Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Sappo569 posted:

Him and Uli should hook up

Oh god I got to the end, his car has a rat rod style shifter (it's a nissan)

His ear lobes. That's how you can tell you hated him 10 years ago too.

E: Regarding his diabetes, he just put the words "you're supposed to watch what you eat" in air quotes. And then he said "allegedly". Diabetes is pretty basic medicine at this point afaik

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dude is a walking yeast infection. Breath and dick prolly smell like cottage cheese. Hello medicated existence in like 1 year. Metabolism is like gently caress off bro here have 10 autoimmune diseases

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

millennial though he may be, the young man has some philosophical substance, pedestrian though it may be.

the millennial camus

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

thathonkey posted:

you konw what? i thought about it some more and maybe i was wrong to criticize the advice. but can yall give some examples of the two unrelated skills yall have; one that you like and have a career in and another that you love and are a hobbyist of.

I do stupid shitgarbage photography I don't want to for people for money and then I do good photography I enjoy as a hobby for my personal website no one ever goes to

I guess they're related though in like the same sense that hunting animals for sport and being a professional hitman are sort of related skills

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

thathonkey posted:

must be nice to be good enough at something you merely like to make a living-wage and career out of it and then having a separate thing that you love that you can make your hobby and have time for both.

that is lovely advice because it applies to virtually nobody.

Don't be a dumbshit.

Look at accounting. Some people can knock numbers out all day and be fine, some people find it literally soul-crushing. It's lucrative as gently caress, so some people might be tempted to do it that shouldn't. That's what I mean.

Besides, a 'career' means you are good enough at some basic thing AND you are good enough at people skills and all the other adult poo poo you need to do. That other stuff is hard enough without coming to hate the thing you're there for every day.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
:viggo:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

A real meatspin dot com you got there.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a happy snowman posted:

Don't be a dumbshit.

Look at accounting. Some people can knock numbers out all day and be fine, some people find it literally soul-crushing. It's lucrative as gently caress, so some people might be tempted to do it that shouldn't. That's what I mean.

Besides, a 'career' means you are good enough at some basic thing AND you are good enough at people skills and all the other adult poo poo you need to do. That other stuff is hard enough without coming to hate the thing you're there for every day.

I hope you kept reading past that original post because I repented for being a jerk (sorry) :downs:

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Big surprise that generations of people had jobs that depended on increasing conspicuous consumption, and now we have a generation of materialistic consumers that have no problem consuming instead of saving.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I do stupid shitgarbage photography I don't want to for people for money and then I do good photography I enjoy as a hobby for my personal website no one ever goes to

so my erotic photoshoot was just 'shitgarbage' to you

Sir, you just lost a customer

Sam Pink
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-behavior/a22977-girls-on-tinder-do-smash-a-lot

The 80/20 rule is proven in damning scientific study. Eighty percent of the women are loving less than twenty percent of the men. The majority of men are fighting for leftover scraps that Chad T is too busy to gently caress!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yea well it makes sense. i saw a teen male with moobs eating an ice cream cone at a starbucks (they don't sell ice cream...) and i was not impressed.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you're trying to get a government job in the US and you're not former military or the child/spouse of someone E-8+, O-5+, or GS-12+, you're gonna end up either unemployed or working for a 32k a year contractor where you'll never promote upward unless you're super amiable/charismatic.

I have a few friends with wives young enough to be considered millennials and it always cracks me up to hear them bitching about their government contracting gigs, like being first on the phone tech support for army.mil mail and a few less-than-TS networks is any different than the Sears Appliance Call Center. It's even funnier when we, as former military assholes who had to occasionally deal with civilians in similar jobs try to explain that they aren't doing anything more important or streamlined than the kid at the T-Mobile store telling grandpa how to hard-boot his phone. Not to mention the US Army email system is way less secure than any single cell-phone carrier's. They just think having a government job means its going to pay well and promote often, when the reality is they sure as hell don't for people without incredibly desirable skill sets.

Not that i should complain, my career arc was Marines -> Community College -> Prison Guard -> Internet Bachelor's -> Working for my older brother's company making 72k/yr.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

think how long the artist had to toy with that meat to get the right shape and weight to swipe every time

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sam Pink posted:

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-behavior/a22977-girls-on-tinder-do-smash-a-lot

The 80/20 rule is proven in damning scientific study. Eighty percent of the women are loving less than twenty percent of the men. The majority of men are fighting for leftover scraps that Chad T is too busy to gently caress!

