Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Amazon tracking says m PS4 copy is 60 miles away. Come on UPS, break the release date and deliver that poo poo tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just bumped up my ram to 16gb to go with my i5-2500k and gtx970 and it's gotten rid of any stuttering I had in other games. Borderlands 2 being so smooth is awesome and I cannot wait to play fallout4. This feels like a new machine :]

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
11 1/2 hours till its unlocked in Australia woooooo

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can't wait to play this idiot game with as many bugs as possible for the True Bethesda Experience before its ruined by patches.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

11 1/2 hours till its unlocked in Australia woooooo

I must be looking at the wrong release schedule because I thought it would unlock in about 6 hours. Bummer!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Can I vpn and play the game yet

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
Can i call in sick and play this game at an internet cafe since my children at home demand attention, food and cleaning.... asking for a friend

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
HATE DADGAMERS

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Don't think so.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

ZenVulgarity posted:

8 am EST.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Pwnstar posted:

Can't wait to play this idiot game with as many bugs as possible for the True Bethesda Experience before its ruined by patches.

If wildlife doesn't randomly get caught on things or run in odd places I will be disappointed. My favorite Skyrim thing that happened to me was when I was trying to hunt an elk an hour in and the game was still in broken launch state. I shot the elk once with an arrow, he went running up a hill and I lost and subsequently forgot him. 30 minutes later I was sitting at a hut in the woods near there exploring the interface and looking around and an elk corpse came flying down the mountain at 100 kph, hurled past me, and I chased him and found his body in a creek and he had my arrow in him still. No idea what happened to the poor guy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bloodychill posted:

If wildlife doesn't randomly get caught on things or run in odd places I will be disappointed. My favorite Skyrim thing that happened to me was when I was trying to hunt an elk an hour in and the game was still in broken launch state. I shot the elk once with an arrow, he went running up a hill and I lost and subsequently forgot him. 30 minutes later I was sitting at a hut in the woods near there exploring the interface and looking around and an elk corpse came flying down the mountain at 100 kph, hurled past me, and I chased him and found his body in a creek and he had my arrow in him still. No idea what happened to the poor guy.

It was probably just some other hunter's kill. Unless you recognized the arrow or something.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

evilmiera posted:

It was probably just some other hunter's kill. Unless you recognized the arrow or something.

It's possible but it seemed plausible that the elk's AI janked out and he went and hid on the mountain I was near until something killed him and he came tumbling down without gamebryo applying adequate friction.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

i want the bugs where characters appear without faces and fly off into the distance. not the ones where the game crashes or refuses to start.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I hope there is a Fallout equivalent of a dragon skeleton falling from the sky sometimes upon exiting a building like in Skyrim.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

grrarg posted:

I hope there is a Fallout equivalent of a dragon skeleton falling from the sky sometimes upon exiting a building like in Skyrim.

I believe you mean

FALLING OUT of the sky :c00lbutt:

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Fallout 4? More like Fallout 2 Desktop!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
friends, a question about Fallout3 and FalloutNV.

A lot of the time people say 3 is poo poo compared to NV's glory. I wanted to ask what the cause of this is? i loved both and didn't feel much difference between the two of them. they pretty much seemed like the same game with different locations.

i feel that maybe the way i played them had something to do with it, so can someone give me some explanation about what made NV so much better?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
3 is worse written and poorer designed.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

fallout 3 is like a wacky cartoon land with random poo poo everywhere for no reason

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Fallout 3 follows the canon of the series like a wet paper towel thrown on the ground follows the wind, and New Vegas is the Fallout 3 that got shitcanned when Interplay went bankrupt

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i guess as someone who played 1 and 2 after 3 and NV i approached it very differently and didn't have the same pre-game knowledge/experience of the world.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

With Fallout 3 when something funny or emotional happens you get the impression that the writers are going "eh eh, how good is this?" In New Vegas it feels more natural. This has been my subjective opinion.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

VideoGames posted:

A lot of the time people say 3 is poo poo compared to NV's glory. I wanted to ask what the cause of this is? i loved both and didn't feel much difference between the two of them. they pretty much seemed like the same game with different locations.

i feel that maybe the way i played them had something to do with it, so can someone give me some explanation about what made NV so much better?

Fallout NV pretty much improves on everything about Fallout 3. Better weapons, more meaningful perks, better companions, very few goddamn super mutants, FISTO, etc.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i never play with companions and I really missed the super mutants in NV :< they were my favourite enemies

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

VideoGames posted:

i never play with companions and I really missed the super mutants in NV :< they were my favourite enemies

You killed drat near all the super mutants in Fallout 1

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

i never played fallout1 till after 3 and NV.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

VideoGames posted:

You've just posted the siren's call for all the Bethesda and Obsidian fanboys to make this no longer a thread for stable people. I hope you are happy.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

With Fallout 3 when something funny or emotional happens you get the impression that the writers are going "eh eh, how good is this?" In New Vegas it feels more natural. This has been my subjective opinion.

holy poo poo i thought i was the only one who felt like this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

You've just posted the siren's call for all the Bethesda and Obsidian fanboys to make this no longer a thread for stable people. I hope you are happy.

it was not my plan, i just wanted to hear some opinions. I am very sorry.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

VideoGames posted:

it was not my plan, i just wanted to hear some opinions. I am very sorry.

Nah, don't be.

To answer your question, IMO it's the same poo poo that happens with game development everywhere. The first game has to invent every asset and engine from scratch, and thus falls a bit short on poo poo like gameplay balance and testing, while NV didn't have to do the really heavy gruntwork of creating poo poo from scratch (it was based on the same game engine and used pretty much a lot of same assets as Fallout 3) and thus Obsidian gets to be hailed as the grandmaster-gamemakers yet again.

So is New Vegas better, even by my own reckoning? Sure - as others said, better and richer story and gameplay balance. But it would never have been possible if Fallout 3 didn't pave the way, and pretty well all things considered (no matter how much I don't like its story or think its gameplay can be a bit wonky when it comes to balance).

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 9, 2015

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Do we know if attributes affect dialog? Anything affect dialog?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

Nah, don't be.

To answer your question, IMO it's the same poo poo that happens with game development everywhere. The first game has to invent every asset and engine from scratch, and thus falls a bit short on poo poo like gameplay balance and testing, while NV didn't have to do the really heavy gruntwork of creating poo poo from scratch (it was based on the same game engine and used pretty much a lot of same assets as Fallout 3) and thus Obsidian gets to be hailed as the grandmaster-gamemakers yet again.

So is New Vegas better, even by my own reckoning? Sure - as others said, better and richer story and gameplay balance. But it would never have been possible if Fallout 3 didn't pave the way, and pretty well all things considered (no matter how much I don't like its story or think its gameplay can be a bit wonky when it comes to balance).

this is a really great answer, thank you.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

CrazyLoon posted:

Nah, don't be.

You guys are getting trolled so hard.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

dudeman posted:

I'm not a troll :smith:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

dudeman posted:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
VideoGames is a good and cool poster

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

VideoGames is a good and cool poster

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

And then you most likely killed the rest of them in Fallout 2 (and most of the survivors of that game in Tactics , if that's canon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rinkles posted:

Do we know if attributes affect dialog? Anything affect dialog?

Charisma levels effect whether or not your successful at persuasion so its just a condensed Speech Skill. That's so far the only thing that's been confirmed.

• Locked thread