Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

C'mon, how could you forget Liberty Prime?
Though Oblivion's main quest was totally forgettable.

haha same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm excited to have this game preloaded on my SSD, and I'm also excited for it to unlock so I can play it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Game looks dope can't wait to mod in space marine armor

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Also erection mods

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
I want Tragic the Garnering mini game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
bethesdas storytelling may not be the greatest but i still love the games for the exploration of endless identical caves and how terrible it looks

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

When does obsidian get to make the good Fallout 4

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

bethesdas storytelling may not be the greatest but i still love the games for the exploration of endless identical caves and how terrible it looks

Exactly. I barely remember anything about the story from Fallout 3 but the game as a whole was one of the best games I've ever played.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
idk why I'm excited to explore identical burned out buildings filled with clipboards and coffee mugs again

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Lakbay posted:

idk why I'm excited to explore identical burned out buildings filled with clipboards and coffee mugs again

For the subways.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ZenVulgarity posted:

When does obsidian get to make the good Fallout 4

As soon as they complete Pillars of Eternity 2 and the new Vampire Bloodlines game

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

frajaq posted:

As soon as they complete Pillars of Eternity 2 and the new Vampire Bloodlines game

Nooooo

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Reverse Centaur posted:

I remember having to do some stupid sacrifice at the end of FO3 that was totally unnecessary.

The best part of FO3's dumb sacrifice was when they retconned it for Broken Steel and you could send in Fawkes or whoever instead since they're immune to radiation.

Then the ending basically went "And so the Lone Wanderer chickened out like a pussy bitch, which is about the best you can expect from any idiot fucker who would question the wisdom of killing yourself with radiation while radiation immune people are available for the same task. Dying pointlessly because it's somehow your destiny is a very good idea that only very clever and handsome people can have or properly understand."

I think there's some kind of subtext there.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Well looks like I still have no spine. That GMG voucher worked for me and counters the awful exchange rate. It's not like I needed a new open-world game either; I just started Witcher 3.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I remember having to do some stupid sacrifice at the end of FO3 that was totally unnecessary.
You had two potential companions who were highly resistant to or even healed by radiation yet they still made you off yourself or Sarah. Since the biggest DLC undid that I think Bethsoft have learned their lesson but bigger stuff like the Skyrim civil war having no noticeable change on the rest of the world isn't something I can see them fixing.

New Vegas definitely had the better story but nothing beats downtown DC in terms of map fun factor. I loved all the fighting in urban ruins.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 8, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Vashro posted:

I want Tragic the Garnering mini game

This is already in the game, and easy to play. You sit in a chair at a table and hold crystalline in your mind the transcendent tragedy of the human condition.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Exactly. I barely remember anything about the story from Fallout 3 but the game as a whole was one of the best games I've ever played.

i was joking lol youre actually serious about wanting to eat turds out of an adult diaper

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The best story in Oblivion came from the guilds and a few well done side quests.

Funny because the guilds went straight from "the best part" to "the worst part" in one iteration of the franchise.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i was joking lol youre actually serious about wanting to eat turds out of an adult diaper

you sound unstable, friend, would you like to calm down?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Shumagorath posted:

It's not like I needed a new open-world game either; I just started Witcher 3.

A great game and one that's incredibly hard to get into again if you take an extended break. I'm currently shotgunning through GTA5 and Witcher 3 because I want to experience them as much as possible before Fallout 4. GTA5 moves quickly enough but I regret starting Witcher this close to a Bethesda game because Witcher really needs to be the main game you're playing to really keep up with the narrative

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Funny because the guilds went straight from "the best part" to "the worst part" in one iteration of the franchise.

Eh, the thieves guild in Skyrim was okay.

What I didn't like was how most of the guilds ended up with some supernatural element in Skyrim. It makes sense for the dark brotherhood, but the thieves and companion questlines got silly near the end.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Songbearer posted:

A great game and one that's incredibly hard to get into again if you take an extended break. I'm currently shotgunning through GTA5 and Witcher 3 because I want to experience them as much as possible before Fallout 4. GTA5 moves quickly enough but I regret starting Witcher this close to a Bethesda game because Witcher really needs to be the main game you're playing to really keep up with the narrative
I've taken extended third act breaks on both Witcher 1 & 2 so I'll probably be fine but... yeah, busy tonight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Witcher 3 is good

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Mokinokaro posted:

What I didn't like was how most of the guilds ended up with some supernatural element in Skyrim. It makes sense for the dark brotherhood, but the thieves and companion questlines got silly near the end.

I believe those questlines would have been rather nice if they were secondary or discoverable. As a primary they felt like they were distracting from the concept behind the organizations, almost like they were being employed to shoehorn in a scenario to finish off a checkbox of stuff that needed to be in the game in order to satisfy the 'every daedra is represented' goal.

