Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Automatic Slim posted:

No kidding. ¡Jeb! was supposed to be president but W got elected Governor first. ¡Jeb! was always the "bright" one and would make a better president. ¡Jeb! is the better orator. ¡Jeb! will be the one to save the Bush legacy.

Indeed.

W comes off as the brighter, more seasoned politician and statesman. Let that sink in for second. No one in this thread is loving this moment more than George W. Bush.

The real takeaway lesson coming from this is that money and family connections will get you farther than hard work and talent. Either one would've never have gotten this far in life had they not had the last name of Bush.

Funny how the "Miss me yet?" billboard message turned out to be true, just not in the direction they were thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Jeb Bush is the kid who was taught that if you laugh with the bullies they aren't really making fun of you.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I'm sure a group of minimum wage foodservice workers emptied a pack of nails from Home Depot onto a plate that they knew was for Jeb Bush as a hilarious joke

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

I'm sure a group of minimum wage foodservice workers emptied a pack of nails from Home Depot onto a plate that they knew was for Jeb Bush as a hilarious joke

that would get you fired

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I hope they brought him plenty of water to take care of his thirst.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Mantis42 posted:

To be fair she IS smoking.

She is quite lovely, except that in that photo her smile almost looks photoshopped on.

Honestly, with Larry David representing Bernie, I wouldn't be shocked if he came out the big winner of all this. Were his sketches funny? I can't imagine Larry "Seinfeld" David not being able to milk humour out of being on stage with Donald Trump.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Patter Song posted:

For what it's worth, LA Times/USC poll of US and California, but it used SurveyMonkey, an online pollster, so take with a grain of salt. (It is a professional, scientific online poll, but that's not enough to satisfy many)

National:

Trump 25
Carson 21
Rubio/Cruz 12
Jeb! 4
Not releasing numbers below fifth place until tomorrow.

California:

Trump 20
Carson 19
Rubio 14
Cruz 11
Jeb! 4
Again, no numbers below fifth place.
Wow, so that Jeb! poll at 4% might not have been an outlier.

Jeb! Bush polling at 4%, Jesus Christ.:stare:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, "You don't put grain in a pyramid because it's all solid." ~ Donald Trump, on Meet the Press

Related, here's an Egyptologist being asked about Ben Carson's theories. He does not seem to agree with Dr. Carson.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Smoothrich posted:

lmao, people are actually watching snl? you guys really are sheeple

Oh wow. An unironic sheeple quote in the wild? I...I thought they were extinct :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm glad to see the pyramids stuff back in the news because it's way more interesting than the other Carson stuff. I'm bored of his college applications, but I've got plenty of time to discuss archaeology.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
God sent Carson the answers to a chemistry test in his dreams. Is this cheating?

quote:

In Carson’s telling, an early instance of heavenly intervention comes during his freshman year at Yale. It is the night before a final exam in chemistry, and Carson, who had developed weak study habits in high school, is hopelessly behind in the class. If he fails, he will have to drop out of pre-med. “Either help me understand what kind of work I ought to do,” Carson prays to God, “or else perform some kind of miracle and help me pass this exam.” While he sleeps, Carson dreams that a nebulous figure enters the chemistry hall and begins working out problems, while Carson, sitting alone in class, takes rapid notes. The next morning, the actual test contains all the questions from the dream. Carson scores a 97. “For whatever reason,” he concludes, “the God of the universe, the God who holds galaxies in His hands, had seen a reason to reach down to a campus room on planet Earth and send a dream to a discouraged ghetto kid.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2015/11/05/ben-carson-the-humblebragging-instrument-of-god/?postshare=5381446987566289

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Carsonmania is going to end soon and that makes me a little sad. I hope all of his Judas supporters return to TRUMP and help Make America Great Again.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Just imagine if Trump was POTUS. Most viewed state of the union speech ever.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Just imagine if Trump was POTUS. Most viewed state of the union speech ever.

