Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AJ was the worst and AAI2 was the best games in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I want to see Gumshoe and Maggie happily married.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

counterpoint: DD was fun

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

aa2 is the worst game in the series, and it's right between the second best game in the series (aa1) and the best game in the series (aa3)

I think I liked DD a bit more than aa1 but that's pretty much my thoughts on the series.

AA2 still does have the best final case in the series though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Droyer posted:

I want to see Gumshoe and Maggie happily married.
maya and franziska aren't in dd because they're on their honeymoon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

The fact that the prospect of more returning characters is the only thing the fanbase really gets excited about these days makes me think it would've been for the best if the series ended at T&T. Not that I disliked DD, but it felt like a very "safe" game, and I think that AA6 will be similar, what with the huge focus Spirit Medium stuff is going to get again.

I hope most of the cameos in newer AA games are going to be from some of the more recent games instead of characters from the original trilogy. But I admit I still want to see Gumshoe back.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Sorry, Phoenix belongs with Franziska.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dangerous Person posted:

Is there any good anime about espionage? I already love Metal Gear game so do not just suggest Metal Gear games.

009-1 is a series about a female cyborg spy in an alternate universe where the cold war never ended and world is split between East and West Bloks. I remember it being okay
It's very campy and 70's though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

:confused:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

That was Adrian and Franziska silly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Sorry, Phoenix belongs with Franziska.

Phoenix is better as a single dad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i saw cute fanart of it once

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope most of the cameos in newer AA games are going to be from some of the more recent games instead of characters from the original trilogy. But I admit I still want to see Gumshoe back.

I just wish we'd gotten Dai Gyakuten Saiban. :sigh:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Sakurazuka posted:

009-1 is a series about a female cyborg spy in an alternate universe where the cold war never ended and world is split between East and West Bloks. I remember it being okay
It's very campy and 70's though.

Campy and 70s I can do. Thank you to Droyer, Endorph, and Sakurazuka. You're alright.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Adrian has learned how to depend on herself since AA2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wait AA vs Prof Layton was bad, ugh.

I kind of enjoyed it at the time and had some good bits + music but just ended up annoying me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

I just wish we'd gotten Dai Gyakuten Saiban. :sigh:

Same.

I still believe in localisation though. Eventually, many years into the future when they release it as a bundle with the rest of the Dai Gyakuten Saiban trilogy which will probably be made.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I still have not finished DD. I'm at the beginning of the fourth case I think.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Adrian has learned how to depend on herself since AA2.

Yeah, but she doesn't need to depend on Franziska to marry her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

littleorv posted:

I still have not finished DD. I'm at the beginning of the fourth case I think.

I like that case. You should play it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That said, DD did do a lot of cool things all its own, like fleshing out Apollo to the point that he's apparently one of the more popular characters now (even if that involved pulling new backstory out of the blue, a la T&T), which makes me happy since I already liked him from what little time he got to shine in AJ.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

That said, DD did do a lot of cool things all its own, like fleshing out Apollo to the point that he's apparently one of the more popular characters now (even if that involved pulling new backstory out of the blue, a la T&T), which makes me happy since I already liked him from what little time he got to shine in AJ.

His character theme in DD is one of the best songs in the series, in my opinion. Really DD as a whole had some great music. Nothing beats the original cornered theme, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznMi0VqOBY

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Apollo and Athena are really cool in DD and it almost makes me mad Phoenix was even playable at all, even though I really like him as the boss of a bunch of rookie lawyers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

His character theme in DD is one of the best songs in the series, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznMi0VqOBY

Same, though I thought all the personalized songs were really good, like how every character got their own "Objection" theme.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh wait AA vs Prof Layton was bad, ugh.

I kind of enjoyed it at the time and had some good bits + music but just ended up annoying me.
Professor Layton is good and I wish the first and last games in the series weren't prohibitively expensive.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This guy is a bigger one actually.

Your language towards me and my friends is not appreciated. Please be courteous or please leave.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is anyone going to tell trucy and apollo theyre related

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Professor Layton is good and I wish the first and last games in the series weren't prohibitively expensive.

I agree that layton is good, but PW vs PL was not

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Apollo and Athena are really cool in DD and it almost makes me mad Phoenix was even playable at all, even though I really like him as the boss of a bunch of rookie lawyers.

I like that "Wright & Co." is an actual law firm now, rather than just Phoenix, whatever kids are bugging him at the time, and Charley, but it really cuts down on how much time each lawyer can have as the lead. They managed to give everybody a good role in DD's finale, but I'm curious about how they'll handle Apollo (and Athena if she comes back) in AA6, since Phoenix will almost certainly be the guy to handle the first and last cases.

Motto fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 9, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

Perhaps when they feel like they've rebuilt enough goodwill not make fans scatter at the sound of anything related to AA4's plot.

so an incredibly slim chance of it happening in AA7 or 8 :v:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The DLC case for DD had a cute pirate lady, and an animal defendant, so it was fine.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I'm going to have to play the second Edgeworth game because the first was, actually, very good! I bet you guys love it because of the main chick. She seems right up your all's alley!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kay's alright, but she kinda blends into the crowd of AA assistant characters.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm going to have to play the second Edgeworth game because the first was, actually, very good! I bet you guys love it because of the main chick. She seems right up your all's alley!

There's an amazing fan patch out for AAI2. They really went above and beyond on that one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One of these days I need to get an emulator and a translated rom for AAI2 or something, because I don't think I have seen anyone say anything even somewhat negative about it.

But if I get busted for pirating, who would defend me?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Parmesan Basil posted:

Your language towards me and my friends is not appreciated. Please be courteous or please leave.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

^^^^ I take this as an olive branch. Thank you for being nice.

Droyer posted:

There's an amazing fan patch out for AAI2. They really went above and beyond on that one.

Oh? I hadn't heard. I may have to take a look at that, then! Thank you for the heads up, friend Droyer!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

When either Trucy or Apollo become the defendant in the final case of aa6.

Motto posted:

I like that "Wright & Co." is an actual law firm now, rather than just Phoenix, whatever kids are bugging him at the time, and Charley, but it really cuts down on how much time each lawyer can have as the lead. They managed to give everybody a good role in DD's finale, but I'm curious about how they'll handle Apollo (and Athena if she comes back) in AA6, since Phoenix will almost certainly be the guy to handle the first and last cases.

Controversial AA opinion: Phoenix has pretty much had his character arc completed and future AA games should have Athena and Apollo replace him as the main characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

One of these days I need to get an emulator and a translated rom for AAI2 or something, because I don't think I have seen anyone say anything even somewhat negative about it.

My friend keeps pushing me to do that, because AAI2 is apparently really good, so maybe one day I too will do this.

• Locked thread