I don't know what the reasoning is for all of the discoverable questlines and lacking secondary stuff is. Cost of voice acting? Simple time constraints?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Here's a fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBSB9HBofQ

Soral
May 30, 2009

Levantine posted:

you sound unstable, friend, would you like to calm down?

hes right

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Liam Neesons wife died in fallout 3 then in real life.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
personally i think the game looks neat and i will probably enjoy playing it for a few weeks before something new comes along

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Safetyland posted:

When someone says the shooting in Destiny is good, what does that actually mean?

I just hope it doesn't mean having too deal with terrible mouse acceleration and crippled console ui, like some other "multi-plataform" titles out there.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mokinokaro posted:

I got the feeling after playing FO3's laughably bad vampire quest and Skyrim's "our secret is that we're werewolves" quest that the writers for Bethesda are middle school fanfic writers, which would explain a lot

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I got the feeling after playing FO3's laughably bad vampire quest and Skyrim's "our secret is that we're werewolves" quest that the writers for Bethesda are middle school fanfic writers, which would explain a lot

I have it on good authority that nocturnal is a shadow the hedgehog stand-in

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Okay so with it being rememberance Sunday here in the U.K, I was thinking of all those who died in the war and all those in my own life who have passed away and while I was visiting my grandfather today,

I was sat beside his grave and I had a thought, before he died he always spent a bit of time with me every Sunday to watch me play games and to talk about general stuff, and one of the last games he watched me play was fallout 3, I don't remember much about what happened but I do remember explaining the lore to him and he seemed to really enjoy it, and after that he became quite ill and died suddenly, but anyways.

I've decided that tomorrow before I go to the midnight launch I'm going to visit my grandmother, spend some time with her and ask her for a picture of her and me grandfather when they were both younger,

and I'm going to recreate him and her in fallout 4, I can't think of anyone I'd rather play as at the beginning of this brand new adventure and I'm going to go on one last adventure with the old timer.

TL:DR going to make my first character in fallout 4 my deceased grandad and do on one last adventure with him.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
The werewolf stuff in Skyrim was so goddamn bad and cringeworthy

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The concept of the Companions having a weird inner circle of lycanthropes is actually neat and appropriate to a Nordic game (berserker mythology describes them as animalistic and having shapeshifting qualities), the problem was just the oversimplified execution, rushed storyline, and lack of alternative resolutions (like ideally you'd have an option to oust the inner circle or even betray the entire guild and join the lycanthrope hunters or something) which are problems with every single questline in Bethesda games due to their scope

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah I guess I am. Bring out the diapers.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Witcher 3 is good

I think so too. I'm glad that a guy who enjoyed the same game I did is excited for the same game I am.

In other news, video game writing isn't very good, and people have controversial opinions about upcoming popular releases. Holy poo poo!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The concept of the Companions having a weird inner circle of lycanthropes is actually neat and appropriate to a Nordic game (berserker mythology describes them as animalistic and having shapeshifting qualities), the problem was just the oversimplified execution, rushed storyline, and lack of alternative resolutions (like ideally you'd have an option to oust the inner circle or even betray the entire guild and join the lycanthrope hunters or something) which are problems with every single questline in Bethesda games due to their scope

yeah, being forced to make a nebulous pact with shadow the hedgehog to progress in the thieves guild (which turns out to be for a loving worthless daily power) instead of sticking it to the man is another one. Betraying the DB is like the only time I can think of when you get that choice

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Okay so with it being rememberance Sunday here in the U.K, I was thinking of all those who died in the war and all those in my own life who have passed away and while I was visiting my grandfather today,

I was sat beside his grave and I had a thought, before he died he always spent a bit of time with me every Sunday to watch me play games and to talk about general stuff, and one of the last games he watched me play was fallout 3, I don't remember much about what happened but I do remember explaining the lore to him and he seemed to really enjoy it, and after that he became quite ill and died suddenly, but anyways.

I've decided that tomorrow before I go to the midnight launch I'm going to visit my grandmother, spend some time with her and ask her for a picture of her and me grandfather when they were both younger,

and I'm going to recreate him and her in fallout 4, I can't think of anyone I'd rather play as at the beginning of this brand new adventure and I'm going to go on one last adventure with the old timer.

TL:DR going to make my first character in fallout 4 my deceased grandad and do on one last adventure with him.

This is truly lovely gamer. I hope you are your family members have fun in the world wasteland.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I know there are a lot of streams out there right now and some of you have probably watched them, so what's the consensus on how the game looks for the PS4 right now?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zombies' Downfall posted:

This would have made the quest way better

Nothing could help their lovely vampire quests though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Stupid Dick posted:

I know there are a lot of streams out there right now and some of you have probably watched them, so what's the consensus on how the game looks for the PS4 right now?

It looks like Fun

• Locked thread