter censors "yed" as in pla*** and "sex", but not actual swears like gently caress or rear end in a top hat. :waycool:

Tier 9 CV Es***? Verboten! gently caress and cum in my rear end in a top hat? Well that's just fine - WG

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eh, it apparently blocks the entirety of "goddamn", but doesn't block "retard".

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
What is this swear filter nonsense and can it not be turned off? :fuckthis:

Also does the free day of premium mentioned in the patch notes start when you first log in after the patch, or did it start when the patch went live?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Zotix posted:

So the Karlsruhe still sucks? The tier 5 ship is decent? If so I might use free xp tonight and try to get into it asap.

It still sucks, but now I guess you can penetrate cruisers and destroyers with your shells. Konigsberg is pretty good as long as you don't get hit. Really good AP.

Also, the Fletcher was good before the patch, but now the fire rate got buffed and it's even better. 3 second reload with Basic Firing Training. :kingsley:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If anyone hasn't already made an account, if you download the world of tanks magazine off their website you'll get a Tier 3 light tank for WoT and a Diana for WoW

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

did they nerf xp? 100k+ damage game and I got 1134 xp? Feels like before that would have been a 1500xp+ game

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Were you shooting at a lot of BBs? Remember that xp is based on the % of a target's health you deal, not raw damage output, so 100k damage dealt to destroyers is worth more than 100k damage to battleships. Also you get a bonus modifier for hitting higher tier ships (and I think reduced xp for lower tiered ships).

Gorau
Apr 28, 2008
Xp is not just proportional to damage from my understanding. It's also related to the proportion of damage you did to each target. So taking half a destroyers health is worth about as much as taking half a battleships. I could be totally wrong but that's what I've heard.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Reztes posted:

Were you shooting at a lot of BBs? Remember that xp is based on the % of a target's health you deal, not raw damage output, so 100k damage dealt to destroyers is worth more than 100k damage to battleships. Also you get a bonus modifier for hitting higher tier ships (and I think reduced xp for lower tiered ships).

I was in a Tier 9 and did a shitload of damage to a Yamato, probably most of his hp with a couple long duration fires and 50 hits. Did good damage to like 3 cruisers too so it seemed odd. Maybe its because the enemy team still had like half their team left at the end of the game. I know in tanks that did affect your overall xp, it was like you got a small bonus for tanks blown up by your team.

Next game I didnt feel like I contributed all that much and got more base exp, so it must have just been a fluky game that didnt pass the eyeball test.

I like the 5 minute warning timer

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TSBX posted:

The ship titles in the port are now yelled at you.

I turned my speakers on, logged in and clicked around for 2 minutes trying to get the client to shout the names at me before I realised what you meant :suicide:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5BH2fxH2k
Apparently there is a bug with Dogfighting Expert :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

According to the patch notes it's supposed to be +10% per tier, for a boost of +50% in that specific situation. Holy poo poo if they hosed up and shifted a decimal point. But if they did it should have been blatantly noticeable with any tier difference, so how the hell didn't they catch it in testing? Did they somehow manage to screw it up in transferring it to the main servers?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

If anyone hasn't already made an account, if you download the world of tanks magazine off their website you'll get a Tier 3 light tank for WoT and a Diana for WoW

Where did you find this in the magazine? It's a ridiculously stupid interface. I just saw a 10% discount on a package for a tank.

I never played world of tanks, so I'm seeing if I can get a free week of premium or something, since it's unified, and hey, maybe a Diana to sell for silver.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

jownzy posted:

Where did you find this in the magazine? It's a ridiculously stupid interface. I just saw a 10% discount on a package for a tank.

I never played world of tanks, so I'm seeing if I can get a free week of premium or something, since it's unified, and hey, maybe a Diana to sell for silver.

Very near the beginning of issue2
It'll say "NEW TO WARGAMING?" at the top.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
So I was in my North Carolina and put 15 shells in an Atlanta broadside at 10km and not a single citadel hit.
Did they patch the atlanta giant citadel recently ?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Krogort posted:

So I was in my North Carolina and put 15 shells in an Atlanta broadside at 10km and not a single citadel hit.

Last night I may or may not have been having desyc issues with where my shots were landing. So it could be that.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Aesis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5BH2fxH2k
Apparently there is a bug with Dogfighting Expert :v:

yea had this happen to me last night in my langley. other carrier's fighters wiped my torpedo bomber squad in one pass. I was in such disbelief I thought the guy must have been cheating.

