Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Ruggington posted:

I, uh, think that niche is gonna be pretty covered

yeah first thought is support, but its short ranged, also they have a bunch of Supporty stuff attached to it.
Sharpshooter is gonna be the guy that hangs back, but adds nothing to the team. Thats my read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Why.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Chainsaw parties are the best parties because the party chain never ends

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
oh don't worry he's totally got that

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I was wondering what the 5th zed was doing but he's obv the cameraman.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
auto enrage when last left is such a great mechanic

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

auto enrage when last left is such a great mechanic

Actually it is a dumb mechanic that is bad and dumb h2h.

Seriously it feels like the zed teleport thing, trying to fix a legit problem with a sledgehammer instead of a screwdriver. I'm guessing they wanted to curb the common KF1 practice of 'saving' Scrakes/FPs until the end of a wave and focusing them down one at a time, but auto-perma-rage just punishes survivors of close games. Some of the most exciting times are when everything goes to poo poo and the team scatters and the surviving 2 or 3 members limp back together after the chaos. Now unless at least one of the survivors is Parry McSmash the lv20+ Berserker you've pretty much got no chance.

Medic is the only other class with the speed to even hope to stay ahead of them, and then you're just forcing the long drawn-out death by attrition kitefest that TW was supposedly trying to prevent in the first place. I'm not sure a 'welp that's long enough, just kill the remaining players' mechanic is really the way to go :(

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
What if just every zed besides Scrakes and Fleshpounds autoraged?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Not pictured : :a2m:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Takes No Damage posted:

Actually it is a dumb mechanic that is bad and dumb h2h.

Seriously it feels like the zed teleport thing, trying to fix a legit problem with a sledgehammer instead of a screwdriver. I'm guessing they wanted to curb the common KF1 practice of 'saving' Scrakes/FPs until the end of a wave and focusing them down one at a time, but auto-perma-rage just punishes survivors of close games. Some of the most exciting times are when everything goes to poo poo and the team scatters and the surviving 2 or 3 members limp back together after the chaos. Now unless at least one of the survivors is Parry McSmash the lv20+ Berserker you've pretty much got no chance.

Medic is the only other class with the speed to even hope to stay ahead of them, and then you're just forcing the long drawn-out death by attrition kitefest that TW was supposedly trying to prevent in the first place. I'm not sure a 'welp that's long enough, just kill the remaining players' mechanic is really the way to go :(

I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't come across well on the net.

Theta Zero posted:

What if just every zed besides Scrakes and Fleshpounds autoraged?

That's baby poo poo, just go all the way, especially punish teams that leave one guy standing with the following:

All zeds enrage and gain double health and super armor.
Sirens NEVER stop screaming and do 5x damage.
Entire wave spawns at once if more than 40 zeds are left.
FPs and scrakes spawn first enraged.

The funny thing about this is that the siren thing already happens, on sui or HoE, last man standing, sirens can one shot anything short of a zerker.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Why not, instead of auto enraging, just give .1% buffs to Zed stats for every 1s they don't have LoS on the player when 5 or less Zeds are left? This naturally builds towards a more decisive ending that any class can handle rather than the squad wipe limit that exists right now. Increase drop rates for ammo as long as a player has 20% or less of max ammo, thus allowing the round to be more conclusively drawn without enabling bad habits of trying to fill up supplies or going dosh hunting prior to the next round.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kikas posted:

Oh and let's not loving forget that Gunslinger is holding two revolvers in the Nail Bomb video, not that anyone's suprised, but we do have actual confirmation :dance:

How is nobody talking about the kf-farm looking map shown in that video?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't come across well on the net.

Obviously not, since mine was a sarcastic reply to your sarcastic comment :haw:

sushibandit posted:

How is nobody talking about the kf-farm looking map shown in that video?

I did notice that it seems to be another new map, and Farm 2.0 would make sense. Secretly I hope it's the hillbilly town from that KF1 special event and that we're going to start seeing themed zeds sooner rather than later...

ninja: or at least introduce a new player character along with gunslinger and make him a hillbilly, just rerecord all the zed lines from that map.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The farmhouse is from this: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=113818

They don't explicitly say it's a remake of kf-farm, so it might just be a spiritual successor.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Unironic rear end serious post: yo, Questioner, what kinda timeline are we looking at for the next update?

