Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Regular coward option - the panic jump is going to reduce us to zero energy anyway, and blasting orgasms at the Sexless Threshers sounds like a good idea.

You do have a point! Might as well not waste our waste, and that weapon was practically made for them.

However, result six on the panic jump table is a Jump Overdrive, and we have a Jump Overdrive Crystal......Maybe we should go Somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Those gemheads had no idea what forces they were messing with. I promise we'll go Somewhere Else in addition to whatever awaits us in the next system (if we choose to flee)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Regular coward option - the panic jump is going to reduce us to zero energy anyway, and blasting orgasms at the Sexless Threshers sounds like a good idea.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
:poland: Can page 696 be somehow combined with the regular coward option?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
maximal jump

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You pack of sissies! I reiterate my first proposal!

Solice Kirsk posted:

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

We really should see a bad ending

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mechanism Eight posted:

:poland: Can page 696 be somehow combined with the regular coward option?

I haven't played Void Racers before, but knowing how Skull depicted Poles in every 2FF adventure I've come across I'd say there's a high probability of this ending in the Pole heroically sacrificing himself and his spiffy spaceship to save our selfish skins.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

I haven't played Void Racers before, but knowing how Skull depicted Poles in every 2FF adventure I've come across I'd say there's a high probability of this ending in the Pole heroically sacrificing himself and his spiffy spaceship to save our selfish skins.

Yeah we might want to save him for after the jump, I have a funny feeling

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Maximum Coward don't care which system

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Maximum Coward

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Very funny, good joke

Go loving :frogsiren: MAXIMUM COWARDICE :frogsiren: and let's beam ourselves out of this mess, Scotty!

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I am so glad we acquired a 10-foot pole, at long last. He will help us explore space in a cautious and safe manner.

As for our current situation, it might be nice to stay and fight to see if we can get a bad ending. Otherwise, I think a regular-coward plan of blast 'em with the Orgasmotron and jump out of there seems like a decent plan. (And, of course, the possibility to see this Somewhere sounds intriguing...)

EDIT: This guy knows what's up
vvvvvvvvvvv

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 9, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Aquire bad ending
Then do the regular coward option.

Rainbow Bells
Oct 10, 2010

You Cussin' with Me?
If we orgasm them now we won't be able to surprise them with it in the final fight. Maximum Coward option is my vote.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

WhyFoxy posted:

If we orgasm them now we won't be able to surprise them with it in the final fight. Maximum Coward option is my vote.

If we play our cards right there won't be a final fight, once we reach the target zone in the Void Nebula we're home free.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

R.coward

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
When we make the last jump we have to fight the threshers anyway, and we'll likely have less energy, more dead crew members somehow, and we'll have probably had to burn some of our items. We'd better fight them now, get it over with.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

When we make the last jump we have to fight the threshers anyway, and we'll likely have less energy, more dead crew members somehow, and we'll have probably had to burn some of our items. We'd better fight them now, get it over with.

This is the spirit! Come one thread! Where's your sense of adventure?! We have cloacaing devices, orgasmatrons, an alien ship, and the where-with-all to take one or two mighty swings at the stupid space maggots before turning tail! We are the race that destroyed a hapless civilization that believed us to be a god. We're the civilization that broke the mighty Disco Alliance. We're the civilization that smashed and mooned those disgusting Catte assholes. We're the civilization that destroyed the gem faced moron's planet and literally killed their culture for turning on us before we could turn on them. We outsmarted a super computer to regain control of our awesome ship. We pulled ourselves out of a civil war just to party it up at a intergalactic truck stop. And if you think we're not up for the challenge of shooting everything we have at some stupid rock and metal space garbage before blowing up the truck stop and panic jumping out of the system once things start heading south then you clearly have not drank enough rotwine! We are the dominate race of this galaxy! We are the gatherers of wealth and opulence! We do not want everything...we are OWED everything! We. Are. Caiman! And so I say again...

