Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

nexus6 posted:

I get irritated when people think my username is a reference to a smartphone.

I get irritated when people think my name is Mike and/or that I'm a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Does career hunting count as a First World Problem? When I say that I don't mean 'figuring out what I want to do in life' kind of deal, I mean 'desperately searching for a job opening to get my foot in the door' kind of struggle.

It's been a huge pain in the rear end.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I made and consequently ate too many nachos before bed.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I ordered a watch online and the package got wrongly sent to another country. The tracker then proclaimed that it will be sent back to the merchant. So I got in contact with him and he gave me the option to resend it or get my money back. Because I wasn't in a hurry I wanted them to resend a new package. Not two days after that, the first package arrived at my door somehow and now I got a second one coming. Now I need to get back in contact and probably send the one back on my own time and it suuucks. And I am too much of a upright citizen to just wait and see if they'll notice that they never got the first one back.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Got married about 2 months ago. Still have thank you cards to write for all the gifts we got. But my hand hurts writing the same message over and over to everyone. And we are maybe halfway done.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I ghosted a gal and now, three weeks later, she's sending me bitchy texts.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

On the plus side I'll be breaking out the hammer drill to install poo poo into solid concrete/brick walls :unsmigghh:

Tell me more about this hammer drill. I am renting an old house with tough-as-rock walls and don't want to make a bunch of craters just to hang pictures. Maybe I should use Command hooks. I don't know.

My FWP is that my work is having stupid administrative drama that could easily be resolved but isn't.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

kreyla posted:

Tell me more about this hammer drill. I am renting an old house with tough-as-rock walls and don't want to make a bunch of craters just to hang pictures. Maybe I should use Command hooks. I don't know.

My FWP is that my work is having stupid administrative drama that could easily be resolved but isn't.

If you're renting you probably don't want to punch any sort of hole in the walls. Just buy some stick-on hooks and use those.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I had to bake something for a class potluck and I wasn't paying much attention to the recipe so I'm afraid there's not enough flour in it. Now that it's already in the oven I'm torn between just bringing it as is; or dumping it and buying something at the store in its' place.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

kreyla posted:

It's basically just a super power drill and you would use special drill bits. But yeah I wouldn't drill either if you're renting and especially if you haven't used a hammer drill before. Hmmm I actually should pick up some new bits but that means I have to go to Home Depot and look through their ginormous bit section :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Nov 2, 2015

uptown
May 16, 2009
I am friends on Facebook with someone who constantly posts STDH but they are also a goon who reads PYF and so I do not post their STDH. I wish I could, it's nearly every day that this person has an outrageous story that, whiles *maybe* partially true, is at the very least embellished to hell and back. I enjoy reading the STDH and mocking this person with my friends who also are acquainted with them, but I wish I could :justpost:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My back hurts because I slouched at a computer all day the other day, instead of sitting properly.

As such, the muscles that deal with keeping one's torso upright are a bit overworked/tired/pulled.

This makes it really each to slouch even more. :suicide:

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Crow Jane posted:

What kind of monster puts the toothpaste on before wetting the brush?

The kind of monster who all too often forgets to put toothpaste on after wetting the brush, so has to do it a particular way. :(

Today's FWP: the spot where I put my PS4 has less than optimal wifi signal strength, so Netflix takes slightly longer than normal to bump up the resolution.

Creature has a new favorite as of 05:38 on Nov 3, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Creature posted:

The kind of monster who all too often forgets to put toothpaste on after wetting the brush, so has to do it a particular way. :(

Today's FWP: the spot where I put my PS4 has less than optimal wifi signal strength, so Netflix takes slightly longer than normal to bump up the resolution.

Going to be an rear end and one-up you. My old-as-poo poo building has brick and steel and asbestos all over the place so my wifi doesn't reach into my bedroom despite using the best router, so I have to drag an actual LAN cable to my PS4 if I want to use the internet on it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend just posted a beautiful pic of a prop that I would love to make, but my go to 3d art dude has gone silent on me :saddowns:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm reading a news article in my third language, and there's a thing in the picture associated with the article that I don't know the word for, and it's not strictly related to the article, and I don't want to use Google Translate because that's a bad way to learn, and none of my friends who speak that language are online so I can't ask them. :smith:

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Someone is making Chicken Chili in a crock pot right below my office in the kitchen at work. Everywhere else in the upstairs the smell isn't that powerful, but in my office it is, and it is making me so hungry.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Creature posted:

You... Sometimes brush your teeth with only water, and don't notice?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I found a pretty cool Olaf stuffed toy a few months back. The thing is over two feet tall and pretty drat soft. I got it for a friend's kid....only for her to tell me today he HATES Frozen.

