Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Something scifi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

In Training posted:

I hope they make mech games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I hope they make mech games.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm playing metroid games & imagining how loving spooky Miyazaki could make alien worlds for samus to explore

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my PS4 is back, I just need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow...finally I can play this drat game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

my PS4 is back, I just need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow...finally I can play this drat game.

Congrats

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The Bloodborne strategy guide has 400 pages in it, and apparently the Bloodborne DLC strategy guide has 200 pages. That's a lot of new game boys

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Id like a new Game Boy please.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I have an aqua GBC if you want it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I knew some troll would come in here and say this. Real funny dude -.-

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh cool, I didn't realize this but even if you don't buy the DLC you get any new stuff they've added to the original areas for free. Including the new covenant their adding and any new weapons that can be acquired in the original areas

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh cool, I didn't realize this but even if you don't buy the DLC you get any new stuff they've added to the original areas for free. Including the new covenant their adding and any new weapons that can be acquired in the original areas

that owns. theyre adding a covenant and making other changes??

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god i just want the full factsheet on this dlc already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

that owns. theyre adding a covenant and making other changes??

Yeah it adds a bunch of NPC summons to help apparently. Also if you get the plat you get a ps4 theme now

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

doesnt affect me because im getting this poo poo day 1, but thats really cool of them

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I think it would be super cool if From fixed other genres with souls sensibilities the way they fixed third person swordgames.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Muh swordmans!!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
one of my favorite things about Bloodborne has been the challenge of mentally mapping some of the areas. gradually learning all the crazy branching paths in the Forbidden Woods and Yahar'gul and fitting it all into memory gives me an incredible power

Dec 26, 2012

forbidden woods is some crazy poo poo where it shouldnt work but it does

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thoroughly explored the woods once but in all my 4 or 5 characters since I ran to the end because it scares me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the forbidden woods is stressful and even though i still dont know the correct way to go i just sprint through the whole thing and make girly noises when i run into a dead end with a huge Snake beast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ironically, the fastest way through the woods is to just follow the path.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
that whole area completely captures feeling like your lost in some scary woods. it owns

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Ironically, the fastest way through the woods is to just follow the path.

well yeah why else would it be there

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i originally was disappointed that the woodsy area was so oppressive and intimidating, since I was a huge fan of just hanging out all chill and invading in the forest in dark souls. but having it be so incomprehensible at the start just makes the reward that much sweeter if youre willing to stick with it for long enough

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
also the treat of finding the hosed up poison landfill leading to iosefka's for the first time was truly insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's everyone's favorite dark souls memory. Mine is reaching the rat covenant on DS2 launch day and idling in the front room waiting to pwn noobs while doing homework because it came out during finals week of my senior year of college and I spent 50 hours in 4 days doing nothing but playing the game in between barely passing tests lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My second favorite is just opening the double doors in the nightmare frontier because that is such an insane visual

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i feel like every time i got invaded in Dark Souls 1 is like my favorite memory. i always refuse to summon, so going unhollowed before my big attempt at a boss is already special, and having someone bust into my game to stop me was absolute crazy. my roomie has seen like 90% of my invasion defenses by virtue of how loud i'm hollering when it happens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i feel like every time i got invaded in Dark Souls 1 is like my favorite memory. i always refuse to summon, so going unhollowed before my big attempt at a boss is already special, and having someone bust into my game to stop me was absolute crazy. my roomie has seen like 90% of my invasion defenses by virtue of how loud i'm hollering when it happens

The invasion mechanic is the coolest thing to happen to gaming ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like all the cool systems they built around it in 2, and I get what they were going for in bloodborne, but I hope 3 just has a simple invasion system like demons, just one on one, no bullshit, all anxiety.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I really recommend trying a pure arcane build btw. It's cool starting the game weak and then gaining power with every fire gem you find, and actually caring about finding the hidden away spells. Plus you get to use a ton of weapons, since the majority of them can be fitted with elemental damage gems

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I really recommend trying a pure arcane build btw. It's cool starting the game weak and then gaining power with every fire gem you find, and actually caring about finding the hidden away spells. Plus you get to use a ton of weapons, since the majority of them can be fitted with elemental damage gems

My DLC build is going to be pure arcane, once I google and find out the min dex/str requirements for the moonlight great sword, but NOT its location

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm doing whatever lets me use that swordbow

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

In Training posted:

What's everyone's favorite dark souls memory. Mine is reaching the rat covenant on DS2 launch day and idling in the front room waiting to pwn noobs while doing homework because it came out during finals week of my senior year of college and I spent 50 hours in 4 days doing nothing but playing the game in between barely passing tests lol.

Bloodborne was my first of these games, so I'm going to say killing Paarl.

It was when the game really clicked for me. When I first got to him he dropped me in seconds; I was happy I landed a hit. I walked into that meat grinder a couple of times, then I took a step back, and I spent a whole attempt just trying to dodge as much as I could.

Then, I killed him.

I jumped off the couch roaring, I was hooked.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That loving powerful feeling you get when you destroy a boss, like the Pthumerian Elder, with four perfect viscerals.

"PREY SLAUGHTERED" *blood rains down on you*

That's the loving stuff.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 9, 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

I'm playing metroid games & imagining how loving spooky Miyazaki could make alien worlds for samus to explore

oh my fuvk

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

In Training posted:

Demon's souls 1-1 breaking me down and putting me back together in it's own image.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Demon's souls 1-1 breaking me down and putting me back together in it's own image.

*nods*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This changed my life.