Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I dunno, I just see sadness and emptiness. She looks like she's about to cry, like :smith:.

That's the impotent part. She's sad because the big mean government didn't let her go with a medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is when, immediately after the deaths were announced, Romney unscrupulously lunged on the incident to score some cheap political points on Obama, right?
Yes, and he was very happy about it

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is when, immediately after the deaths were announced, Romney unscrupulously lunged on the incident to score some cheap political points on Obama, right?

Yeah this picture still fills me with rage.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Pretty sure David Vitter is going to poo poo himself when he sees this. Fortunately for him, he knows how to handle that situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZQVCFVVVE0

Bel-Edwards just *might* be related to old Edwin. Talk about a well-timed ad AND knowing your potential voters.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Honestly the single biggest display of the Republican Party's detachment from reality for me is that when Benghazi happened two months immediately before a Presidential Election it didn't help them win, but they still think it's the silver bullet to stop the Clinton campaign four years on when no one cares anymore.

Joementum posted:

Pretty sure David Vitter is going to poo poo himself when he sees this. Fortunately for him, he knows how to handle that situation.

Also, this is loving brutal

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I dunno, I just see sadness and emptiness. She looks like she's about to cry, like :smith:.

What do you mean I don't get a visit from the Pope and gofundme money? :cry:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Edwin Edwards did claim they were related.

quote:

Edwin Edwards, a Democrat, says he'll vote for John Bel Edwards. They're distantly related, he said, but he also likes that John Bel Edwards was a critic of Gov. Bobby Jindal long before many others.

Edwin Edwards told the crowd his advice to John Bel Edwards: "I told him, 'If you find people (who) like you, then tell them we're cousins...''

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/09/edwin_edwards_on_trump_and_lou.html

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Oh poo poo guys, here it is in plain English: full scholarships!

Plus I'm not sure but I think that's Ben Carson in the ad! drat Liberal Media!

(Seriously, isn't Politico pretty right-wing?)

Generally they are about as right wing as RollCall. The exception being that they LOVE LOVE LOVE Dick Cheney and will uncritically take anything e says and promote it as the absolute iron gospel truth that may not be contested, contradicted, or disagreed with

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Generally they are about as right wing as RollCall. The exception being that they LOVE LOVE LOVE Dick Cheney and will uncritically take anything e says and promote it as the absolute iron gospel truth that may not be contested, contradicted, or disagreed with
So they're a neocon rag, but just not a full on right wing crazy rag.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Joementum posted:

:drat:

That's...wow. loving cold.

And well deserved. Vitter's response is going to be highly entertaining at the minimum, assuming it doesn't come in the form of literal shots fired.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know who else answered a prostitute's call over the call to govern?

Jesus

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

OAquinas posted:

That's...wow. loving cold.

And well deserved. Vitter's response is going to be highly entertaining at the minimum, assuming it doesn't come in the form of literal shots fired.

Vitter hasn't had a response this entire election cycle other than the same goddamn commercial running here over & over that simply calls Edwards an "Obama Liberal". Like, that's it.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's a protest at the University of Missouri right now over anti-semitism among the student body. Someone drew a swastika made out of poo poo on a dorm room wall. The university refuses to do anything about that or other racist activities.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article43438974.html#storylink=fb_staff

While I was at Mizzou somebody dumped a bunch of cotton balls outside of the Black Culture Center and nothing ever came of it. Missouri is a terrible state.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
That moment you realize Bernie Sanders has your vote.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

So they're a neocon rag, but just not a full on right wing crazy rag.

I'd say POLITICO is best characterized as "establishment Republican".

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

ThingOne posted:

While I was at Mizzou somebody dumped a bunch of cotton balls outside of the Black Culture Center and nothing ever came of it. Missouri is a terrible state.

I don't know if I should feel good about myself or not, that it took me a few moments to get the message behind that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Vitter hasn't had a response this entire election cycle other than the same goddamn commercial running here over & over that simply calls Edwards an "Obama Liberal". Like, that's it.

I worry that it will be enough

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

HOT gently caress

(My poor PredictIt shares :( )

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

I worry that it will be enough

There's always reason to worry, but I pointed it out more to illustrate the one-trick pony style of campaign that Vitter has run so far. People here seem to be focusing less on that line of attack and more on the fact that Edwards has picked up plenty of eyebrow-raising endorsements while Vitter decided he wasn't going to address anything this cycle. It really does appear that Vitter has run his campaign so far solely on popularity, as if it was a static metric.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv9M03Mf1D0

More anti-Vitter ads, this one from GumboPAC.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Joementum posted:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

JT Jag posted:

Yes, and he was very happy about it

Kind of like when he thought it was hilarious to strap the family dog on the roof of the car for a several hour road trip?