I am a student in sexology - Jon pop

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

good luck finding any desirable property in any city worth a poo poo that hasn't been snatched up by cash buyers and then rented for more than the mortgage cost

well, I found just that so yay me I guess

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

thathonkey posted:

you konw what? i thought about it some more and maybe i was wrong to criticize the advice. but can yall give some examples of the two unrelated skills yall have; one that you like and have a career in and another that you love and are a hobbyist of.

Lawyering (Public Defender, love it) and working on cars and turning 20 acres into a goat and horse farm and and and ...

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Darth123123 posted:

I am a student in sexology - Jon pop

He's probably going nuts seeing how literally all the hot babes just go gently caress the hottest guys there, on paper, in black and white. The powerlessness and rage continue to coalesce, anger with nothing to take it out on.

And the next day a 17 year old white hooker is found strangled in a dumpster with an incredible counted 178 stab wounds. A sexologist sips their coffee, as the camera pans out to show the dumpster...is theirs.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Dave Concepcion posted:

p skeptical it's in a city anyone wants to live in

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

p skeptical it's in a city anyone wants to live in

oslo, which is a pretty horrible place to live if you hate hot women who pay for their own drinks and gently caress on the first date

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Dave Concepcion posted:

oslo, which is a pretty horrible place to live if you hate hot women who pay for their own drinks and gently caress on the first date

oh, when you were giving generic financial advice I assumed you lived in america like most of the people in this thread

yeah real estate in the us doesn't work that way and our millennials are probably way more hosed than western european millennials outside of like greece

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Dave Concepcion posted:

yeah me too. affordable Seattle real estate isn't a myth. i've seen it.

the sick thing about being an illenial is you're always the exception to the rule.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

affordable Seattle real estate isn't a myth. i've seen it.

I'm intrigued, how do we go about finding it? Everything I've seen so far has been crazy expensive

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Clockwerk posted:

I'm intrigued, how do we go about finding it? Everything I've seen so far has been crazy expensive

Just wait for the next bubble pop. We bought in 2012 right at the bottom.

Buying during a boom is like buying a 1st gen Apple product. Dumb.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

thathonkey posted:

I hope you kept reading past that original post because I repented for being a jerk (sorry) :downs:

No worries, thought you were just doing the standard SA troll response. :respek:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Buying during a boom is like buying a 1st gen Apple product. Dumb.

I can't wait for this to happen in Denver. I can feel it coming. 90% rent/buying increase in the last 3 years with basically no increase in the average income. Just waiting for this stupid poo poo to end.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Dave Concepcion posted:

you literally posted that same line in another thread please find something else to brag about

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

a happy snowman posted:

Don't be a dumbshit.

But was anybody a sixth grader that said "I really want to be an accountant when I grow up!"?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

still the best commercial of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myG8hq1Mk00

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Clockwerk posted:

I like your avatar. :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

always a fan of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryBznsG0tQ

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

But was anybody a sixth grader that said "I really want to be an accountant when I grow up!"?

Me, but my parents made me get a theatre degree.

Wish I was lying.

Got to follow their dreams, at least

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

lol, prices are probably at least another year from peaking and the last peak was in 2006 before it started to decline so you're basically telling people to just wait another 7-8 years to buy a house

like just put one of the most basic accepted milestones in the progression of your adult life on hold for another decade

this generation is so hosed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

joat mon posted:

Lawyering (Public Defender, love it) and working on cars and turning 20 acres into a goat and horse farm and and and ...

i wish i knew how to work on cars. that'd be cool. i don't own any land. actually i don't even own my car.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i wish i knew how to work on cars. that'd be cool. i don't own any land. actually i don't even own my car.

being too poor to afford a mechanic is a good way to learn to work on cars. but the caveat is that you need to be wealthy enough to own a car.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I work at the sucking dick factory. I'm pretty good at it :whatup:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Me, but my parents made me get a theatre degree.

Wish I was lying.

Got to follow their dreams, at least

I feel there's a brilliant Ask/Tell thread in this post.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

For some reason I love john pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

BONGHITZ posted:

For some reason I love john pop.

once you pop you can't stop

• Locked thread