Do I give the thing anyway because what four year old can resist a giant snowman plush?

Worrying about what a four year old thinks, who I see once a year. Is that peak FWP or what.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I skipped leg day the last 3 weeks and I am dreading going back because I know I'm going to destroy my ability to walk up slight inclines. That is, even more so than I usually do.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh god.

On the way home today I made a horrible discovery that will alter my very life on a weekly, or perhaps daily basis.

THERE IS A HARBOR FREIGHT OPEN IN MY TOWN NOW.

gently caress I am gonna be so incredibly poor but have so many tools and poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The new guy I'm training is catching on quickly but seems annoyed that I'm bullshitting with him instead of being 100% on topic.
You got the job, dude, relax!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
There's a piece of dust under the screen protector on my case but I don't want to put in the effort to get it out, plus when I put it back together inevitably there will be another one, or even a big rear end cat hair. It's driving me crazy.

E: ah poo poo I just noticed there IS already a cat hair. ARGGH

NEW ONE

I live off of a long road with no stoplights. Every night, starting at 10:30, a bunch of assholes on crotch rockets go racing FAST AND THE FURIOUS style until about 1:00 am. Without fail, 10:30 hits, here comes the VROOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMsssss. This only started in the past 1 year or so. I shockingly haven't heard any ambulances or read about any deaths... yet.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Nov 6, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yesterday I had a spicy Thai coconut shrimp and peanutbutter grilled sandwich. 16 hours later and I'm still not hungry. It was so goddamn dense and delicious.

The FWP is that I have some expensive cheese and sausage that I'd like to make for breakfast but I seriously don't have room!

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Discovered I could go back to my bookmarked threads from inside of a thread without needing to go back to the main forums the other day. However, I have been doing it the other way for so long, I still go back to the main forums first.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Mac n cheese grosses me out

I'm more broken than I thought

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Now that I have a proper gaming computer I have no idea what games I want to play :saddowns: Before, what I played was dictated by "Can my shitbox run it?".
Now it's "I can run everything. Where do I even start?"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now that I have a proper gaming computer I have no idea what games I want to play :saddowns: Before, what I played was dictated by "Can my shitbox run it?".

Have you played Deus Ex: Human Revolution? That was the first one I tried when I got a decent PC. I also enjoyed Hitman Absolution (also a Square Enix game) though I know fans of the entire series didn't like it for whatever reason. Also try Sleeping Dogs (NOT watch dogs) with the HD texture pack. Sleeping Dogs does night time rainy driving really well, the entire game looks really nice.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I had the same problem when I first upgraded my PC, suddenly there was a bunch of crap I could run, first few steam sales were rough on my wallet but now I pretty much have everything I'd want that isn't new (and no time to play any of it). There's Fallout 4 soon, for high grade graphics GTA 5 and Witcher 3 would be good. Metro Redux maybe, not sure how far back we're going here with what your shitbox could run. Might be a good idea to see if you had a game you could just barely run and then run it maxed out possibly with modded high quality textures and poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was hungover as poo poo at work today because I got to drink for free with friends for three hours last night.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I really wish I had 10,000 more posts on this website.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Brightman posted:

not sure how far back we're going here with what your shitbox could run. Might be a good idea to see if you had a game you could just barely run and then run it maxed out possibly with modded high quality textures and poo poo.

My old computer was a Radeon 5250 HD in an eMachines prebuilt with 4 gig of ram. The current one is a GeForce GTX 970 with 16gb ram and a motherboard that can to up to 32.

Warframe looks really drat good on high settings :v:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Someone wants me to come in for a job interview and now I'm freaking out. I get panicky whenever good things start to happen in my life, and my therapist says I always do whatever it takes to make sure my life doesn't improve. I'm genuinely terrified that I'll get a better job that pays me more money.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I really wish I had 10,000 more posts on this website.

May I ask why?

e: I've only made 3,000 posts?? That seems inaccurately low.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Posts you've made in threads that got deleted are removed from your total, I think.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

May I ask why?

e: I've only made 3,000 posts?? That seems inaccurately low.

Because 12345 posts at 1.11 a day would be weirdly satisfying.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Warframe looks really drat good on high settings :v:

Good god, yes it does. The newer maps they've put out (the underwater ones) are breathtaking.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really do think my brain is dying.
I have health insurance but cannot be bothered to go check it out.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My major phobia is preventing me from progressing in a videogame.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Because 12345 posts at 1.11 a day would be weirdly satisfying.

Wouldn't it be more satisfying at 6.78 posts a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My major phobia is preventing me from progressing in a videogame.

I too fear success.