Or dunking a kid in the school toilet and other bullying?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Kind of like when he thought it was hilarious to strap the family dog on the roof of the car for a several hour road trip?

Was that the same kid they shaved the head of cause he was gay?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

This is gonna be in textbooks in like 10 years about how to destroy people in a 30 second spot

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

See that smirk on his face in the photo? It expresses an inner narrative of either "Heh, nailed it," or "Oh gently caress, I just blew it royal."

Given what we know about Romney's campaign, and personal expectations, I suspect you can guess which is the more likely answer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zoux posted:

Joementum's alter-ego is pushing the narrative that Politico is overplaying its hands because 3 months ago he said this:

Here's the book text:

Is it weird that I'm more scandalized by how badly this writing is? Very prominent in the Viet Nam war? 1st grade "I did this, and then did this" narrative?

He really is the walking avatar of a Benadryl pill.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Joementum posted:

This is pretty loving amazing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Joementum's alter-ego is pushing the narrative that Politico is overplaying its hands because 3 months ago he said this:

Here's the book text:

This insipid prose reminds me of David Foster Wallace's essay about bad sports autobiographies. That text reads like excerpts from the Stephi Graf autobiography he unpacks.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 6, 2015

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Shageletic posted:

Is it weird that I'm more scandalized by how badly this writing is? Very prominent in the Viet Nam war? 1st grade "I did this, and then did this" narrative?

Did you expect anything different?

evilweasel posted:

This is pretty loving amazing.

I can't wait to see vitter get his rear end kicked by a landslide.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

A) Gifted Hands didn't have a ghostwriter. Writing isn't easy, especially when you think you're good at it because you're good at another thing.

B) Pretty much every book in the RW Pundit superstar canon is basically written on first grade level.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joementum posted:

Yowch.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

There's always reason to worry, but I pointed it out more to illustrate the one-trick pony style of campaign that Vitter has run so far. People here seem to be focusing less on that line of attack and more on the fact that Edwards has picked up plenty of eyebrow-raising endorsements while Vitter decided he wasn't going to address anything this cycle. It really does appear that Vitter has run his campaign so far solely on popularity, as if it was a static metric.

And that popularity is trending way, way downward lately. I imagine it's surprising the hell out if him.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

JT Jag posted:

My biggest takeaway from this article is that we need to make an English version of the German word "fachidiot".

I propose "Fascidiot": an idiot who hides his idiocy behind a fascade of competency in one area.

The English word for 'fachidiot' is 'fachidiot'. :colbert: That's what's great about English. We don't putter around like French and try to make a word fit (Americans at least), we just take that word. You should remember this if you feel some angst over schadenfreude interrupting your weltschmerz over the common kulturkampf.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Yowch.

And that popularity is trending way, way downward lately. I imagine it's surprising the hell out if him.

Oh, I'm fairly sure you're right about that. But what did he expect? I mean, the anti-Jindal sentiment that's been going on for quite awhile now should've signaled to him that just having (R) next to your name isn't a greenlight, especially in a state that has a recent history of voting for Democrats.

Combine that with him ducking debates and pulling weird poo poo like having that PI spy on the sheriffs association and whelp...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Oh, I'm fairly sure you're right about that. But what did he expect? I mean, the anti-Jindal sentiment that's been going on for quite awhile now should've signaled to him that just having (R) next to your name isn't a greenlight, especially in a state that has a recent history of voting for Democrats.

Combine that with him ducking debates and pulling weird poo poo like having that PI spy on the sheriffs association and whelp...

To be fair, if Angelle or Dardenne made the runoff, that R by their name would've been just fine. I just think this swell of anti-Vitterism just exploded in the last six weeks. His ads definitely backfired on him.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Dardenne reminds me much more of a Bluedog democrat than even an establishment Republican.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

foobardog posted:

The English word for 'fachidiot' is 'fachidiot'. :colbert: That's what's great about English. We don't putter around like French and try to make a word fit (Americans at least), we just take that word. You should remember this if you feel some angst over schadenfreude interrupting your weltschmerz over the common kulturkampf.
Fachidiot hasn't been adopted into the common english lexicon like schadenfreude, was my point I suppose.

People should use it more.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Fachwit.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

what exactly was the context behind this image again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Actually let's just change the definition of "halfwit" to this

Someone who literally has half a wit to them

• Locked thread