Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So, could you just make a fast dodgy speed team, score like 4 touch downs then knock yourself out to win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Soulex posted:

So, could you just make a fast dodgy speed team, score like 4 touch downs then knock yourself out to win?

Anything that can knock you out can also kill you. If you want to HELP your opponent beat up your team I guess you could.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
In theory? There is no efficient way to knock yourself out. If one of your players falls down and has to roll armor/injury during your turn, it immediately ends your turn. So even if you were to somehow guarantee that you would always break armor and always injure yourself badly enough to get taken off the pitch (Stun is the most common injury, and it just makes that player lose the next turn) you would only be able to hurt 8 of your players per half. 11 is the minimum to field a team, and there are 16 rounds in a game, 8 to a half. You can see how this doesn't add up pretty quickly. But truthfully if you're up 4-0 at the half, you are china farming the hell out of your opponent, big time. There are only a couple of teams that can run a 1 turn touchdown and all of those tactics require some serious dice luck to pull off, so 2 turns to a touchdown is pretty accurate for people just waltzing down the pitch unopposed. If you spent the entire first half completely running the pitch like that, you likely won't be in a spot where injuring the entirety of your own team is even possible, let alone making any sense at all.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Over on FUMBBL (the free java blood bowl client that must have been around for a decade by now) there's an amusing hemri team called the Angry Newscasters which mainly revolves around killing as much stuff as possible and fouling every turn. Mind you, despite the FUMBBL community being full of grognards, people don't seem to mind the Newscasters at all (probably because the main/ranked matchmaking requires both coaches to actively select to play against each other so people who are too scared of losing their pretty pixelmans can just refuse).

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=539507

The casualty stats at the bottom denote badly hurt/serious injury/death. Not bad, killing 1532 enemy players so far.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Machai posted:

what if it's their arms?

Turn 'em upside down, everything else still stands.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wild T posted:

Turn 'em upside down, everything else still stands.

Well, technically they wouldn't be.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

GNU Order posted:

That dead, mohawked Wardancer in the top picture (whose card is in the lower right) is a max SPP double +AG player. That is a player who has probably been in at least 50 hour+ long Blood Bowl matches without getting killed or crippled, which is enough of a feat. However, to roll +AG, +AG through the course of reaching legend is something like one in a thousand (as in a thousand Wardancers could reach legend and never get the levelup rolls to become AG6). This dude has spent literally dozens of hours getting this rare player to this position, only to be loving murdered by some bozo who blinked into existence a half an hour ago and got turboleveled to become a perfect killing machine.

Blood Bowl murder is the best murder because you can feel the sheer time and emotional investment put into every team as you crush their heads in

Sounds like EVE but without the crippling autism.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Dizz posted:

Sounds like EVE but without the crippling autism.

You sure about that? :raise:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
That's a mildly inconvenient level of autism at worst.

Taxman84
Feb 11, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tks_6VzRjXk
Pretty decent video.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

what

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

I didn't want to say anything because I assumed it was a reference I just didn't understand and I didn't want to sound like a pubbie. But now that someone else has spoken up:

What the gently caress is this?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I'm going with wrong thread.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

What is this horrible looking game?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I was mostly just disappointed that it wasn't another music video for Clutch, like the one Bam directed for "The Mob Goes Wild".

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Inco posted:

I was mostly just disappointed that it wasn't another music video for Clutch, like the one Bam directed for "The Mob Goes Wild".

Uwwww AH HA HA HA

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

duck monster posted:

What is this horrible looking game?

Rust, I think? I have no idea.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Rust yeah. Last I heard about it was from a friend who got into a huge race war with a clan of Jewish people. He lost everything and quit. That's my story thanks bye!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Does the Arkham Knight shitstorm that's happening right now count as devs griefing gamers?

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Scyantific posted:

Does the Arkham Knight shitstorm that's happening right now count as devs griefing gamers?

What's happening with Arkham Kinght?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Rocksteady released the game 4 months ago for the PC and it was borderline unplayable. Video stutters, glitches, and crashing.

They pulled the game from Steam while they got their PC-port guys to fix it.

It went live on Steam again last night and while some bugs are fixed, it is still experiencing stuttering and crashing. There's also new bugs. The official patch notes include advice for Windows 7 users to restart the game periodically to prevent crashing and for Windows 10 users to have 12GB of RAM installed.

