Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
loving OPSEC man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tigey posted:

Speaking of Xean, someone just mailed me this. First time I and a couple others had seen it, despite the date. Don't know who wrote it, but surely it can't be anyone other than him...

http://pastebin.com/F4DSM5qK

When will he realize that he's one of only guerr (znlor sbhe) non-goons playing this game?

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

Tigey posted:

Speaking of Xean, someone just mailed me this. First time I and a couple others had seen it, despite the date. Don't know who wrote it, but surely it can't be anyone other than him...

cool, i finally made the list

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

quote:

Also, they sometimes do small & big giveaways - but there is always - ALWAYS a shady reason behind it,
whether it serves to annoy someone (such as me, Xean)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Jxforema posted:

cool, i finally made the list

So did people who haven't played since literally a week after launch but he did miss a fair chunk of our more important people so it's all good. Shifting our focus now but it's still annoying and people shouldn't post this stuff.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
Aw, am I no longer Nbreeki's girlfriend? Sorry you had to hear about it this way, babe.

Anyway, try to not cut yourself on the edge of this profile:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Well I am glad now have a handy list of people to avoid in game so they don't gently caress up my RP. Kind of funny how some of the more prominent names on that list are either misspelled or missing completely. These guys did a lot of research finding people who haven't touched this game in forever, and I appreciate the amount of man-hours it must have taken to compile a list that was obsolete before completion.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tigey posted:

Whoever created LGBT of star fleet online. Bravo, thanks for enforcing the gay agenda.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I'm so happy I made his list. Maybe we should wear stars of David's too, so it'll be easier for him to gather us up?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

... did they cut server resources again?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

there was an immense wave of lag then it kicked me out of zrops mirror. i think they're getting dos'd and some servers died.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Yeah I'm a queue to log in as well.

Salami just tweeted about the server queues.

"Sorry about the server queues, everyone! A lot of people are liking the new content!"

I'm sure that's the reason.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 8, 2015

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah I'm a queue to log in as well.

Salami just tweeted about the server queues.

"Sorry about the server queues, everyone! A lot of people are liking the new content!"

I'm sure that's the reason.

Well, at least from the numbers of people that launch the game from Steam the daily logins have tripled since the new content launched and I would guess that more people launch the game from the standalone client than Steam.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I hate to admit it but the game is actually kind of fun again? They've finally reversed all the dumb grindy bullshit related to leveling, the queues are puggable again, there's a new event going on, a new battlezone, and all that sort of stuff.

And with the iconians out of the picture they can actually do some new plots that aren't "it was the iconians all along!" :effort:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

New content, or double xp and 1.5x dil

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Learning that starfleet academy is based on a sewage treatment plant makes STO make so much more sense.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Yeah, I hate to admit it but the game is actually kind of fun again? They've finally reversed all the dumb grindy bullshit related to leveling, the queues are puggable again, there's a new event going on, a new battlezone, and all that sort of stuff.

And with the iconians out of the picture they can actually do some new plots that aren't "it was the iconians all along!" :effort:

Yeah, it's not exactly the post-Legacy of Romulus golden age but it seems solid. Plus news about the new show will be bringing more fans out of the woodwork.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

Plus news about the new show will be bringing more fans autists out of the woodwork.

fixed that for you

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010
so which one of you guys is this?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i'm kind of sad to see I'm (@arkeo) not on the list, I remember talking with xean about dental's function as a North Korean propaganda machine during the original summer event.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

If they leave the double XP permanent I'll agree about the grindy leveling. Without that the admiralty system helps, but grinding spec points for a new alt is still BS. And it's a transparent push to get people to buy more $30 ships.

DarkMalfunction posted:

fixed that for you
Fans, autists, whatever. We win either way.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Tigey posted:

This actually wasn't XEAN, It's ̶𝕠̶𝕗̶𝕗̶𝕚̶𝕔̶𝕚̶𝕒̶𝕝̶𝕝̶𝕪̶ ̶𝕟̶𝕠̶𝕥 written by @Dukhatt, An odd person who came to The Dental Academy (correct me on this?) and began nagging the hell outta everyone For "Da Power" Which I can only assume is a variety of non-existant hacks and outfit modifications. He shared this with me shortly after I posted a pic of me and Nbreeki dancing on Facebook so he could warn me that Denalt are Haxor and trole. He later offered a Repent Thread in response to his fleet leader Tamujiin's which unlike Tamu's was almost completely ignored.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tigey posted:

I literally met this guy once and I'm not even sure if I was in a goon fleet with that character. How did I make the list?

Also when did people start considering House of Beautiful Orions a goon fleet? Please tell me it's because of all the alts I have in there.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Asimo posted:

please don't troll me asimo, it would be too devastating

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It has gotten easier for the people who have been playing for ages or can afford to dump lots of money. The Admiralty system is a step in the right direction but it straight up rewards buying tons of ships you'd never use otherwise just to get anywhere, it's frankly completely inaccessible to any new player. So yeah, still needs work and also the return of the Gozertorp has me a little worried.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

I literally met this guy once and I'm not even sure if I was in a goon fleet with that character. How did I make the list?

Also when did people start considering House of Beautiful Orions a goon fleet? Please tell me it's because of all the alts I have in there.

I've never spoken to or been in the same instance/zone/sector as this guy but I'm on the list too :shrug:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
On the other hand, a factory fresh character will get at least five ships for Admiralty on hitting Admiral, which is enough for a slow start. From there, there are giveaways and the summer and winter events. It encourages players to buy ships because that's their business model but it's far from the worst way they've encouraged doing so.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Mondian posted:

I've never spoken to or been in the same instance/zone/sector as this guy but I'm on the list too :shrug:

But of course. You are known Dynov alt Mondian, after all.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I did make it to xaen's list of known enemy combatants though. Feels good someone went through that effort for a game I haven't touched in like nine months.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

I did make it to xaen's list of known enemy combatants though. Feels good someone went through that effort for a game I haven't touched in like nine months.

Likewise, though his achievement is somewhat mitigated if someone did actually let him into TNG.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

please don't troll me asimo, it would be too devastating
Okay, sorry. The game is still poo poo, don't worry. :shobon:

Mondian posted:

Hey, I finally made one a hate lists! Despite being a lazy gently caress who pretty much doesn't do anything beyond mock them in this thread. :toot:

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Found this bio in a pubbie mirror invasion.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I did not make the list.

Boo, I say, boo.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Ugh, you can just smell the virginity and MRAness coming off the guy just through the profile.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Pulse's reign of kindness continues. The Quas will be put to good use! Namely, idling while pubbies carry mirror invasions.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I like that NoP ranks higher than Dental in that list.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like how Xean spelled my account name wrong anyway. Great intel gathering there buddy, let me pat you on the head and give you a banana sticker :v:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Sellwhore is pretty redundant, but I don't expect a man who's never touched a woman to know that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Could be a play on sellsword maybe? That's probably too clever though he should've gone with Star Whore since that's the only pun I can think of and he actually used that in the end and it's better. It's also hard to tell if he's trying to make a point or is just that dumb or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I've got a weird craving to play this game again. I don't know if it's my long sordid history with Cryptic or what.

• Locked thread