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 9, 2015

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
escape

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is the spirit! Come one thread! Where's your sense of adventure?! We have cloacaing devices, orgasmatrons, an alien ship, and the where-with-all to take one or two mighty swings at the stupid space maggots before turning tail! We are the race that destroyed a hapless civilization that believed us to be a god. We're the civilization that broke the mighty Disco Alliance. We're the civilization that smashed and mooned those disgusting Catte assholes. We're the civilization that destroyed the gem faced moron's planet and literally killed their culture for turning on us before we could turn on them. We outsmarted a super computer to regain control of our awesome ship. We pulled ourselves out of a civil war just to party it up at a intergalactic truck stop. And if you think we're not up for the challenge of shooting everything we have at some stupid rock and metal space garbage before blowing up the truck stop and panic jumping out of the system once things start heading south then you clearly have not drank enough rotwine! We are the dominate race of this galaxy! We are the gatherers of wealth and opulence! We do not want everything...we are OWED everything! We. Are. Caiman! And so I say again...

Why start making good decisions now? FIGHT THE SEXLESS ONES AND POS THEIR NEG THRESHHOLES

Derpies fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 9, 2015

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Who let all these Cattes into the thread

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Poland Spring posted:

Who let all these Cattes into the thread

Quick, tell them there's cattenippe in PYF

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

WhyFoxy posted:

Coward4lyfe

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Maximum coward

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

You don't get a bad ending for getting your tail crammed up your cloaca in this fight - only if you win. We are entering a part of the game that is full of bad endings. We'll probably get a couple on the way through but if you want to see all the various ways you can fail your species just look in your own copy of the book.
Maximum Cowardice (the Caiman way) is ahead so I'll scan in those pages.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update:

We last left off with our ship under attack from two Thresher starships in the Kitalpha system.

We decide to jump, relying on Maximum Cowardice to stop those ships from bulldozing us . We don't even try to defend ourselves, we just spray our accumulated waste and flee. We deploy this thing:

We throw the sensor sweep, letting them attack first, but we hide in a cloud of waste and they automatically fail to damage us. The Cloaca can next be used on Day 50.
The Death shroud still causes 1 HULL damage, bringing us down to 6.

We then panic jump (393)

We lose all our energy, roll on the panic jump table (see last update) and then take 1d6 days to get wherever we're going.

I promised to show you what happens with a 6 on that panic chart, and here it is: a bad ending. 206:

But in reality I rolled 5 on the jump table, costing us our weapons system (a 16-day repair job that also means our Orgasmotron and Cloaca are out of action). We make the jump in only 1 day though.

Finally, badly damaged, the beam cutter out of action and with no energy (which means no weapons, shields, most special equipment or offensive sensor sweeps) we lurch into the Armus Capella system (narrowly chosen by the thread - as spotted it involves less radiation risk and there's some sign of civilisation here):

What's the next move? These final systems are really meant just to be recovery areas for preparing for the final jump but someone who remembers this sector might have an idea about that station.

Starship manifest:

and map, suddenly looking nearly complete:

I'll bring that second entry up to date tomorrow sometime.

E: I checked to see if our shuttle survived the battle, and it did. No Crapulence increases in the last sector and so we automatically pass the test.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 10, 2015

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Edit: Looks like Capella won after all.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Isn't there an absorption matrix here?
Or somewhere else? It's a passive one-off item. Absorbs an attack, and converts the damage into the ship's primary weapon. If you score a hit, you get a bunch of really good bonus damage effects.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Poland Spring posted:

Edit: Looks like Capella won after all.

Wrote the wrong system in the update, sorry. Capella is the less radioactive system which is the one we went to.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think we should get the weapons repaired and send an away team to the station. Hopefully there are goodies left we can make use of.

huntergatherer
Mar 5, 2005
An abandoned station you say?

That sounds like a job for a dungeoneering pole.

Page +30

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

huntergatherer posted:

Page +30

Excellent call - seconding this. Also, Mois should be on the away team.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

huntergatherer posted:

Page +30

Brzmi zabawnie :thumbsup:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Excellent call - seconding this. Also, Mois should be on the away team.

Yeah these people may be distant relatives of the Owles or something. Or at the very least we can fool their security systems into thinking so.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

huntergatherer posted:

Page +30

This is definitely a job for our spacegeoneering pole, let's +30 this sector on up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

huntergatherer posted:

Page +30

This all day. And bring Mois too!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Pole, Mois and a Bijoux.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Just checked the reference on 383, the Pole will work.

The 10-foot Soyuz 30 has a crew capacity of two so we will only be able to send one crew member/slave over with the Pole. We can also choose not to send anyone.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 10, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Send Mois with the pole. I'm sure they'll get along m like a house on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Space Karl!
I vote we head to the water world. Whichever one it is. I want the damned space artifact
Edit: wasn't it literally the movie water world with hoverships?

• Locked thread