All this while the console versions have played fine from Day 1.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

synthetik posted:

What's happening with Arkham Kinght?
In short:

-PC port launched as a pile of steaming poo poo.
-Game was pulled after Valve implemented their refund poilcy.
-WB claims to have "their best engineers working on fixing the PC version."
-4 months and one 2.5 GB patch later, said PC port is still working like a pile of poo poo, with the only significant change is added DLC support (which in some cases is breaking the game even worse)
-All reviews prior to yesterday were marked as "Pre-release reviews." This has since been reverted.
-WB's suggestion to anyone running the game on Windows 10 is to "get more RAM."

Take your pick.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So does the game actually run correctly with 12GB of RAM or what.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Anecdotal evidence suggests that if you have a top-of-the-line system, it should run Arkham Knight without any problems.

But since there's no identified cause of all the issues, no one loving knows.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It's related to smooth frames and memory leak or plain ignored memory management - how Rocksteady managed that on consoles with effective 4GB, I can never guess.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It reminds me of the loving N64 days where when devs couldn't get Donkey Kong 64 running, they just threw more RAM at it. At least back then, they had the (profit-reducing) decency to toss in a free Expansion Pak with the game.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

pulp rag posted:

It reminds me of the loving N64 days where when devs couldn't get Donkey Kong 64 running, they just threw more RAM at it. At least back then, they had the (profit-reducing) decency to toss in a free Expansion Pak with the game.

That wasn't decency, it was an ultimatum from Nintendo. In the state the game was in, it wasn't going to be allowed to ship unless they included the pak or fixed the bug.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Thwomp posted:

Rocksteady released the game 4 months ago for the PC and it was borderline unplayable. Video stutters, glitches, and crashing.

They pulled the game from Steam while they got their PC-port guys to fix it.

It went live on Steam again last night and while some bugs are fixed, it is still experiencing stuttering and crashing. There's also new bugs. The official patch notes include advice for Windows 7 users to restart the game periodically to prevent crashing and for Windows 10 users to have 12GB of RAM installed.

All this while the console versions have played fine from Day 1.

Hahaha, one of my friends mentioned he did some console rocksteady work and got pulled after the consoles were out to do some pc work. I'm gonna have to mock him relentlessly for this.

At least I think he was working on Arkham Knight, he never actually said and was really evasive

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Apparently, the PS4 release of Arkham Knight was almost a trainwreck too, and that's why the game's release was delayed.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Greatbacon posted:

pulp rag posted:

That wasn't decency, it was an ultimatum from Nintendo. In the state the game was in, it wasn't going to be allowed to ship unless they included the pak or fixed the bug.

It wasn't that the game actually needed more memory, it's that there was a game-breaking bug where it would randomly crash if the memory pak wasn't installed. [Details here.]

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Apparently, the PS4 release of Arkham Knight was almost a trainwreck too, and that's why the game's release was delayed.

Weird, it ran incredibly well. Super solid 30 FPS.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I don't know if anyone else has ever bought Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on Steam when it was like 5 bucks, but right now it is broken in a funny was that is extremely conducive to griefing. Basically, there can only be one votekick per map, so if you votekick somebody at the very beginning, no one can votekick you. Maps are like 20 minutes long sometimes and Friendly Fire is always on in these maps. It's been this way for about a week and I am having a blast.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does it have to succeed? Because if not I'm installing and throwing javelins at my own guys all night.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it might

it was released in 2012

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Shumagorath posted:

Does it have to succeed? Because if not I'm installing and throwing javelins at my own guys all night.

No matter the result of the vote, there can be no other votekicks that map. And once the new map loads, you can call a new votekick on some other poor schlub right away and be safe all match. Also if someone has a really good PC and calls it super early before everyone loads, it will fail because the votekick has to have so many people voting in order to work. I was going to town for hours last weekend and it was pretty great. Occasionally I'll run into a real admin and they will kick me (which resets after the map changes anyway) but those are few and far between.

Also the devs of this game are terrible and who knows when is actually going to get patched. This might go on for awhile.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I wonder how many TK's I can get before my oven finishes preheating?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

I wonder how many TK's I can get before my oven finishes preheating?

This thing is good enough to where I considered making it its own thread because it is so much fun

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's also a victimless crime because Chivalry has one of the worst communities outside DotA / League / Project Reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

It's also a victimless crime because Chivalry has one of the worst communities outside DotA / League / Project Reality.

Today I punched out a king and then laughed harder than I've laughed in like a year

• Locked thread