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Sorry, no leaks in the SA thread. When we're ready to give dates/info we'll drop it in the usual channels.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Questioner86 posted:

Sorry, no leaks in the SA thread. When we're ready to give dates/info we'll drop it in the usual channels.

jerk

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Whatta bouta loose drop?

I hate the AK goddamn I cannot handle this gun and I feel so dumb over it

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Questioner86 posted:

https://twitter.com/tripwireyoshiro/status/663725842967621632
But leaks in Twitter are allowed? :(

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Xmas 2077

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm guessing they wanted to curb the common KF1 practice of 'saving' Scrakes/FPs until the end of a wave and focusing them down one at a time

I'm pretty sure it was in response to people leaving 1 or 2 zeds alive and then scouring the map for dosh bling/ammo or whatever. The fact that Scrakes and FPs usually make it to the end in the later waves (and even more so when they're some of the last to SPAWN) is just icing on the cake. Honestly FPs are the worst thanks to their faster speed, deadlier attacks, and larger health. For me if the FP was the only one not affected (or it auto-raged at 5 left but then followed its normal pattern of hit > de-rage) I'd take that.

Also, bring back "weld door, have angry FP break it to de-rage"; it was a legit strategy in KF1 and would at least give welding SOME kind of goddamn use in KF2, especially now that FPs enrage after a certain amount of time whether they see you or not so kiting around corners doesn't do any good!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

To be fair Twitter is an official channel of communication with the community.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
When the community manager drops info on a twitter account affiliated with the company it's not a leak, it's the usual channels.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I paid my :10bux: and I want eggsclusive details!!

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

verbal enema posted:

Whatta bouta loose drop?

I hate the AK goddamn I cannot handle this gun and I feel so dumb over it

AK is great to full auto into a Skrakes head, that's about it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

She Bangs the Drums posted:

AK is great to full auto into a Skrakes head, that's about it.

I feel like tapping burst fire with the AK is faster than full auto, though.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since I've got Firebug and Demo up to the level of the first 4 classes I've been cycling through them all again, leveling up each one once then moving on to the next in the list. I recently got both Commando and Support to lv20 and was messing around with my perk loadouts.

For Commando I actually took Backup over mag size to help compensate for the lower ammo limits, taking dual 9mm as a poor man's SMG. This meant I was reloading my guns ALL THE TIME so I also picked up Tac Reload to help mitigate downtime. Took Callout for lv15 and I'm going back and forth if I want +20% damage for single shot or burst/auto for my lv20. I guess it's a split if I want to use Varmit/AK or Bullpup/SCAR for full vs mashing LMB all the time.

On the Support front I switched from Supplier over to extra ammo because holy poo poo I was using my pistol with like 150 zeds left last night :( I was anticipating taking the +10% damage at lv20 but with the weight increase now I can carry 3 guns which goes a long way towards alleviating the ammo starvation. That and dropping another 2 shells into the Combat Shotty makes it a lot more attractive than previously. I think I'm gonna experiment with just picking up the first 3 class guns and counting on 8 CS shots and a DBS blast being comparable to an AA12 magdump. And anyways even on single-shot and extra ammo I was out of AA12 shells in minutes. I'd be interested in seeing them buff the grenade damage even further so I can save those up for FPs/Scrakes without feeling like I need to be able to empty an entire AA12 barrel to contribute to the team.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Unless you're soloing, you really want supplier for your team because it gives them an entire clip for each weapon, which makes a gigantic difference for firebugs, commandos, and other supports, and is good for any other class in general. I agree with you on picking extra carrying capacity over 10% more damage, I don't know why people recommend the other, but three shotguns fixes a lot of prblems support has with ammo and just using it for the combat shotgun means you still have that issue.