Also their new chat filter blocks "gay" so I can't do my trademark "im gay" at the start of every match anymore :(

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Krogort posted:

Maybe just bad luck? If it had been MY Atlanta, I'm sure every single one of them would have hit the citadel. :saddowns:

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I just got a New York and I'm getting absolutely destroyed in tier V-VII matches. I got so frustrated I rebought a Hermelin, upgraded it and stuck my best German captain in. As long as I stay a safe distance it's a brutal killing machine. Frequent citadels, slow stupid opponents, just fun all around. Over 1000 free XP every match basically. In a few days I'll go back to the higher tier matches and die again but for now I'm in heaven.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

yea had this happen to me last night in my langley. other carrier's fighters wiped my torpedo bomber squad in one pass. I was in such disbelief I thought the guy must have been cheating.

Also their new chat filter blocks "gay" so I can't do my trademark "im gay" at the start of every match anymore :(

My trademark greeting is usually this:

"Point all of your inches towards the enemy's rear and shoot your hot load all over them until it penetrates deep into their belly, cuz that is what seaman do." (Or something along the lines)
Depending on people's reaction, I like to follow up with: "Don't you like to get your decks wet and sticky?"

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

MrKatharsis posted:

I just got a New York and I'm getting absolutely destroyed in tier V-VII matches. I got so frustrated I rebought a Hermelin, upgraded it and stuck my best German captain in. As long as I stay a safe distance it's a brutal killing machine. Frequent citadels, slow stupid opponents, just fun all around. Over 1000 free XP every match basically. In a few days I'll go back to the higher tier matches and die again but for now I'm in heaven.

What's wrong with the NY? I haven't gotten there, but I want to go down the USN BB line.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

The NY is slow but for me it hasn't been a bad ship otherwise.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
It's fine, I just got bumped into higher tier matches and don't have the skills to compete.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Just say, "I am a homosexual." :v:

The other day I started with, "If the guys in charge of the navy are admirals, why does the game reference some general named Quarters?"

I should've screen-shotted the responses.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

dominoeffect posted:

What's wrong with the NY? I haven't gotten there, but I want to go down the USN BB line.

The New York is excellent against most things, because the good armour makes up for the slow speed when closing, it's short and has a tight turning circle with decent AA that combine to easily confound carriers, and it has volume of fire to compensate for battleship accuracy. The only thing that really tears it a new rear end in a top hat is 6" HE spam from Omahas, Clevelands, etc

Easy to get caught on the wrong side of the map though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

The New York is excellent against most things, because the good armour makes up for the slow speed when closing, it's short and has a tight turning circle with decent AA that combine to easily confound carriers, and it has volume of fire to compensate for battleship accuracy. The only thing that really tears it a new rear end in a top hat is 6" HE spam from Omahas, Clevelands, etc

Easy to get caught on the wrong side of the map though.

To be fair, even disregarding the fact that you can very easily end up either caught with no escape or completely unable to shoot anything due to its low speed even in Tier equivalent matches, it does likely die faster when it runs into T7 BBs than the Kongo. Neither can particularly resist 16" shells, but the Kongo has more speed and maneuverability to help out in not getting hit. Against 14" guns it's definitely better though.

Also, if WG really wanted to kill CV gameplay, this latest fuckup sure seems to be encouraging people not to play them. That issue needs to be hotfixed ASAP, not left to twist in the wind for a month like Yamato's CBT turrets.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Kill two ships and get a million credits.

I'm guessing this is just an intro "mission".

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

A million credits and a slot.

Not sure what I should use the slot for, since I don't enjoy carriers enough to have two at once.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Ugh, my interested in putting money down on this game just declined sharply. Was waiting for Warspite to go back on sale but I doubt I will go for it now if there is a similar bullshit Chinese line-up as what happened in WoT. Why cant they keep this stuff exclusive to the SEA server if they reallty must cater to China. IAnd it is not even like their tech trees are even associated with real nations anyway! God, I hate this. My interest in WoT died to the influx of prototypes, napkin designs and a dubious Chinese tech tree. Really killed what immersion there was.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/3rrnrw/top_kek_glorious_middle_kingdom_tech_tree/

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Sounds silly to me, more ships is more variety which makes the game more interesting, it was getting pretty dull only seeing USA/IJN ships until recently. Although I do wish they're add the goddamn Royal Navy.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Darkrenown posted:

Sounds silly to me, more ships is more variety which makes the game more interesting, it was getting pretty dull only seeing USA/IJN ships until recently. Although I do wish they're add the goddamn Royal Navy.

Its supposed to be the next country introduced, though German BBs or more Russian ships might make it in first.
Also my post was a quote from that thread, just in case anyone actually thinks I care about MUH IMMERSION

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

Its supposed to be the next country introduced, though German BBs or more Russian ships might make it in first.
Also my post was a quote from that thread, just in case anyone actually thinks I care about MUH IMMERSION

I'm all for nazi BBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The German tree is also ridiculous paper and for some reason the flag is red instead of white but nobody objects to that for some reason.