Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

cheesetriangles posted:

Reports on Gaf are saying the PS4 version is hosed and the Xbone version is good. Ps3 version was hosed last gen. Bethesda just can't handle playstations I guess.

Also everyone is playing the game on Monday via vpn right.

Well that's annoying, as my only real option for playing the game is on PS4, which I already have pre-ordered. I hope it will be patched soon.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Well that's annoying, as my only real option for playing the game is on PS4, which I already have pre-ordered. I hope it will be patched soon.

Same.

It looked playable on the streams/leaks fine. I'm assuming gaf means the xbox one looks nicer.

EDIT: Okay, the "reports" are coming from the console war section of GAF which is known for bullshit. Posters on the main gaf forum are saying the only real issue they've seen on PS4 is bad fps when too many enemies are crowded in an interior.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 6, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

why would you buy a bethesda rpg on a console. theres not even any mods. why would you ever pay money to be stuck with the base version of a bethesda rpg forever? whats wrong with you

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually there are mods now. Also I did not feel like putting hundreds of dollars into my aging PC to hit the system requirements.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Actually there are mods now. Also I did not feel like putting hundreds of dollars into my aging PC to hit the system requirements.

It'd be around a thousand bucks here. My PC's basically a glorified word processor.

EDIT: \/ They definitely won't which is why I'll buy a GOTY PC version in a couple years on discount once I can afford a system upgrade. Also, nice that this thread's turning into immature shitposting again.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 6, 2015

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

:laffo: if you think consoles are going to have anywhere close to the same degree of freedom of mods as the PC version. No loving way they allow anything like a script extender.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Reports on Gaf are saying the PS4 version is hosed and the Xbone version is good. Ps3 version was hosed last gen. Bethesda just can't handle playstations I guess.

Also everyone is playing the game on Monday via vpn right.

I would not put overly high amounts of trust in Gaf.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If I could reasonably get on PC I would don't get me wrong, I'm aware the console version is second class. I just want to play the video game is all.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

But can bobbleheads boost stats past 10?
Yes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

cheesetriangles posted:

:laffo: if you think consoles are going to have anywhere close to the same degree of freedom of mods as the PC version. No loving way they allow anything like a script extender.

Lover's Lab for consoles!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

I would not put overly high amounts of trust in Gaf.

The gaf reports are coming from consolewarz.de and the name is all you need to know about that shitpile of a site.

Actual Gaf people who have played PS4 version say it's fine outside of the indoor slowdown bug on occasion (and it seems to not be a constant issue as only some have reported it.)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

yeah not having a script extender is the same thing as not having mods

the only worthwhile mods that dont use a script extender are textures and lets face it your console can barely play the game with shadows turned off and reused textures from fallout 3`

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Lover's Lab for consoles!

I enjoy open world rpgs but wouldn't the game be better if I had a horse dick.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The Goatfather posted:

yeah not having a script extender is the same thing as not having mods

That's not what I said at all. Just saying they won't have the best mods because all the best mods use script extenders.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

cheesetriangles posted:

That's not what I said at all. Just saying they won't have the best mods because all the best mods use script extenders.

Pretty sure goat was agreeing with you, because if you can't have the best mods, why have mods at all? /hyperbole

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
That dude that started attacking friendly NPCs - did he manage to kill them, or is this "everyone is set essential" all over again?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

God that looks terrible. It looks like a The Sims expansion circa 2002.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

First thing I do is gonna coc testinghall or whatever and loot all the best items.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

First thing I do is gonna coc testinghall or whatever and loot all the best items.

qasmoke looks like it might be the right room. It had all the crafting benches, power armor types, and a few tables with footlockers

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Lotish posted:

Pretty sure goat was agreeing with you, because if you can't have the best mods, why have mods at all? /hyperbole

It's not so much just "the best mods" - drat near anything worth using in Skyrim requires the script extender. The stuff that doesn't is almost always really simple stuff like texture/model replacements, which you also don't want on console because they'd ruin the performance.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Any streams going right now?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bottle caps still better be 000000f.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Walrus Pete posted:

It's not so much just "the best mods" - drat near anything worth using in Skyrim requires the script extender. The stuff that doesn't is almost always really simple stuff like texture/model replacements, which you also don't want on console because they'd ruin the performance.

Yeah, the only real option to keep console modding active would be Bethesda patching more scripting functions into the game as demand called for. Which I don't see them doing because who knows what it might break.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

Bottle caps still better be 000000f.

yes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Also I'm kind of scared of another Obsidian Fallout now with the new 4 system. A lot of purists will probably demand them to go back to the age of Skills and twitter bomb the review even lower than New Vegas when they likely keep most of 4's new strengths, if it ever happens at all.

I can confirm for you that Obsidian will never work with Bethesda again after the poo poo they pulled last time

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Protons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMvsyL770

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, the only real option to keep console modding active would be Bethesda patching more scripting functions into the game as demand called for. Which I don't see them doing because who knows what it might break.

One of those cheat console/computer terminal where you just push a button to gain a level or get 10000 caps or whatever wouldn't require a script extender would it? Because I would want one of those for new game + stuff on later playthroughs.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

One of those cheat console/computer terminal where you just push a button to gain a level or get 10000 caps or whatever wouldn't require a script extender would it? Because I would want one of those for new game + stuff on later playthroughs.

I think that would work.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Grapplejack posted:

I can confirm for you that Obsidian will never work with Bethesda again after the poo poo they pulled last time

oh can you

i'm guessing you're with obsidian then, given that sawyer said there was no bad blood between the companies.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm still getting the game at midnight and even if it is the most filthy pile of bubbling poo poo I have ever played I will still have an amazing time just to spite this piece of poo poo thread

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Obsidian said a few weeks ago they want to work on the next one, what are talking about?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

considering they're working for russian overlords mail.ru in one of their current projects i'd say they're not too proud to get another AA job, also previous post

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Protons posted:

Hurr I care about graphics and sound buhhhh

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
So let's talk VPN activation folks. New Zeland Fallout 4 unlock in Steam is like 8AM EST on the 9th! So hypothetically if I have a VPN service with a server in New Zeland, would i be able to activate VPN, start Steam, unlock Fallout 4 (already bought), and then close Steam, stop VPN and just play after Steam restart?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Back Hack posted:

Obsidian said a few weeks ago they want to work on the next one, what are talking about?

That's upsetting to hear

I guess when they get hosed again I'll be sure to laugh at them

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Also, nice that this thread's turning into immature shitposting again.

Any evidence based critique is considered immature shitposting and trolling. Never change, games forum.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Grapplejack posted:

That's upsetting to hear

I guess when they get hosed again I'll be sure to laugh at them

yeah that's probably just slightly less idiotic than pretending to speak for them then substituting your own retarded fan fiction for their decisions :coffeepal:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

botany posted:

yeah that's probably just slightly less idiotic than pretending to speak for them then substituting your own retarded fan fiction for their decisions :coffeepal:

turn your monitor on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

oblomov posted:

So let's talk VPN activation folks. New Zeland Fallout 4 unlock in Steam is like 8AM EST on the 9th! So hypothetically if I have a VPN service with a server in New Zeland, would i be able to activate VPN, start Steam, unlock Fallout 4 (already bought), and then close Steam, stop VPN and just play after Steam restart?

No, you either have to keep the VPN on until it releases for real in your time zone, or you have to put Steam in offline mode first, and then disconnect. With the latter, it might also mean that achievements won't unlock if that's important for you.

• Locked thread