I also know people call it a "non-choice," but I prefer using stumble power over reload speed because you can use the double barrel to walk up to a Scrake, use a double barrel blast on his head, and retreat while he stumbles. It's fantastic because it saves ammo if you're doing triple shotguns, doesn't make him rage unless you do it again, kills him if you pull it off three times on hard and above, and does a ton of damage anyways should you have to switch over to the AA12. You can also use it to stumble zeds to interrupt their attacks as well with the double barrel: stumble Sirens and Husks so you can run up and one-shot them, stumble bloats so they don't puke, stumble trash mobs that get hit by penetration but didn't die, and interrupt Scrake and Fleshpound attacks.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You bring a valid point to the table, it's probably not necessary to take +ammo AND +weight for a 3rd gun. Supplier it is, also TW please unfuck this perk so it refreshes on wave start not wave end :argh:

Losing quick reload is going to sting though, the game glitched when I hit lv20 and it deactivated all of my perks so all of a sudden I was reloading normally in the middle of a wave and it was horrible. I did get my poo poo pushed in by Scrakes and FPs all last night so having a FUCKOFF card I can pull out for them is very attractive... Hey TW make this perk like Smash and actually put heavy zeds on the ground, that is super useful for Berzerker and really elevates the class to be able to handle the heavys so much better. By contrast just causing a zed to stumble is so quick it hardly seems worth it half the time. Of course when they're actively rushing you every little bit helps.

vvvv Not even just this thread but the entire forums? That Fucker!!

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 12, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

questioner is killing the forums

personally

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
shame questioner. shame

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

also:

Medic is boring to play now and nobody plays it. Maybe give him new weapons or dynamics or something, or allow one of the other classes being introduced down the line to heal other people?? Martial Artist maybe?

it'd also be cool if one of the classes could imbue the other classes with buffs. Again, I'm thinking of mainly the martial artist class. Like, what if you could give your teammates kai-o-ken powers??!?!

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

also:

Medic is boring to play now and nobody plays it. Maybe give him new weapons or dynamics or something, or allow one of the other classes being introduced down the line to heal other people?? Martial Artist maybe?

it'd also be cool if one of the classes could imbue the other classes with buffs. Again, I'm thinking of mainly the martial artist class. Like, what if you could give your teammates kai-o-ken powers??!?!

everyone can heal now. Healing is basic etiquette at this point.

I am really interested in seeing how they make martial artist different from Beserker.

Also lots of the perk talents are buffs. Commando has like two buffs.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

also:

I like Medic, I just don't have the class leveled up enough yet to play on Suicidal. :smith:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Also lots of the perk talents are buffs. Commando has like two buffs.

I hadn't really thought about it because I haven't played commando in forever but does it really only have 2-3 passives? Same as demolitionist. Coincidence that demo needs to be buffed? Perhaps not...

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Psion posted:

I hadn't really thought about it because I haven't played commando in forever but does it really only have 2-3 passives? Same as demolitionist. Coincidence that demo needs to be buffed? Perhaps not...

It has the Talents Leadership (which no one should take unless there are two Commandos and the other one is already using Call Out), Call Out, and I guess you could consider the ZED time extender a passive buff for everyone.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Zed time extension is really good poo poo on higher difficulties when you have a good commando. That's a legit Good Perk Bonus.

that said I think I was confusing skills you pick at 5/10/15/20/25 with the % bonuses you get on every rankup. So oops.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If anyone's missed messing about in crazy mod servers where everyone is level 183 and the spawn limits are disabled, I found what appears to be a decent one called SheepKF: 108.28.6.95:7777 & 108.28.6.95:7779

Every time you level you get 15 perk points that you can spend on a bunch of different attributes like more health, armor, ammo, faster movement or reload, bigger clips etc. Some real RPG poo poo. The custom interface is a little janky but the server rules seem to forbid outright trolling so it might be nice for a change of pace.

Seeing a damage number pop up for each individual shotgun pellet that hits a zed will never not be funny to me.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/760341715107499977

New character (if you follow Tripwire on Steam), new achievements, new gunslinger webm's, weird loving dummy sitting in the rafters. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Goddamn those pistols sound meaty.