The ratings, for the networks, on his speech would be enormous. His State of the Union gets to the top of the ratings. Barack Obama's ratings were fine, but TRUMP's will be yooge. Because it's the truth, I think.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

overdesigned posted:

Man, Carson's book is crazier than we all thought.

source

I have to get this book

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

Once you have God on speed dial, well, it’s hard not to press that button. At one point, Carson requests God’s help to find his stolen passport; it is retrieved. On the eve of a safari in South Africa, Carson asks God to “bless us with the opportunity to observe a wide variety of wildlife.” No surprise: His party witnesses such an astonishing range of animals that the guide can remember nothing like it. (“I never dreamed just how literally my prayers would be answered,” he writes.) And in a particularly unnerving intercession, Carson asks God for help in dismissing his incompetent, alcoholic secretary without hurting her feelings. (“I’m softhearted,” the doctor assures, “and it is especially hard for me to fire somebody.”) Two weeks later, the secretary doesn’t show up for work. “We never did find out what happened to her,” Carson writes. “She simply disappeared.”

:stare:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

fade5 posted:

Wow, so that Jeb! poll at 4% might not have been an outlier.

Jeb! Bush polling at 4%, Jesus Christ.:stare:

The writing's been on the wall for some time now. He didn't manage to get a full delegate roster for Alabama, either. His campaign is legitimately failing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This has been such a terrible week for Carson, I really want to see how this affects his poll numbers. I know we keep saying he panders to the retarded fundamentalist voting bloc and they won't care about any of this, but there has to be a limit.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

well clearly, the incompetent, alcoholic, secretary was just a demon that god allowed satan to place in dr. ben's life in order to test his resolve. dr. ben passed the test by relying on the lord to guide him through his difficulty, and the woman just vanished because she wasn't actually a real person at all. dr. ben is really just a modern day job when you think about it

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The liberal media had better watch out or Carson will pray them into the cornfield.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Praying for a nice safari seems like a bit of an abuse of your wondrous prayer powers.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

very powerful

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
god can do everything so why not ask for anything

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I feel like Cruz is going to benefit from Ben Carson wreckage more than Trump

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

:perfect:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Third World Reggin posted:

god can do everything so why not ask for anything

The idea that God gives a gently caress about Ben Carson's safari or his chem exam goes to show how much of an egoist he is.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

zen death robot posted:

Ben Carson was relived that a woman went missing so he didn't have to fire her.

To be fair, he didn't look into it, so her death or sudden serious illness could have been quite explicable. Had he cared beyond "oh wow now I don't have to fire her! :downs:"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Oh yes.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Jesus: Yo, Dad there's some starving kids in Africa that could really use your help right now

God: gently caress that, haven't you heard? Ben Carson might have an awkward moment with his secretary.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Damnit, Ben, God isn't some kind of holy concierge!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ben Carson is the new Chuck Norris.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Alright even ignoring how horrific it is to be relieved an alcoholic goes missing how does openly admitting you're too soft to fire someone who's clearly incompetent make you qualified to be President?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

:downs: "Cool she disappeared, so that solves that problem!"

"...What do you mean 'we should call the police and report her missing, and help them look for her'? Why? God solved the problem, just like I asked.":saddowns:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 8, 2015

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Right now I'm praying so hard for someone to track down the alcoholic receptionist to get her side of the story.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Necc0 posted:

how does openly admitting you're too soft to fire someone who's clearly incompetent make you qualified to be President?

This plays right into Trumps wheelhouse!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

withak posted:

Right now I'm praying so hard for someone to track down the alcoholic receptionist to get her side of the story.

probably killed her in one of his benzo blackouts

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I don't see Carson's favorables going down too much but his unfavorables are going to skyrocket. The people he has now made represent the top of his appeal but that's still ~50% of the GOP.

This debate should be huge for him tho. Grilling from everyone.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
God had Ben Carson cure my autism with his Gifted Hands™. Friend Ben indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

CheesyDog posted:

Pyramid scheme's cereal memes gather steam; media reams redeeming themes of supreme surgeon's American Dream

• Locked thread